Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Adventure Map  (Read 3075 times)

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
Adventure Map
« on: October 13, 2011, 05:42:56 PM »
If you have ever played Adventure Craft, you know how fun it can be to explore dungeons. Wouldn't it be fun to have an entire map just for exploring! In this adventure mode, you are not able to mine or build. It would be strictly PvP. New items such as keys will unlock doors. Hidden chests containing items such as boomerangs, bombs, and lanterns (only usable in adventure map). Bombs would be use to destroy cracked walls revealing new paths or dungeons. As you explore dungeons and gain Hearts your life meter will increase. Mobs will only appear if there is a spawner OR a fighting sequence needed to progress further in dungeons. Each dungeon contains a boss and when that boss is defeated, you recieve a Heart Container.

Types of Dungeons could be elemental based
-Earth
-Fire
-Water
-Sky
-Ice
-Nether

I know this would be a challenge to introduce Adventure Craft in Innectis, but it would be interesting
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

ArronM

• Goldy VIP
  • IDTP Lead Developer
    • View Profile
    • ArronM
Adventure Map
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 12:24:30 PM »
Adventure craft is a single player mod, meaning client mods. Hret will not allow this until mojan release their own modding API. Sorry but your idea is never gunna happen.
  • ArronM
    ArronM
    ArronM
Kind Regards,
ArronM,
Lead IDTP Developer

Hretsam

• Former Owner
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
Adventure Map
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 07:32:49 AM »
Sadly we cant add custom items and such. If you can get me a good dungeon chunk generator i'll be sure to test it out.

For the rest i will have to disappoint you.
  • Hretsam
    Hretsam
    Hretsam

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
Adventure Map
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 10:05:39 AM »
Thats seems to be the main problem. I am looking for a chunk generator that includes all 1.8 features w/o the extra items.

Didnt take into consideration that extra items would require everyone to modify thier minecraft files.
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
Adventure Map
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 10:45:14 AM »
This seems to work on my minecraft files (no mods needed) The only issue is, this cannot be used on an adventure map where players are not able to place blocks. Placing blocks is needed. This would work better on a map similar to reszone.

http://www.neurogrill.net/mc/mcmapper.htm

I did not take into consideration that extra items would require all users to modify thier files. This is an impossible task to do. This dungeon generator does not have any new items such as the lanterns. This is designed without mods.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 10:59:54 AM by Eggnaug »
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!