Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Difficulty (Lots of Monsters on Lots)  (Read 12605 times)

HOBOTHEGREATGOD

• Goldy VIP
  • Does saying "A rich Hobo" h make sence? hmmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: Difficulty (Lots of Monsters on Lots)
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2014, 11:40:09 AM »
Thats why i thought of having dificulties based on players ranks and lot sizes
  • HOBOTHEGREATGOD
    HOBOTHEGREATGOD
    HOBOTHEGREATGOD
Hellllooooooooo Im not really a hobo........

Or am i......

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2014, 11:41:25 AM »
The votes from the last poll we did about the difficulty pretty much sums it up. People wanted it on hard. You don't have to be good at minecraft to survive on hard. Torches are magnificent things. Armor is a magnificent thing. Swords are magnificent things. You dont have to have good armor to survive. You dont have to engage mobs in combat if you dont want to, you can easily run past them. It's almost laughable how people don't look for another solution to dying than to turn down the difficulty.
The server was on easy then. We did a 2-fold increase, didn't even stick to normal... I'm sure people would be fine if it was on normal.

If someone complains that a game is too easy, and say the game is already on easy mode, you don't suggest hard... you suggest they do normal. Hard is probably for the challenge.

"Yes, they could use torches..." well, perhaps they haven't learned that aspect yet, and you're saying they're not good enough for Innectis, that they're just noobs? Think of what you once were in the FIRST video game you played. What we need is normal difficulty. What we don't need are more ways to make Innectis easier.

Jumping from easy to hard IS a huge leap, and will render the noobies incapable of having an experience they want to come back to. Don't just think of yourselves.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

haspet

• Goldy VIP
  • I'm back! (Does anyone remember me?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2014, 12:15:48 PM »
lol Innectis is easy enough as it is, thats why we turned it up in the first place. Nuff said.

Okay I'm starting to think you're just ignoring what everyone else is saying. Good for you, Mr. Close-Minded.
  • Haspet
    Haspet
    Haspet
www.freerice.com
Discord: Haspet#2853
(Only adding people I know)

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2014, 12:27:41 PM »
lol Innectis is easy enough as it is, thats why we turned it up in the first place. Nuff said.

Okay I'm starting to think you're just ignoring what everyone else is saying. Good for you, Mr. Close-Minded.
That came off a bit strong, but the point you're trying to make still stands. You really need to think for newcomers, not what you expect in a gamer, Adam.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend

Capn_Hu

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2014, 01:53:49 PM »
I'll agree that it was too easy before. I think normal difficulty is the perfect difficulty. We need to think about creating the next generation of experienced players who want to come back.
  • Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2014, 03:07:05 PM »
There is too big of a gap between Normal and Hard. Thats Mojangs fault, they should do something about it, it's way to easy on normal and easy on hard.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

CanadianR

• Server Moderator
  • Beaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2014, 03:28:32 PM »
Well, I do agree with Joel that we should not have jumped from easy to hard. If anything we should have put it on normal as a test for a while. Also, yes there is a large gap between normal and hard. But I got an idea. We put it on normal as a test then we see what is the average opinions of the server's difficulty rank by rank. Then if it is good for some but not for others we can look at some ways to balance it. Because a big reason why I am able to easily survive on hard is /toggle hunger. So if something makes it too easy we may need to do something to balance it. Plus, the vote is 50%/50% between "good and bad" So clearly it is not balanced.
Anyone agree with this?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 03:41:18 PM by CanadianR »
  • CanadianR
    CanadianR
    CanadianR

Only Beaver in Innectis History

haspet

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2014, 03:34:21 PM »
Well, I do agree with Joel that we should not have jumped from easy to hard. If anything we should have put it on normal as a test for a while. Also, yes there is a large gap between normal and hard. But I got an idea. We put it on normal as a test then we see what is the average opinions of the server's difficulty rank by rank. Then if it is good for some but not for others we can look at some ways to balance it. Because a big reason why I am able to easily survive on hard is /toggle hunger. So if something makes it too easy we may need to do something to balance it.
Anyone agree with this?

I don't have a problem with it.
  • Haspet
    Haspet
    Haspet
www.freerice.com

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2014, 05:57:12 PM »
What is the real issue here?

1. The truth hurts, sorry but I say it as it is.

2. Some people are good at Minecraft, others are bad.

3. We do need to advertise to get a better audience of new players, for as I see it we do not have a large enough community to accurately represent any span of players, for it seems everyone complains no matter what. (And on a side note, it seems to me all the new players are [generally] younger kids who are easily susceptible to a "death induced rage", and don't have the patience to learn from their mistakes."

I am sorry if the word "whining" offended anyone, but again, read #1. I have a blunt way of stating the facts, haters will hate, and i'm more then prepared to endure the repercussions, for not everyone seems to be realistic in these situations. I've said it before and i'll say it again, you can not please everyone. I am simply starting to get fed up with the constant bickering from one party to the next.

I occasionally see SGT around but I NEVER see Reasoning.

As for this,
I will not speak for Adam, however the reasons I am not active on the server at the current time are many.

1. I am working full time, and what time I have I enjoy having a social life, not being cooped up behind a screen during my summer. Going o parties, the bar, hanging out with friends, etc.
2. I do not enjoy (Vanilla) Minecraft/Innectis as much anymore, for it is not complicated enough and I feel Mojang is slacking in the updates department. What time I do play on Minecraft I have been playing heavilly modded/far more complex versions of the game.
3. I do not feel like I want to speak to much of the community members on a "friend" level and it feels like a "job" at this point in time, therefore stripping the enjoyment away. This may seem offensive, but I don't mean it how it likely sounds. I have a very specific view of the internet, which few people know/understand here, so please do not take offence.

Suggestion:

Setting the NoMonsters flag to a default flag in Lot Areas. This means there would mean you would have no monster threats in the lot areas unless you asked a staff member to remove the flag.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 06:16:39 PM by TheReasoning »
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning

Capn_Hu

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2014, 07:24:04 PM »

Suggestion:

Setting the NoMonsters flag to a default flag in Lot Areas. This means there would mean you would have no monster threats in the lot areas unless you asked a staff member to remove the flag.

I really like this. It has the fun of slaying hundreds of mobs, and includes the safety of no mobs. People now have a choice.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 07:27:20 PM by Capn_Hu »
  • Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu

haspet

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2014, 08:01:52 PM »

Suggestion:

I really like this. It has the fun of slaying hundreds of mobs, and includes the safety of no mobs. People now have a choice.

I can support this.

P.S. Results of server survey so far are: 10 say the server is too hard, 0 say it is good how it is
  • Haspet
    Haspet
    Haspet
www.freerice.com

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2014, 08:47:08 PM »
Difficulty set to normal.

I think the people who play in general would say that this is the case anyways, and I have the best interests of newcomers and the players in general at heart. Hard is not a difficulty that can be played casually.

Edit: in 1.8 we can lock difficulty levels per world, so this can be used for more interesting purposes.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:17:48 PM by AlphaBlend »
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend