Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: We have updated to Minecraft 1.9  (Read 2211 times)

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
We have updated to Minecraft 1.9
« on: March 28, 2016, 02:46:42 AM »
And now for the news you all have probably been waiting for. We have finally updated! It's been about a month, but that isn't entirely our fault! the spigot team was updating CraftBukkit, getting it more and more stable, and I did what I normally do during an update. I like to wait until they've reached a point where I feel that the server is nice and stable, ready to update to.

Unlike the last Minecraft update, I got started on this update the same day that spigot released a CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.9 and then tracked progress after that. This update was a bit more of a hassle than previous updates, because of the inventory handling that had to be updated. This is the first update to Innectis that I know of where the inventory was updated to include more slots. As a result, despite the testing that is involved when updating IDP, there may be issues on 1.9 that need to be fixed.

As far as where we stand in terms of the reset, the server is now open to players again! We are no longer in a maintenance phase, although we will still be working on content. Bear with us if we are lacking content that you think needs to be on the server.

As far as the most important changes involving the reset are concerned, we have made the following changes:

• All survival elements have been reset
  • TinyWE has been removed from the resource zone
  • The End no longer relies on an end pot and the only way to get to this world is through the end portal in a stronghold found only in the reszone
  • Warping to the nether is now replaced by going through a portal on your own lot or a lot you have access to
  • You cannot set a waypoint destination in the reszone, nether, or end worlds

As you can see, these changes mean more effort to get to some places, but in the end I think it will get us closer to the point of no longer being an easy server, as some players have said. This has been a goal of ours for awhile. Going forward, I hope that we will get even closer.

That's enough news for now, happy mining everyone!
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.