Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: PVP World and lots  (Read 3074 times)

theyoungster1

• Goldy VIP
  • Heck yes tulpae.
    • View Profile
PVP World and lots
« on: October 10, 2011, 01:29:12 PM »
when a new player asked "is there PVP here?", i really didn't have any good answer to that. how could we give players who wanted PVP a good experience?

simple: PVP WORLD!

Building in PVP world

upon request, any player can get a custom lot in the PVP world. they can have a lot in any random place within the boundaries of the world's walls with any size equal to or less than 32. there will also be no roads, so lots can be touching each other directly. when they first get this lot, they will be in 'building mode' until a week passes or the user finishes. during this time, nobody can enter the lot; the owner is invincible and cannot deal damage in PVP world; and he can temporarily bring his items into pvp world. he can build off any lots that his lot touches. (for example, if two people make towers in their lots, a third player can build a bridge between the two towers.)

once their lot is complete, they cannot edit it again until a certain time has passed. (a few months?)

Fighting in PVP world
when you warp to this world, instead of appearing at a designated area, instead you appear at a random location in the PVP zone. your inventory temporarily dissapears and is replaced with a map and a sword. your health and food bar is also fully replenished. however, the map dissapears after a few seconds so you have long enough to know the general area the other players are. anyone who kills another player gets experience points, but the loser keeps his exp.

when your EXP bar fills up, you gain a 'level up'. you can upgrade each part of armor, sword, and buy a bow with enough levels. you would type a command such as /pvpugrade and you would be given a list of things you can afford to upgrade and their level cost. for example, upgrading your helmet costs two levels, while your sword would cost four.

upgrades
wood sword - stone sword (2) - iron sword (4) - gold sword (6) - diamond sword (8)
no helm - leather cap (1) - iron helm (1) - gold helm (2) - diamond helm (3)
no tunic - leather tunic (2) - iron tunic (2) - gold tunic (3) - diamond tunic (4)
no leggings - leather pants (2) - iron leggings (2) - gold leggings (3) - diamond leggings (3)
no boots - leather boots (1) - iron boots (1) - gold boots (2) - diamond boots (3)
no bow - bow (1 arrow) (2) - 3 arrows (3) - 5 arrows (5) - 10 arrows (8)

additional notes:
1. lots are only for making cool places to fight, such as ruins, towers, mazes, etc.
2. traps are allowed. dispensers can dispense infinite arrows, snowballs or eggs. other items (armor or weapons) will be impossible to put into dispensers, as they can be abused.
3. players cannot pick up dropped items. a player with a lesser bow could drop his arrows in a safe spot, leave and come back, and pick them up for double arrows.
4. put the 'top' of the map about 5 blocks away from the void for effect, with only one layer of bedrock.

i really hope something like this gets implemented, but i'm sure it'll be a pain in the [CENSORED!!!111!!] to program. :p
  • theyoungster1
    theyoungster1
    theyoungster1
so, how are you holding up?
because i'm a POTATO.

clap
clap
clap

oh good, my slow clap processor made it into this thing. so we have that.

ArronM

• Goldy VIP
  • IDTP Lead Developer
    • View Profile
    • ArronM
PVP World and lots
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 09:30:56 AM »
nice idea, it would be very hard to code and some of those features would not be possible....
  • ArronM
    ArronM
    ArronM
Kind Regards,
ArronM,
Lead IDTP Developer

theyoungster1

• Goldy VIP
  • Heck yes tulpae.
    • View Profile
PVP World and lots
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 03:40:43 PM »
Quote from: ArronM;1092
nice idea, it would be very hard to code and some of those features would not be possible....
yeah, that's what i was thinking. but even just a 'build a lot and fight in it' idea would be cool.
  • theyoungster1
    theyoungster1
    theyoungster1
because i'm a POTATO.

clap
clap
clap

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
PVP World and lots
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 05:31:30 PM »
This would be great except that the idea of leveling up will interfere with beta 1.9 features
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

theyoungster1

• Goldy VIP
  • Heck yes tulpae.
    • View Profile
PVP World and lots
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 04:59:53 PM »
Quote from: Eggnaug;1101
This would be great except that the idea of leveling up will interfere with beta 1.9 features
theoretically you could have a seperate XP count that's chat-based.
  • theyoungster1
    theyoungster1
    theyoungster1
because i'm a POTATO.

clap
clap
clap