Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Improving TinyWE  (Read 2884 times)

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
Improving TinyWE
« on: August 15, 2016, 11:23:48 AM »
This is something that is probably going to excite most of the Super VIP+ players out there. This is something that is now possible as we have started to use FastAsyncWorldEdit. Because this plugin is so good on performance and is now able to help us immensely with moving large builds from place to place it obviously is a proven fit for our server.

Like some plugins that users create, they will also create what is known as an API (Application Programming Interface). This is what allows us as developers to tap into some of their resources to allow us to do enhanced things. This is already done for some IDP functions. The map page (http://maps.innectis.net) with all the coloring and highlighted lots is thanks to Dynmap's API that allows us to interface with it and send it various pieces of information from the lot system.

FastAsyncWorldEdit also has an API that we can tap into. This would also allow us to vastly improve commands that make use of WorldEdit. As I haven't gotten into this myself I don't know exactly how it's going to work, but I'm pretty sure I could vastly improve TinyWE this way, increasing the total block changes/selection by a large portion.

Problem is, however, on new Minecraft updates. I'm not entirely sure on FastAsyncWorldEdit's update time. In this case, I should put in a way to downgrade to the old restriction limit if there is no update. That way the new limits don't hurt the server because a newer version of FastAsyncWorldEdit is unavailable.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: Improving TinyWE
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 04:38:16 PM »
This doesn't say how you're improving it...? This just says what ASync WE is and what it does.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

mercilessdegree

• Star
  • Welcome to the world of bloody evolution.
    • View Profile
Re: Improving TinyWE
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 05:48:04 PM »
This doesn't say how you're improving it...? This just says what ASync WE is and what it does.
If only it said that /twshift was actually useful and moved the blocks not just the selection lol
  • mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree