Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Expansion of Trade  (Read 4650 times)

Sciamancer

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
Expansion of Trade
« on: February 18, 2012, 11:12:22 AM »
First of all, we all want chest shops, I'm fairly certain. A chest with a sign over it that programs it to sell/buy items from other players. There are modifications that already do this, I've seen them before.

Second of all, I think there should be a forum for trading. It could include buying threads and shop threads.
  • Sciamancer
    Sciamancer
    Sciamancer

TheJudged

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Expansion of Trade
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 02:15:03 PM »
A Whole FORUMS or A Forum Thread that can have tinier ones?
  • TheJudged
    TheJudged
    TheJudged

Sciamancer

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 03:49:11 PM »
A whole forum. We've already gotten several threads in the general forum about trading, and I think a lot more would be made in a Trade Forum. Right now, shouting on the actual forum asking for a trade is the main way of trading. It's incredibly inefficient. With a trade forum, trades could be organized in advance and even take place while both parties are not online.

For example, one could agree upon a trade, make a chest, chestallow the other trader, and put in what they are trading. Based on trust, the other trader takes what is in the chest and deposits the agreed-upon payment. That's really no different than the current trade system; some inherent risk. Violators of this code will, of course, be looked down upon heavily by the community.
  • Sciamancer
    Sciamancer
    Sciamancer

ryanteck

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
    • Ryanteck
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 03:52:24 PM »
Chest shops are coming ASAP, Alpha pretty much has them coded but there having problems thinking on what they can use to make the currency. Just wait!
  • ryanteck
    ryanteck
    ryanteck
Wow, such infractions, much sadness, plz uban for shibes all over the glob, sad much :C

TheJudged

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 04:53:20 PM »
Exactly what Ryan said, Hese trying his best.
  • TheJudged
    TheJudged
    TheJudged

Sciamancer

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 04:58:26 PM »
Why not just make it so a chest can sell for an item or items set by the user? That way, one shop can sell for iron while another sells for diamonds.
  • Sciamancer
    Sciamancer
    Sciamancer

ryanteck

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
    • Ryanteck
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 06:46:19 PM »
Its already done. Just wait
  • ryanteck
    ryanteck
    ryanteck
Wow, such infractions, much sadness, plz uban for shibes all over the glob, sad much :C

StarScythe7

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 06:57:38 PM »
Why not just make it so a chest can sell for an item or items set by the user? That way, one shop can sell for iron while another sells for diamonds.

The problem with this is that the chest would need to hold both traded items in the chest, If somebody was Trading for example: 1 Dirt for 2 cobble, and the chest was full of dirt being sold, the chest wouldn't be able to hold all of the cobble gained from trades. With a virtual currency you don't have to worry about how much chest room there is for buying/selling.

Sure, you could just have the chest half full of dirt, But I think it would be better to be able to sell full chests without worrying about how much room is inside.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 07:00:04 PM by StarScythe7 »
  • StarScythe7
    StarScythe7
    StarScythe7

zer0k

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 09:16:23 PM »
I am excited to see the trading system. I just hope the currency doesn't get ruined.

Sciamancer

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 09:29:18 PM »
Unless they back it with something or make the currency a reward, it's going to be hilarious. With no idea of the value of a meaningless currency, people will have no idea what to sell for. One person will think one credit = one dirt, another will think one credit = one diamond. And unless staff does something to give it set value (not just saying "OH THIS IS WHAT IT'S WORTH"), neither will be wrong.
  • Sciamancer
    Sciamancer
    Sciamancer

TheJudged

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 10:43:10 PM »
o.0
  • TheJudged
    TheJudged
    TheJudged

zer0k

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2012, 12:03:16 AM »
Unless they back it with something or make the currency a reward, it's going to be hilarious. With no idea of the value of a meaningless currency, people will have no idea what to sell for. One person will think one credit = one dirt, another will think one credit = one diamond. And unless staff does something to give it set value (not just saying "OH THIS IS WHAT IT'S WORTH"), neither will be wrong.

That would be true for a while, but I think people would eventually figure out fair prices for things. They've said that there will be official server shops as well, so I'm guessing that would effectively set fair prices for anything sold in those shops.

I'm more concerned about them constantly changing the supply of money and devaluing the currency over time.

Sciamancer

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2012, 10:37:30 AM »
If there's a server shop, the money supply will gradually dwindle, so there will need to be some sort of supply for new currency. Inflation and deflation occur naturally and are unavoidable but can be controlled so we get small periods of inflation/deflation and not massive ones nor a constant inflation/deflation of any kind.

That being said, I think a server shop is an excellent idea because it will set the value of the currency. Without this, how does one determine a fair price? If there is no reason for the currency to be worth one diamond over one dirt, there is no reason for anyone to agree on its worth.
  • Sciamancer
    Sciamancer
    Sciamancer

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2012, 12:50:34 PM »
You could have a system where you can attain money by killing mobs in the reszone only. The reason for reszone only is so that no one can use a mob trap to rack up money. For example, Nosliw's xp farm would become a mint. That's not good. Since the reszone resets, you cant really make mobs traps that last.
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

zer0k

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 01:54:27 PM »
You could have a system where you can attain money by killing mobs in the reszone only. The reason for reszone only is so that no one can use a mob trap to rack up money. For example, Nosliw's xp farm would become a mint. That's not good. Since the reszone resets, you cant really make mobs traps that last.

This would only work if they frequently change the amount of money you get per kill, otherwise the admins aren't controlling in the influx of money into the economy but rather the players are.