Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Nether  (Read 11962 times)

luetzj

• Retired Staff
  • Ancient Member
    • View Profile
Re: Nether
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2012, 04:59:54 PM »
The only reason you cannot use tinyWE is because there are only 5 block types. Like the reszone, you can collect resources. The longer the wait for a reset, the harder it becomes to collect netherbrick and glowstone.
I can collect Nether brick and Glowstone just fine. As much as I'd ever need. People need to explore more.
^Also, that. People, the nether SPAWN has been moved before. That can happen again. Even then, just explore a little more. It's not like reszone where crazy goldies dig massive pits everywhere and eventually there are no trees for newbies from people harvesting.

Massive pits? I have not seen that in a while.
  • luetzj
    luetzj
    luetzj

Hretsam

• Former Owner
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2012, 01:23:45 PM »
Try to go in the other direction, last time i checked there was a lot of glowstone there
  • Hretsam
    Hretsam
    Hretsam

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2012, 01:57:20 PM »
We have had this current Nether for 6 months. Perhaps there could be a monthly/bimonthly reset? That would allow people to have their "Nether Creations" for some time and have fresh Nether maps every so often.
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

luetzj

• Retired Staff
  • Ancient Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2012, 08:21:57 PM »
Go to the Innectis map and look for glowstone. See? There is a ton left. Also, look! There are admin lots near glowstone! Just go there and go collect the glowstone! I see almost no point in reseting the nether until there is not so much glowstone.
  • luetzj
    luetzj
    luetzj

CheShire

• Goldy VIP
  • I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2012, 08:56:38 PM »
How about a nether themed reszone and the normal nether? like how the main world and the reszone are. would that cause too much lag?
  • coolcoolnew
    coolcoolnew
    coolcoolnew
Fair enough.

GSTa2000

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2012, 02:27:22 AM »
No. The nether should never be reset. Innectis is fair to all it's players. Do you know I spend 90% of my time in the nether? Did you know BOTH of my homes are in the nether? Did you know I rarely edit my lots in Main World because I build in the nether?

The nether isn't the place your supposed to set up your home...
The Nether isn't suppose to be a place for building. Also Wart Farms are easy to replace.
As others have said, the Nether is NOT a place for building, it's a resource zone.
Who are you to say this? No one can define what the nether is for. It is what you want it to be, but it's not something -you- can ever define.

I do thin we are due for a Nether reset. Maybe like a reset every two months would be better.
This seriously doens't need to happen either. Do you people not realize the nether is as big reszone, if bigger. Just because everyone is too lazy to explore for Glowstone and Nether brick, doesn't mean it needs to be reset.

Specific areas of the nether can be regenerated using a command, the whole map doesn't need to be erased. All of my creations don't need to be erased because you're all too lazy to look for Glowstone.

it's a resource zone.
Admins have said previously it's not a resource zone. Why do you think we can't use TinyWE.

Think people.
SKYE IS SO AWESOME PEOPLE LISTEN TO HER
  • GSta2000
    GSta2000
    GSta2000
Blap Blap

Hretsam

• Former Owner
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2012, 05:24:20 AM »
The reason why you cant use TinyWE or teleport in the nether is easy. (I think I said this before)

But we wanted to keep some of the 'real' nether alive. So it is supposed to be a scary dangerous place, where you have to watch your step.
Making TinyWE/Teleporting work in the nether would defeat that purpose.

Would it be any fun if you could just walk around there and don't have to worry about dying?

I've seen some creative things in the nether made by players. And I can remember the thrill from back when I was a player.
Making something, not knowing if somebody would rob you blind, hiding your chests, making traps & hidden rooms.

Think about it.

Also, I got a couple of lots in the nether, most of them where once a spawn.
Look around on the map.

Gr

Hretsam
  • Hretsam
    Hretsam
    Hretsam

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2012, 03:46:54 PM »
Nether Spawn has been relocated. Still the same Nether, just easier access to more materials.
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2012, 04:12:41 PM »
Who did this? They got to it before me! :O
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2012, 04:53:59 PM »
Don't know just noticed it was moved. Must have been Hret.
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

GSTa2000

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2012, 01:56:20 AM »
Alright, I think my full opinion on this matter needs to be said. The Nether does act like a reszone. Players go there to acquire the blocks that spawn in that world, and take them to the overworld to build.

There are no lots there, so you shouldn't have to rely on the nether to create bases. Why not do that in reszone as well? Perhaps you should make your bases in freebuild? They can be griefed just like they can in the Nether.

The Nether is not any one person's, so don't call it your own. The nether is to be shared with everyone, which means that regenning it will make new resources available to users.

You know why we reset the reszone all the time? Because players are too "lazy" to wander out further than maybe 500 blocks looking for new materials. They want to be close by the spawn it seems. That's why they want to push for a Nether regeneration. Honestly, I have no problems with this. Those who made nether wart farms would have to bank their warts, and find a new spot when the regeneration is complete.

I absolutely will not tolerate holding off on doing something because a few members claim that they own part of the Nether. No one owns it.

Perhaps TinyWE should be allowed there with 10x its ability removed?

My opinion is to either regen the nether, or move the spawn.
move the spawn
  • GSta2000
    GSta2000
    GSta2000
Blap Blap

GSTa2000

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2012, 01:58:05 AM »
The reason why you cant use TinyWE or teleport in the nether is easy. (I think I said this before)

But we wanted to keep some of the 'real' nether alive. So it is supposed to be a scary dangerous place, where you have to watch your step.
Making TinyWE/Teleporting work in the nether would defeat that purpose.

Would it be any fun if you could just walk around there and don't have to worry about dying?

I've seen some creative things in the nether made by players. And I can remember the thrill from back when I was a player.
Making something, not knowing if somebody would rob you blind, hiding your chests, making traps & hidden rooms.

Think about it.

Also, I got a couple of lots in the nether, most of them where once a spawn.
Look around on the map.

Gr

Hretsam
Yes it would hretsam
  • GSta2000
    GSta2000
    GSta2000
Blap Blap

Skye

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2012, 07:57:33 AM »
Nether Spawn has been relocated. Still the same Nether, just easier access to more materials.
No, it wasn't moved... I used TinyWE Regen to fix all the holes. Don't make false assumptions.