Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Difficulty (Lots of Monsters on Lots)  (Read 16237 times)

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: Difficulty (Lots of Monsters on Lots)
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2014, 06:51:18 AM »
Noobs are given the name "Noobs" for a reason. It really isn't hard to survive on hard difficulty, I play in Hard all the time.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

CanadianR

• Server Moderator
  • Beaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2014, 06:52:12 AM »
Why should we cater to the experienced players? They already have enough with full enchanted diamond armor and multiple enchanted weapons.
You know what, I dare those people to try and survive with nothing they already have. See how long they last without dying.

I can run around with no armor on hard difficulty and survive, why can't anyone else?

I play on Hard on my Single Player world, and I don't wear anything more then boots with Feather Falling.
But new people on Innectis have nothing but a stone sword to start off with basic iron tools. Those do not give them good odds to survive. As for you you probably have a strong sword in that world, AND probably have been playing on it for a while. I am not saying "make things SUPER easy for them" but let's face it, nobody wants to play on a server where they can't even get a start on. Also, I wonder, do you people REALLY want new people to join? Considering in the past even when I was a user, people did use the term "dumb user" a lot. Which Idc they said to me "Oh all users but you" I still found that insulting. So, do you guys REALLY want new people to join this server to keep this server going, or not?

P.S Adam: On single player you start in the day, people on Innectis could start at night.
  • CanadianR
    CanadianR
    CanadianR

Only Beaver in Innectis History

capdru

• Goldy VIP
  • "Text" Nuff Said
    • View Profile
    • Google (I OWN THIS COMPANY)
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2014, 10:04:33 AM »
:I 32 or above times i died
  • capdru
    capdru
    capdru

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2014, 11:55:26 AM »
Alright... let me put some thought into this one because it looks like I really need to. Asthyn/Adam, you guys are pretty experienced in Minecraft. I'd like to say I can play it decently too, maybe even on hard. However, what is easy to you guys may not necessarily be easy to newcomers. Are you then wanting the difficulty on hard specifically for you? Do you even consider the noobies? The either of you probably don't play as often as some people who claim the difficulty is too hard.

Consider what is fair here. We did a loooooooooot of things in a short amount of time. We increased the server difficulty 2 times in probably less than 2 months... and personally I think hard is not a difficulty we should set. I'm not thinking of myself here, I'm thinking of a lot of newcomers and even some of the current player base. Don't think of what you want the ideal player to be. We're not an elitist Minecraft community, but a unique and rather open one.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2014, 09:29:10 PM »
The votes from the last poll we did about the difficulty pretty much sums it up. People wanted it on hard. You don't have to be good at minecraft to survive on hard. Torches are magnificent things. Armor is a magnificent thing. Swords are magnificent things. You dont have to have good armor to survive. You dont have to engage mobs in combat if you dont want to, you can easily run past them. It's almost laughable how people don't look for another solution to dying than to turn down the difficulty.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ

Snow_Owl82

• Goldy VIP
  • doot
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2014, 09:46:12 PM »
The votes from the last poll we did about the difficulty pretty much sums it up. People wanted it on hard. You don't have to be good at minecraft to survive on hard. Torches are magnificent things. Armor is a magnificent thing. Swords are magnificent things. You don't have to have good armor to survive. You don't have to engage mobs in combat if you don't want to, you can easily run past them. It's almost laughable how people don't look for another solution to dying than to turn down the difficulty.
But there are also 8 people that have voted on something other than to keep it hard. The community is split, unless you're referring to: http://archives.codespeak.org/innectis/forum/index.php/topic,2979.0.html.
  • Snow_Owl82
    Snow_Owl82
    Snow_Owl82
i play the trumpet

Capn_Hu

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2014, 11:27:22 PM »
The votes from the last poll we did about the difficulty pretty much sums it up. People wanted it on hard. You don't have to be good at minecraft to survive on hard. Torches are magnificent things. Armor is a magnificent thing. Swords are magnificent things. You don't have to have good armor to survive. You don't have to engage mobs in combat if you don't want to, you can easily run past them. It's almost laughable how people don't look for another solution to dying than to turn down the difficulty.
But there are also 8 people that have voted on something other than to keep it hard. The community is split, unless you're referring to: http://archives.codespeak.org/innectis/forum/index.php/topic,2979.0.html.

Also many of the new users don't really make forums accounts, and thus do not have a say in this...
  • Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu

haspet

• Goldy VIP
  • I'm back! (Does anyone remember me?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2014, 11:50:43 PM »
Also many of the new users don't really make forums accounts, and thus do not have a say in this...

Most of the forum accounts are old and/or experienced players. Hmm... perhaps I should do a server survey with people I see online... I will tomorrow. It's late now.
  • Haspet
    Haspet
    Haspet
www.freerice.com
Discord: Haspet#2853
(Only adding people I know)

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2014, 12:32:14 AM »
I think it's been said before, the people wanted it on hard, and now a select few are whining about these changes, happens all the time...
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning

Capn_Hu

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2014, 12:37:20 AM »
I think it's been said before, the people wanted it on hard, and now a select few are whining about these changes, happens all the time...

Well seriously, this isn't an exactly a fair poll because its mostly experienced players who are voting for this anyway. It's not an accurate representation of what the server thinks overall. It just shows what the majority of active forum posters want. What should be done, is the polling of new players after about 1-2 hrs of play time.

Ask them after they die 12 times if they would come back more often if the difficulty was lowered.
  • Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu

haspet

• Goldy VIP
  • I'm back! (Does anyone remember me?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2014, 12:55:08 AM »
Ugh. To reiterate, people active on forums are mostly the experienced players, and actually, are less active on the server itself often. ESPECIALLY with Reasoning and SGT. I am on Innectis very often throughout the day. I occasionally see SGT around but I NEVER see Reasoning. And the people who I see often on the server? Not on the forums. Thus why I am doing a more fair survey of ACTIVE players who actually PLAY OFTEN ENOUGH and are not biased to their experienced minecraft lifestyles.
  • Haspet
    Haspet
    Haspet
www.freerice.com
Discord: Haspet#2853
(Only adding people I know)

Capn_Hu

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2014, 12:58:35 AM »
Thus why I am doing a more fair survey of ACTIVE players who actually PLAY OFTEN ENOUGH and are not biased to their experienced minecraft lifestyles.

I think the staff should also have a role in polling the new users. It's their job to help run the server.
  • Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu

CanadianR

• Server Moderator
  • Beaver
    • View Profile
Re: Difficulty (Lots of Monsters on Lots) (And my perspective on it)
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2014, 06:44:00 AM »
The votes from the last poll we did about the difficulty pretty much sums it up. People wanted it on hard. You don't have to be good at minecraft to survive on hard. Torches are magnificent things. Armor is a magnificent thing. Swords are magnificent things. You dont have to have good armor to survive. You dont have to engage mobs in combat if you dont want to, you can easily run past them. It's almost laughable how people don't look for another solution to dying than to turn down the difficulty.
First of all, that word choice was a little rude.
Well seriously, this isn't an exactly a fair poll because its mostly experienced players who are voting for this anyway. It's not an accurate representation of what the server thinks overall. It just shows what the majority of active forum posters want. What should be done, is the polling of new players after about 1-2 hrs of play time.

Ask them after they die 12 times if they would come back more often if the difficulty was lowered.
Ugh. To reiterate, people active on forums are mostly the experienced players, and actually, are less active on the server itself often. ESPECIALLY with Reasoning and SGT. I am on Innectis very often throughout the day. I occasionally see SGT around but I NEVER see Reasoning. And the people who I see often on the server? Not on the forums. Thus why I am doing a more fair survey of ACTIVE players who actually PLAY OFTEN ENOUGH and are not biased to their experienced minecraft lifestyles.
   Second of all, I mentioned that earlier in this topic, and to be honest, while I was on staff during the last poll I did have those concerns but I did not really express them. But let's look at the facts, how long have people on the forums been playing? A long time. Also, what ranks are generally these more experienced people, Goldy. And what does goldy have? /toggle hunger, also multiple homes they can set, /backpack, and TINY WORLD EDIT that they previously used as a VERY lazy way to mine and get more diamonds then some users can dream of. So, you complain the server is too easy, OF COURSE! The rank is a high price so it has to have a lot of features. So people, you think it is easy because you are set up to have an easy time. Also played in an easier time where I will admit, it was too easy, but now as Joel put, the difficulty was changed very quickly and now it is unbalanced in the other direction. I know that I am not having issues with surviving, but I can see that others are. Which if was only like one or two having issues I would not complain, but if I see that a large number of the people who are playing are dying 5 times in the span of 10 minutes, AND that new people are dying and not staying. That is an issue.

Which as I put here

But new people on Innectis have nothing but a stone sword to start off with basic iron tools. Those do not give them good odds to survive. As for you you probably have a strong sword in that world, AND probably have been playing on it for a while. I am not saying "make things SUPER easy for them" but let's face it, nobody wants to play on a server where they can't even get a start on. Also, I wonder, do you people REALLY want new people to join? Considering in the past even when I was a user, people did use the term "dumb user" a lot. Which Idc they said to me "Oh all users but you" I still found that insulting. So, do you guys REALLY want new people to join this server to keep this server going, or not?

P.S Adam: On single player you start in the day, people on Innectis could start at night.
I really question if certain people here really care if new people join the server. People are, to quote Reasoning, "whining" that  "Oh those users are noobs" also "Oh all users are a bunch of immature kids I hate them" and "Users are noobs and dumb." I HATE that. We NEED those new people to join, and EVERYONE at one time or another was just like them.

So really, all of the points are here. People who are more experienced with their jobs then to find their job easier, that is a fact! So that is why you guys complain about it being too easy, that is expected. Especially since you guys have commands that help make it easier for you.

-A long rant from CanadianR (Ryan)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 06:50:43 AM by CanadianR »
  • CanadianR
    CanadianR
    CanadianR

Only Beaver in Innectis History

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2014, 06:54:35 AM »
lol Innectis is easy enough as it is, thats why we turned it up in the first place. Nuff said.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ

Capn_Hu

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2014, 10:51:34 AM »
I agree with Ryan. Turning up the heat doesn't really affect us Goldies as much.
  • Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu