Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Looking for a moderator + developer (separate positions)  (Read 5015 times)

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
Looking for a moderator + developer (separate positions)
« on: August 09, 2016, 04:20:19 PM »
Since I've been the only developer for the majority of the time since I've been owner, work hasn't been as fast as it should be. That's why I'd like to look for another developer. You can write down your qualifications in this post if you think you have what hit takes to be an IDP developer.

Also, we're looking for another staff member to fill our ranks. This isn't going to be a general election like it typically is. All you need to do is state your time zone, how often you will be available, and some background you might have with moderation.

Edit: For the development position, I prefer that you are an experienced Java programmer and know how to use git. You also have to take the position seriously and can work on a team with others without causing very many issues.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 03:36:21 PM by AlphaBlend »
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a moderator + developer (separate positions)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 03:00:05 PM »
Time Zone: Easter Standard Time
I can get on the server 4-5 times a week during week days. Almost anytime during the weekend
My Experience. I was on Innectis I was Moderator for 2 months, Rainbow Moderator for 1 year, Admin on and off for 2 years
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 05:15:28 PM by Eggnaug »
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

wiz99

• New User :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 03:01:54 PM »
Hola, my time zone is mountain time, I will be available most of the week and weekends (if I'm not at work, or doing homework). As for leadership qualifications I do not have much experience, although I am a long time member of the community and would hate to see the server shutdown.
  • Seanman10
    Seanman10
    Seanman10

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 10:06:04 PM »
My timezone is EST, and I'm not available at any time. Therefore, I feel I am more than qualified to be a moderator. =]
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

SteveJobs_

• View Profile
Interesting in becoming a future Staff Member!!
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 12:38:57 AM »
Hi, some of you might know me and some of you might think im a complete stranger. This will all hopefully change over time. To introduce myself, my name is Rafael but you can either call me Steve or Rafi. I have no preference over that. I've seen Innectis various times over the years but, I've never actually stayed consistently with the server (playing on it for a long time) since recently I've becomed appealed into helping the server since, I have a great admiration for someone I consider as my friend "Alpha". I'm deeply interested in the role of "Community Manager" which falls under management. Since, management is so delicate and requires someone with the right skills and the right mindset I think I'm the right guy for the job. Specifically, out of all the roles why do I want this one? I mostly want the role of "Community Manager" to be specific because, I want to help people in any way I can. By assuming this role I would carry a great deal of responsibility of which I would honor and not abuse it in any way. Since, Alpha aka the owner has a lot of responsibilities and works for countless hours for me let's say hypothetically assume this prestigious role. I would be helping him in the sense of which he could focus on more important things other than things that can be solved easily by a specific branch of staff of which the category falls under "Management". Being a community manager is also a fun job since you interact more with players and you make sure they're having fun and not having disputes with other players and staff aren't slacking around. Other ranks (staff) have some of these responsibilities but, they mainly focus on one area. Being a community manager widens the pool and isn't limited to one task but, various tasks. I'm not afraid of a good challenge and im ready to assume the role. Since, most of you don't know me at all.. Or the level of experience I possess. I'll leave it to you to get to know me and decide whether or not you believe truly if I am or not right for the job. As your opinion is always respected. I will also be working with the Owner in reporting to him everything I've observed for the day and what we should focus on working on. Thanks for hearing me out. Have a good night/day. ;D
  • SteveJobs_
    SteveJobs_
    SteveJobs_

SteveJobs_

• View Profile
Extra important info!!
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 12:40:13 AM »
I forgot to include..

Time Zone: Eastern! ;D

Experience-listed above.

• SteveJobs_
    SteveJobs_
    SteveJobs_

mercilessdegree

• Star
  • Welcome to the world of bloody evolution.
    • View Profile
Re: Extra important info!!
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 02:36:47 PM »
I forgot to include..

Time Zone: Eastern! ;D

Experience-listed above.
Just want to point out to you that you can edit your posts for future reference :P At the top of your post next to quote there's a modify button.

Also is anyone besides Alpha here actually qualified to develop Java?  ;D
  • mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 06:17:32 PM »
Yes, I can think of ryanteck off the top of my head! Also there is Nosliw. He and I have actually been talking back and forth about him coming back, but nothing so far.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend

RickTheRuler

• VIP
  • Wake up John.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 01:41:56 AM »
I know Java too but not enough to confidently or soberly put an application here.
  • RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler

Rawrling

• Goldy VIP
  • The Rawrling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2016, 08:50:22 PM »
My timezone changes a lot because of my work. Soon it will be eastern then in about a month and a half I will be in Alaska (whatever time zone that is) currently I'm in Mountain time. I have experience moderating Clan Code as well as CodeSpeak from b.net. To be fair I didn't do much as aa moderator there. I have also been an administrator/Co-owner of a darkrp server on Gmod for about a year and a half and addressed issues that arose due to player conflict to issues with the server. In addition I have hosted modded minecraft servers many times and resolved issues that arose from that. If I may I would like to apply to assist with the forums more then the server. My locations usually do not allow me to play any game online so I will help on the server as my location allows. ^.^ hope I can maybe help
  • shhdn
    shhdn
    shhdn

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2016, 03:37:10 PM »
Updated main post with some extra information when it comes to the developer position. I'm going to take things more seriously so I need to be very clear when it comes to having another developer on the team.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend

Coreguy0000

• Super VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2016, 10:27:43 PM »
I've been on Innectis for a few years, playing off and on. I only have  21 days worth of playtime. While most have shut down,I've been moderator/Admin on a variety of servers, from Garry's Mod to Minecraft.  I've invited several friends of mine to the server, PJGoober, Mind_Squid, and zenith0000. Eastern Time Zone. I plan to be much more active.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 10:32:26 PM by Coreguy0000 »
  • Coreguy0000
    Coreguy0000
    Coreguy0000
pixels are the best