Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Innectians, what do you choose...  (Read 2911 times)

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
Innectians, what do you choose...
« on: February 02, 2017, 11:39:52 AM »
This has been sent out in a newsletter, but for the sake of feedback I have chosen to include it here as well.

It's been awhile since I had a bulletin, and I think this needs to be said more than anything. Innectis is around 5 years and 8 months old at this point, and has lost most of its playerbase to other games, or other Minecraft servers.

We have not kept up with the current climate for a long time, and that needs to change. Either with fresh new staff, or with an entirely different community. It's tiring to see the topic of Innectis barely come up at all. That's alarming, especially when you oversee the community. I really hate to see the community go the way it is.

I was not happy coming into 2017, with the current situation and lack of enthusiasm from others. It's been a month and a half since the rest of the staff have done anything. We're all burned out in some way or another. In the last few weeks I have been feeling so conflicted, even losing motivation, but recently have gotten some energy to work on the community. Either way, this year did not start well for me.

Is this the year we will fade into history, or is it the year that people step up to make this community something great? It's hard to find motivation to do much now. We were a lot more active years ago, but it would be nice to find motivation again.

We need a conversation, a good conversation. We need to take a stand and do something, because if we don't, this community will just fade into the annals of history. I already tried a conversation before, but that didn't go over very well. I'm willing to give it another shot, this time trying to get a good direction for the future and possibly some fresh blood to help out with getting us there.

I have created a channel in discord called #next-step to talk about where we are, and what we can do moving forward. Let's step it up, or walk away trying. I'll have the conversation there, and I'd like to include as many people as I can. I don't know if this will work, but there's no harm in trying. There's no set schedule for the conversation, just show up and add to the conversation what you can. This is something I've wanted to have since the situation in August. This has affected me more than anyone else, but it also impacts everything else. This isn't just my community, but its all of ours.

If you are not already on discord, use this link: http://discord.innectis.net (just click it, do not type this into your discord program), and you will get sent into our discord. See you there!
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.