Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Nether  (Read 11957 times)

Skye

Re: Nether
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2012, 06:06:13 AM »
The only reason you cannot use tinyWE is because there are only 5 block types. Like the reszone, you can collect resources. The longer the wait for a reset, the harder it becomes to collect netherbrick and glowstone.
I can collect Nether brick and Glowstone just fine. As much as I'd ever need. People need to explore more.

Sciamancer

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 12:24:48 AM »
Multiple people have built bases/homes in the nether, if it was reset every month or so, then people would loose alot of progress, and it would simply become a world for gathering resources..

The nether isn't the place your supposed to set up your home...if it was, a lot area would be made there, but there isn't soooo

There is a Nether Lot Area in Main World. Everything would be fine if they added a Wart Farm Feature in Main World
KEY WORD "IF." Once this is implemented, we can make the nether like freakin' reszone. Until then, no reset. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NONO NO NO NO NO NO NO NONO NO NO NO NO NO NO NONO NO NO NO NO NO NO NONO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.
  • Sciamancer
    Sciamancer
    Sciamancer

Sciamancer

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2012, 12:25:04 AM »
The only reason you cannot use tinyWE is because there are only 5 block types. Like the reszone, you can collect resources. The longer the wait for a reset, the harder it becomes to collect netherbrick and glowstone.
I can collect Nether brick and Glowstone just fine. As much as I'd ever need. People need to explore more.
^Also, that. People, the nether SPAWN has been moved before. That can happen again. Even then, just explore a little more. It's not like reszone where crazy goldies dig massive pits everywhere and eventually there are no trees for newbies from people harvesting.
  • Sciamancer
    Sciamancer
    Sciamancer

Guy_Mcduderson

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 10:13:48 PM »
Skye, you have to take into account that, unlike the reszone, players can't warp out of the nether.

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 11:42:23 PM »
Skye you are mod now. A new nether wouldn't really affect you at all. It's more about users and their troubles finding glowstone.
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

Skye

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2012, 02:37:37 AM »
Skye, you have to take into account that, unlike the reszone, players can't warp out of the nether.
Uh, it's called make a nether portal. l2 MineCraft before commenting

Skye you are mod now. A new nether wouldn't really affect you at all. It's more about users and their troubles finding glowstone.
The nether STILL belongs to me, and it shouldn't be reset. Can I spawn items? Negative. So me being a mod means nothing.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 02:42:01 AM by Skye »

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2012, 10:28:33 AM »
Alright, I think my full opinion on this matter needs to be said. The Nether does act like a reszone. Players go there to acquire the blocks that spawn in that world, and take them to the overworld to build.

There are no lots there, so you shouldn't have to rely on the nether to create bases. Why not do that in reszone as well? Perhaps you should make your bases in freebuild? They can be griefed just like they can in the Nether.

The Nether is not any one person's, so don't call it your own. The nether is to be shared with everyone, which means that regenning it will make new resources available to users.

You know why we reset the reszone all the time? Because players are too "lazy" to wander out further than maybe 500 blocks looking for new materials. They want to be close by the spawn it seems. That's why they want to push for a Nether regeneration. Honestly, I have no problems with this. Those who made nether wart farms would have to bank their warts, and find a new spot when the regeneration is complete.

I absolutely will not tolerate holding off on doing something because a few members claim that they own part of the Nether. No one owns it.

Perhaps TinyWE should be allowed there with 10x its ability removed?

My opinion is to either regen the nether, or move the spawn.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

chrisjones23

• Goldy VIP
  • User Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2012, 10:52:28 AM »

i would be all for this and treating the nether like reszone :P the current nether still has a lot to offer why not just move the spawn again :P like last time. if i want to go deeper in I TP to one of hrets lots in there got some good finds that way
  • chrisjones23
    chrisjones23
    chrisjones23

Skye

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2012, 12:49:40 PM »
Alright, I think my full opinion on this matter needs to be said. The Nether does act like a reszone. Players go there to acquire the blocks that spawn in that world, and take them to the overworld to build.

There are no lots there, so you shouldn't have to rely on the nether to create bases. Why not do that in reszone as well? Perhaps you should make your bases in freebuild? They can be griefed just like they can in the Nether.

The Nether is not any one person's, so don't call it your own. The nether is to be shared with everyone, which means that regenning it will make new resources available to users.

You know why we reset the reszone all the time? Because players are too "lazy" to wander out further than maybe 500 blocks looking for new materials. They want to be close by the spawn it seems. That's why they want to push for a Nether regeneration. Honestly, I have no problems with this. Those who made nether wart farms would have to bank their warts, and find a new spot when the regeneration is complete.

I absolutely will not tolerate holding off on doing something because a few members claim that they own part of the Nether. No one owns it.

My opinion is to either regen the nether, or move the spawn.
The nether is mine.

And way to go, cushion the server more. :) Hmm, why not make a base in reszone... HUR DUR probably because the nether doesn't look like the MAINWORLD?

I'm glad everyone on Innectis is willing to treat the nether seriously, and use logical thought. Wonderful.

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2012, 02:06:49 PM »
Skye it's more about users finding resources in Nether.
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

chrisjones23

• Goldy VIP
  • User Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2012, 04:50:56 AM »
Thats what nether lots are for Skye :p
  • chrisjones23
    chrisjones23
    chrisjones23

Skye

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2012, 04:08:40 PM »
Nether lots aren't anywhere close to the nether.

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2012, 04:23:07 PM »
There is only two differences. Mobs and wart farms. Mobs spawn everywhere so not a problem. And its doesn't take long to gather warts and place them after the reset.
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

chrisjones23

• Goldy VIP
  • User Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2012, 06:03:06 PM »
Nether lots aren't anywhere close to the nether.
Nether-lots are what you make them to be. obviously problems with nether mobs and wart farms but i think they're a good enough substitute if you want a nether themed area.
  • chrisjones23
    chrisjones23
    chrisjones23

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2012, 09:50:51 PM »
We would like to spawn nether equivalent mobs that try to spawn in the nether lot areas.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.