Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: The end of the AlphaBlend era  (Read 4905 times)

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
The end of the AlphaBlend era
« on: February 03, 2017, 01:02:18 AM »
Pardon the play on Hret's resignation post, but I think my role as owner of Innectis has come to an end. I don't really have much to say about it, but I really lost a lot of passion over the years, and kept making excuses against that. I wanted to make this community into something great, eventually into a studio, but it really sucks when people just aren't motivated enough to do anything. I haven't been very happy coming into this year, and I need to release everything and find something new.

I don't know what that would be, but it has to be something new, whether it's in the Minecraft sphere, or something else, but I need to move on with my life somehow. I've made a lot of mistakes in this community, and I'm glad to have learned from at least some of them, that can then be applied somewhere else. Who knows what my next big venture is, but it has to be something good.

I have lost friends over this community, and that's not cool. To those who I wronged, I am sorry, I am only human. I have some personality flaws that showed through in this community and that shouldn't happen. The good thing, however, is that I can learn from those mistakes. If those of you I wronged would like to have a conversation with me then please find me and we'll chat it up and I can hopefully explain myself.

So you guys are probably thinking right about now, what happens now? Well, I'm not sure. I don't want this community to fade into history, and would like that others are there to replace me. I don't know though, we'll see. There is at least a month's time left for the payment cycle to end, so I'm sure I'll think of something then.

As for the IDP I think I may put it on github for anyone to fork and possibly continue development on.

Sorry, don't really want to say much more, so I'll leave it at that.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

Caaaaarrrrlll

• Goldy VIP
  • Computer & Internet Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Carl Bennett
Re: The end of the AlphaBlend era
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 01:24:21 AM »
Can't wait to see the GitHub link to IDP.
  • Caaaaarrrrlll
    Caaaaarrrrlll
    Caaaaarrrrlll

Lynxy

• IDP Developer
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 12:58:40 PM »
Innectis certainly had a good run with many good years of memories. I know it is cliche, but all things come to an end.

It may be disheartening, but remember that it isn't all over. Friends were made and they can come along to the next great thing of yours! I wouldn't be surprised to see some self-hosted IDP-based servers popping up with the release of the source on Github. Perhaps we can distribute old world dumps along with it.

Thank you for all you've done Alpha. Wouldn't have made it this far without your hard work and dedication.
  • The_Lynxy
    The_Lynxy
    The_Lynxy

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 04:16:55 PM »
Thanks Joel, this is kind of bittersweet. As much as I wanted to see you step down, I very much wanted you to prove me wrong, and right this sinking ship. I hope there is somebody out there who can make this something new and fresh. Thanks for all the hours you put in, I've never known someone to put so much time into something for no financial gain, so for that, I commend you.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

CanadianR

• Server Moderator
  • Beaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 07:38:03 PM »
Very tough reading this. Innectis has been the server I have spent the most time on, period. I met a lot of people on this server, had some ups and downs, and it was more than just a game to me. I legit grew to like a lot of people here. Even if this server is gone, the memories will remain.

To anyone I have had some unresolved problems with, I'm sorry. For anyone who wants to keep contact with me, my skype is canadianguy01 if you still use it. My twitter is @TheCanadianR and if you guys keep Innectis around as a "gaming community" and keep the discord, maybe I'll join it.

Joel, as much as people have given you crap, you are not a failure. You did you dam best as owner and I'm grateful for that. I guess it is just, like anything you love, it just doesn't give the same level of joy as it once did. I was lucky to be on here as a moderator and a community member. From me joining the server as that guy in the hockey skin, to the beaver, to...uhhh....girl skins (#blameMerc)I have grown on here along with countless others. Over 100 days worth on the server, countless blocks, lots, smiles and more.

Thank you, Joel, and if I don't talk to you guys after this...it's been amazing. Thank you.

• CanadianR
    CanadianR
    CanadianR

Only Beaver in Innectis History

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 07:39:37 PM »
Maybe some of us can re-unite under a new banner. I do want to take the helm, same as this, as that has been one of my aspirations. Along with making content, leading it and watching it grow. I will take with me the knowledge I learned here, as well as the mistakes I learned from, with the aspiration of modernizing the community, should it be in Minecraft itself, or some other venture.

I really don't know what the future holds, but time will tell. Also, I want to do things right with a co-owner, something I had in Code Speak, but not since then. Do things right, or the past will just creep up again.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

Walker Does

• Goldy VIP
  • Heya! Uhm.. How ya' Doing? XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 08:05:24 AM »
Hey.. I don't know if you remember me, "Walker229" but.. I was an older member who quit Mc. But thanks for your service for innectis. Cya Joel, its been fun.
  • Walker229
    Walker229
    Walker229

mercilessdegree

• Star
  • Welcome to the world of bloody evolution.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 09:18:48 AM »
From me joining the server as that guy in the hockey skin, to the beaver, to...uhhh....girl skins (#blameMerc)
Damn right, you are welcome my friend.

But on a serious note, whilst "I told you so" may be appropriate here, this is no laughing matter. You put your heart and soul into this place and for that I think everyone has to give you some merit. We as friends had our ups and downs just like the server, and although it pains me to see both it and you go, it's good to see that something more will rise from the ashes. I will definitely be peeking at that GitHub and the world download when they're up you can be sure of that, who knows maybe at times we can all work out a kind of "reunion" where a server is hosted for everyone to say hi to their old friends and see what comes of it; either way I am glad you decided to move forward, and I wish you the best in your future endeavours (all of you).

But hey, let's not be sad bud; at least we finally figured out that durability bug before this happened amirite? One for old times /)
  • mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree