Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: And Now It Begins... Again  (Read 4186 times)

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
And Now It Begins... Again
« on: March 22, 2016, 12:59:24 AM »
It has been almost 5 years now that we've been around and lots have happened. However, not all of it necessarily went our way and things kind of suffered as a result. We haven't exactly been giving everyone the gameplay we intended so we've come together as a team to try to figure out what the best solution is right now before moving forward with other ideas.

One thing we covered was the effect of TinyWE. This created a big gap between those who couldn't use it, and those who could. It made things pretty easy for those who could use it, especially since they could use it almost unhindered in the resource zone. It seems that over the years this tool has had restrictions placed and removed. Well, the biggest problem with it we came across was that it could be used in the resource zone, and this affected other things than just TinyWE. So our plan for now is to disallow its use in the resource zone.

Another thing, and this is important, is that everyone seems to have already acquired what they wanted, so they don't feel as much of a reason to come on and play anymore. Why play when you have done everything, and it was too easy as a result? We have creative world, but survival was pretty easy, especially with TinyWE. This is why we've decided to have a reset of everything survival-related. Don't worry, you're not out of luck yet.

We don't want to leave you all with nothing, which is why we are allowing supers and up to preserve one of their survival lots and bring it with them to the creative world. They must choose though: if they already have a lot in creative, keep either that one or one of their survival lots. This way, they can preserve an aspect of survival and convert it to a creative experience.

This is all being done because we've had enough. People who don't play much anymore have what they already wanted, and there isn't much more for them. Time to bring them back for a fresh start, albeit a bit differently. This wasn't an easy decision, but in the end we pretty much decided that it was the best course of action.

At this time, the server is going to be in maintenance mode while we work on properly setting up lot areas, both in the main world and even creative world. The server will be back on 1.8.8 as we do not yet have everything required for Minecraft 1.9 but we are close.

One last thing: if you had any special items that were awarded during events, you will be given replacements.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here. We will also post back here when we have more information to share.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: And Now It Begins... Again
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 01:37:13 AM »
As bad an idea this seems, it's what we have to do to address our "ghost town" issue. I'm excited to get this maintenance period over with and start enjoying Minecraft again.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

Lynxy

• IDP Developer
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 07:52:34 AM »
Let the rebirthing commence!

It does sound like a lot of bad news, but I think it's awesome that we still have maintainers who care so much about preserving the gameplay for all, as well as trying to maintain an active community, even after all these years.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 07:54:07 AM by Lynxy »
  • The_Lynxy
    The_Lynxy
    The_Lynxy

OrangeBlueZ

• On Innectis since before it was cool
  • Retired Staff
  • That blue lizard guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 09:48:53 AM »
A fresh start in survival sounds pretty good. I'm going to miss a couple of my old lots, but yeah, we've been stagnant for sometime.  The 1.9 vanilla world gave me quite the enjoyable time building a new place from scratch.  I think once the mourning period for the old lots pass it will be a breath of fresh air for everyone who comes along.
  • OrangeBlueZ
    OrangeBlueZ
    OrangeBlueZ
Wait, are you terrified, or excited?  I need to decide whether or not I'm kidding.

Coreguy0000

• Super VIP
  • New User :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 04:09:12 PM »

We don't want to leave you all with nothing, which is why we are allowing supers and up to preserve one of their survival lots and bring it with them to the creative world. They must choose though: if they already have a lot in creative, keep either that one or one of their survival lots. This way, they can preserve an aspect of survival and convert it to a creative experience.

So you won't leave with nothing, except you will because we'll have to restart in survival. I've been playing on this server for years, I've donated aswell, now I'm outraged that everything I've worked for will be destroyed.
  • Coreguy0000
    Coreguy0000
    Coreguy0000
pixels are the best

CanadianR

• Server Moderator
  • Beaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 04:28:38 PM »
So mixed opinions, but I can see why the restart is needed.I'll stay on for sure and try to get started again. I may be a bit busy now with University, work this summer, and this "e-fed" I am part of, but I am always willing to fit in some time for Innectis :)

Only thing is, I have no idea what lot to bring over onto a creative lot...When you have 6 lots, all of which have some significance to you, and you worked on the lots with people who became your friends at one point or another it causes some problems. CURSE YOU FOR FORCING ME TO GO THROUGH THIS CRISIS! YOU WILL BE HEARING FROM MY LAWYER...Or me if I get my Political Science degree and go into law school.

RIP: Mikey the Mudkip, Forever in my heart... and Omega Ruby game save as a Swampert

P.S: Corey, try to give the new restart a chance. Give it a bit, if you and your friends aren't enjoying yourselves, then step away. Trust me, I know this will be hard on you, and frankly all of us who made lots that we were proud of or cherished. But consider this not saying goodbye, but as the title of the thread says, a new beginning. Because...

IT'S A NEW DAY!
  • CanadianR
    CanadianR
    CanadianR

Only Beaver in Innectis History

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 06:42:36 AM »

So you won't leave with nothing, except you will because we'll have to restart in survival. I've been playing on this server for years, I've donated aswell, now I'm outraged that everything I've worked for will be destroyed.

Once everything has been sorted out, I will upload the maps to our files (http://files.innectis.net) section on the web server so you all can download them to even play in singleplayer. It's not like they're just going to disappear forever.

As stated before this is not a very easy decision to make. In fact I was against it at first, but it took some time to understand why it is so necessary. This is not only a fresh start for everyone, but it also means we can do stuff right from the start, things that we wanted to do before but were shelved... before you all can enjoy Innectis again, we can get the work done that we wanted to.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 12:27:53 PM »
We've been talking things over, and instead of cap the rank at bringing 1 lot over to Super+, we're going to allow any player rank to keep at least 1 lot. These lots will not count toward your max lots so if a user wants to keep their lot, it will not interfere with them obtaining another lot
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend

CanadianR

• Server Moderator
  • Beaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 08:16:13 PM »
We've been talking things over, and instead of cap the rank at bringing 1 lot over to Super+, we're going to allow any player rank to keep at least 1 lot. These lots will not count toward your max lots so if a user wants to keep their lot, it will not interfere with them obtaining another lot

Still in creative?
  • CanadianR
    CanadianR
    CanadianR

Only Beaver in Innectis History

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 08:47:55 PM »

Still in creative?

Yep. It's either that or we wipe everything.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1