Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Finding new ways to solve problems.  (Read 11211 times)

RickTheRuler

• VIP
  • Wake up John.
    • View Profile
Re: Finding new ways to solve problems.
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 05:44:49 PM »
There is another server that permabans when you are banned and the only way you can come back is to appeal. And people are banned daily.

So if you think Innectis is ban happy, you haven't explored enough.
  • RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 07:28:38 PM »
There is another server that permabans when you are banned and the only way you can come back is to appeal. And people are banned daily.

So if you think Innectis is ban happy, you haven't explored enough.

I question whether a ban is the proper situation in all cases. Does it really teach a lesson? Or does it simply temporarily fix a problem?

P.S. Since I know someone will have the ignorance of posting it. Yes, once again, whatever you may all think, I could care less about being banned at the moment, and no that is not my reason for posting.
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 07:33:28 PM »
I think a ban is mainly because we don't want to take the time to come up with another protocol that works. So we do it this way. Yes we have muting, we also have jailing, but the thing that hits the player hardest is when we ban them for breaking rules.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 08:50:21 PM »
I don't see why you guys label Reason as a bad guy for pointing out community flaws. All he is doing is pointing out well known facts that others are either too afraid or too lazy to bring up. Honestly, you should get to know him better, he isn't here to just point out flaws, he is here to have fun, play minecraft, and have input into the community in the same way other members do. I hate people having the concept that we ignore the community's opinions, and want that to change. Bring up any problems you have with IDP, Staff, Bugs and other players. We are an open book, let us have your opinions, and insight.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

RickTheRuler

• VIP
  • Wake up John.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2013, 02:16:21 AM »
I don't think anyone said the staff ignore our opinions....

Not sure where you got that from, unless I overlooked something.
  • RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler

l_iamW

• Goldy VIP
  • Ancient Member
  • IT'S TIME TO DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DUEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 03:58:36 AM »
When a player gets banned they realise they have broken the rules. So then hopefully they don't do it again. What other option is there?
  • l_iamW
    l_iamW
    l_iamW

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2013, 07:03:04 AM »
What I meant was, this post is about Reasons opinion on how to deal with problems (hence the topic title). Then we have staff saying this:
You're mad because you got banned. You think there's a problem because we ban people for using xray and/or think we ban too much... ...Or maybe people cheat to much. /thread.
No opinion offered, just "You're mad because you got banned." Would you be want to say your opinion when a staff member just comes along and pushes your opinion aside?
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ

Skye

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2013, 08:08:34 AM »
What I meant was, this post is about Reasons opinion on how to deal with problems (hence the topic title). Then we have staff saying this:
You're mad because you got banned. You think there's a problem because we ban people for using xray and/or think we ban too much... ...Or maybe people cheat to much. /thread.
No opinion offered, just "You're mad because you got banned." Would you be want to say your opinion when a staff member just comes along and pushes your opinion aside?
That happens all the time so...... ??????????????????????

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2013, 09:30:12 AM »
That happens all the time so...... ??????????????????????

Hmm Skye, I wonder which staff member is seemingly famous for doing so *hint hint* *nudge nudge*
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning

Skye

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2013, 05:16:56 PM »
I could care less about your opinion, because you're a hypocrite beyond so many levels.

RickTheRuler

• VIP
  • Wake up John.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2013, 05:43:02 PM »

So, because Skye and Reasoning don't like each other, that automatically means that we (the community) think the staff push our opinions aside?

I haven't seen a staff member completely shoot down an opinion or suggestion; I've just seen Skye and Reasoning butting heads about her choices, which I don't really see the problem with.

Now, I know I'm not on the server much but from what I observed, but that's just what I've seen.
  • RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2013, 06:05:07 PM »
It's not just because they "don't like each other". Staff in general, not just Skye, She was just used as the example here.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ

RickTheRuler

• VIP
  • Wake up John.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2013, 11:42:01 PM »
I guess I'm just not on the server enough to notice this.
  • RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2013, 01:02:00 AM »
We take great interest in the community when it comes to expand Innectis. Although we have much to do behind the scenes as lots of stuff still has to be implemented, we still put all of this in mind. Although we don't accept all suggestions, we look at what has been suggested and act based on how we feel about the situation.

Although we do not accept all suggestions, we do appreciate that players take the time to think about ways that we can expand our community. It is an honor that the community enjoy us so much that they would like to see us expand by offering us suggestions.

Although there does seem to be matters of unrest in our community we still try to take care of them when they do happen. We are not completely free of all drama, but we are still trying. If we have to make a change for the better if it means solving a difficult problem we will be more than happy to do so if it benefits everyone. I do not want to cause unrest in the community, and neither do the other staff. A good community is one in which both the staff and players can co-exist without issues.

Yes, there may be some issues between players and staff, but unfortunately that is inevitable. It will always be like that, if two people think much differently. We just have to bare with those who have issues, and if push comes to shove, deal with them in a certain way.

@Skye: I know what a hypocrite is, and Reasoning is not a hypocrite. He has valid opinions, and so do other players. His opinions may conflict with your ideals, but you two think differently when it comes to some things. That's just a way of life.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

Skye

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2013, 03:47:20 AM »
@Skye: I know what a hypocrite is, and Reasoning is not a hypocrite. He has valid opinions, and so do other players. His opinions may conflict with your ideals, but you two think differently when it comes to some things. That's just a way of life.
He calls IDP trash, yet won't set foot in Freebuild? So you're blind. Simple.