Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Fangula  (Read 8626 times)

mercenaryfrost

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
Fangula
« on: January 31, 2012, 11:57:03 PM »
Banned for 2 days for provoking a various users and staff. He harassed a member for his/her sexuality and then went on to claim things such as staff having no power over him, and that people needed his permission to have power. I tried to stop him with several warnings before finally kicking and banning him.
  • mercenaryfrost
    mercenaryfrost
    mercenaryfrost
" If it's illegal to rock n' roll, throw me in jail " - Kurt Cobain

Fangula

Re: Fangula
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 01:01:40 AM »
Banned for 2 days for provoking a various users and staff. He harassed a member for his/her sexuality and then went on to claim things such as staff having no power over him, and that people needed his permission to have power. I tried to stop him with several warnings before finally kicking and banning him.

Nice way of completely twisting the events prior to the ban.

First of all, I was not provoking any users or staff. I did not harass Skye or his sexuality. In fact, Skye called the whole server "faggots", and also used several swear words and got away with no repercussions. If anyone was doing any sexual harassment, it would have been Skye. Not to mention that he used very derogatory terms, all of which are very offensive. I simply called him out on it, and asked you why you weren't going to do anything about it. I did not even swear once, and I got banned. Also, it is true that you have no power over me, unless I give you the power. The same goes with any "authority figure." It's all an illusion of power, and I'm sorry that you're upset that your power trip is an illusion. The only way you can have power over me is if I allow you to, by submitting to it.

This is an unfair and biased ban. If you're going to enforce rules, at least be consistent with every user. Not doing so completely turns these rules into jokes if one person gets to get away free while doing "worse" things, and then the person complaining about the person doing the bad things gets banned... such a joke. Also, being a moderator doesn't make you better than others. Nor does it make you God. Nor does it give you any true 'power', as power over others is merely an illusion. I don't understand how that point I made deserves a ban... probably because I bursted your idea of a power trip.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 01:06:38 AM by Fangula »

Skye

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 01:59:45 AM »
So ban me, too. I don't care lol.

Skye

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 02:01:43 AM »
Nor does it give you any true 'power', as power over others is merely an illusion.
And that's why you're banned. ;-]

gohkamikaze

• Goldy VIP
  • Vi veri universum vivus vici.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 02:43:11 AM »
I see you omitted the part where Mercenaryfrost followed up the 'faggot' incident with a warning, as per normal procedure. Or where you continued to provoke Skye into conflict by stating that you'd refuse to argue with a 'moron'. Also, I see the philisophical point you're trying to make with the 'illusion of power' idea, but there's this thing called 'tact' which, from the portions of this dispute I observed, you need to work on developing. Outright saying to a moderator or any 'so called' authoritarian figure that they 'have no power', despite your beliefs, is NOT a correct and acceptable way to conduct yourself on our server.

Anyway, that's my two cents worth. If anyone disagrees, we'll leave that in the hands of the Admins to check the chat logs.
  • gohKamikaze
    gohKamikaze
    gohKamikaze
Hi. My name's gohKamikaze. I Reddit and stuff.

Quote from: The Cloak
'Between you and me Yuric, I think those Ruskies need a good kick in the balls. Right in the testicles, the source of their commie power.'

Fangula

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 02:43:26 AM »
Nor does it give you any true 'power', as power over others is merely an illusion.
And that's why you're banned. ;-]

That's not the point. The point is, I can still choose. I still have free will, regardless if someone is trying to control me. So your point is moot, anyhow. People only try to control others because they feel powerless over themselves. The problem is, power over others does not exist. It's illusory.

Fangula

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 02:49:12 AM »
I see you omitted the part where Mercenaryfrost followed up the 'faggot' incident with a warning, as per normal procedure. Or where you continued to provoke Skye into conflict by stating that you'd refuse to argue with a 'moron'. Also, I see the philisophical point you're trying to make with the 'illusion of power' idea, but there's this thing called 'tact' which, from the portions of this dispute I observed, you need to work on developing. Outright saying to a moderator or any 'so called' authoritarian figure that they 'have no power', despite your beliefs, is NOT a correct and acceptable way to conduct yourself on our server.

Anyway, that's my two cents worth. If anyone disagrees, we'll leave that in the hands of the Admins to check the chat logs.

I do not recall saying that I refuse to argue with a moron. Also, tact is merely putting oneself into someone else's perceptual box. It is difficult to offend me, for instance, because 1. I realize that it's just the Internet, 2. They're just words, 3. I really don't care what people think of me. People are normally only offended when they're insecure. And it's true, they have no power over me, and I proved that. They can ban me, etc., but that doesn't change me or my beliefs. I still did what I want, and said what I wanted to. I don't need to use "tact." Not that I have anything against it, I just don't feel the need to always do so. It's really the offended person's fault for being offended. One can choose to be offended or not to be.

Also, Skye was even more offensive than I was. I don't see how I was the one sexually harassing anybody. I wasn't the one who said "faggots," but apparently I'm the one who was sexually harassing him.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 02:51:05 AM by Fangula »

gohkamikaze

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 03:27:16 AM »

I do not recall saying that I refuse to argue with a moron. Also, tact is merely putting oneself into someone else's perceptual box. It is difficult to offend me, for instance, because 1. I realize that it's just the Internet, 2. They're just words, 3. I really don't care what people think of me. People are normally only offended when they're insecure. And it's true, they have no power over me, and I proved that. They can ban me, etc., but that doesn't change me or my beliefs. I still did what I want, and said what I wanted to. I don't need to use "tact." Not that I have anything against it, I just don't feel the need to always do so. It's really the offended person's fault for being offended. One can choose to be offended or not to be.

Also, Skye was even more offensive than I was. I don't see how I was the one sexually harassing anybody. I wasn't the one who said "faggots," but apparently I'm the one who was sexually harassing him.

You may not, but I certainly DO remember the 'moron' quote. Of course, I had left the server before things escalated to what Mecenaryfrost has considered a bannable offence, but everything you've said was there (minus the denial of percieved 'provocation' and 'sexual harrassment'). So too, was everything that Mercenaryfrost has said. You claimed that Skye and yourself were 'flirting' like 'gay friends' when Luetz asked you to stop - that can easily be taken as sexual harrassment. Perhaps Skye has also breached the rules and deserves a ban, but just keep in mind that you're not exactly innocent either.

Anyway, as I said before, the chat logs are the place to look if there's any confusion as to who did what.
  • gohKamikaze
    gohKamikaze
    gohKamikaze

'Between you and me Yuric, I think those Ruskies need a good kick in the balls. Right in the testicles, the source of their commie power.'

Fangula

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 03:55:26 AM »

You may not, but I certainly DO remember the 'moron' quote. Of course, I had left the server before things escalated to what Mecenaryfrost has considered a bannable offence, but everything you've said was there (minus the denial of percieved 'provocation' and 'sexual harrassment'). So too, was everything that Mercenaryfrost has said. You claimed that Skye and yourself were 'flirting' like 'gay friends' when Luetz asked you to stop - that can easily be taken as sexual harrassment. Perhaps Skye has also breached the rules and deserves a ban, but just keep in mind that you're not exactly innocent either.

Anyway, as I said before, the chat logs are the place to look if there's any confusion as to who did what.

Haha, that was a joke. I did not see anybody have anything against me saying "this is how we flirt."
Also, I think joking about flirting is a bit different than saying "faggots." Okay, a lot different. I think that is much more offensive and is seen as sexual harassment much more than simply making a joke about how we flirt.

Also, I'd like to see a screenshot of the "moron" quote.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 03:57:05 AM by Fangula »

gohkamikaze

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 04:06:49 AM »

Haha, that was a joke. I did not see anybody have anything against me saying "this is how we flirt."
Also, I think joking about flirting is a bit different than saying "faggots." Okay, a lot different. I think that is much more offensive and is seen as sexual harassment much more than simply making a joke about how we flirt.

Also, I'd like to see a screenshot of the "moron" quote.

I'll accept that as valid - it's understandable. That said, I'm under the impression that you both were joking, and the situation blew up from those jokes being misinterpreted.

Once again, I'll repeat: the chat logs should probably be searched by an admin to discern what actually happened. Admittedly I have no screenshot - in retrospect, perhaps I should have taken one, but what's done is done.

On a lighter note, the amount of times we've quoted each other is ridiculous - I mean, just LOOK at that! :P
  • gohKamikaze
    gohKamikaze
    gohKamikaze

Nosliw

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • You can't hurt me, I'm a Jelly Fish..
    • View Profile
    • Uber Island
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 06:34:23 AM »
Wanting to address an issue here..

Access to the Innectis server is not a right, its a privilege, and as such, it may be withdrawn at any time, by logging into the server, you therefore agree to our rules and terms. If you wish to continue using this server, I would recommend that you abide by these rules. Staff on this server have been given the power to enforce those rules, and as such, should not be argued with. If you have a problem with an individual member of staff, please contact Hretsam personally, and do not post it on the forums.

Thank you for your time,
Nosliw
Rainbow Moderator
  • Nosliw
    Nosliw
    Nosliw
I'm here to help.. With the following exception:

@EventHandler(priority = EventPriority.LOW)
public void onPlayerJoin(PlayerJoinEvent event) {
    Player player = event.getPlayer();
    if (player.getName().equals("SGT_ADZ") {
        player.kickPlayer("Yeah... Nah!");
        return;
    }
}

Lynxy

• IDP Developer
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 09:18:54 AM »
What Nosliw said. Use your free speech all you want, if your harassing people you wont be around long. This is the job of our moderators, and we stand behind their decisions.
  • The_Lynxy
    The_Lynxy
    The_Lynxy

Sciamancer

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 04:57:13 PM »
Moderators have power over you in that they can ban you. Like they just did. :P
  • Sciamancer
    Sciamancer
    Sciamancer

Fangula

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 06:46:33 PM »
What Nosliw said. Use your free speech all you want, if your harassing people you wont be around long. This is the job of our moderators, and we stand behind their decisions.

I was not harassing anyone. Learn how to read. Also, seeing as you were not there, you don't have all the information. You're taking the moderator's word for it. So really, what you're saying is that no matter how ignorant you are of the situation, you will stand behind the moderators' decisions. What a joke, rofl.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 06:48:14 PM by Fangula »

guineaman56

• Retired Staff
  • END ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 07:14:08 PM »
I'm no expert on server rules, but I'd suggest zipping it, Fangula. The more you insult the staff, the less you're gonna be around. And really, you just go around, attempting to be an "insightful" troll, which never works out well. What with you getting muted, kicked, etc.
  • guineaman56
    guineaman56
    guineaman56