Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Updated to Minecraft 1.8.3!  (Read 2640 times)

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
Updated to Minecraft 1.8.3!
« on: April 24, 2015, 02:56:29 PM »
I am pleased to announce that we have finally updated to Minecraft 1.8! It has been awhile but we have finally done it! Minecraft 1.8 was first pushed live in September, and it has been many months since that time. Quite a few things got in the way of our ability to update to new Minecraft versions.

First of all, bukkit died, so we had nowhere to go after that point. Then there was the subsequent termination of all other projects directly affected by Bukkit. After that point, things looked dire. It was possibly the worst series of events I have ever witnessed in Minecraft history, not having an immediate version on-hand, ready to go to. A similar situation happened right around when I bought Minecraft. It was when the hMod server implementation died out and there was nothing immediate for people to update to, and that is when Bukkit was started.

Almost 3 months after Minecraft 1.8 came out, Spigot came out with a working implementation of Bukkit/CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.8. I had already known of this, but speculated early on that their tools simply wouldn't work with our environment, because they did things a bit differently. Unfortunately for me, that wasn't the case, and that I could indeed work with their tools to get our custom server implementation working with theirs. That is why I started on the process to update IDP around April 8th.

Now since this is the first update that involves Minecraft 1.8 there will most certainly be bugs. I've already discovered a couple by accident when observing Innectis on Minecraft 1.8. Waypoints are broken, and inventories won't open. Don't panic, they will be worked on! As well, some of the goodies we get in Minecraft 1.8 aren't here either. They will all be taken care of in another update. Until then, rest assured that are are updated now!

Another thing I should note is that it appears the [] characters were removed from signs. I think this was due to a conversion from 1.7.10 blocks to 1.8 blocks. You will have to fix this in order to make signs work. Don't forget you can easily do this with the /editsign command!

That is all for now Innectians, and I hope that you enjoy this update as much as I do!

Happy Mining!
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

RoyallyGrim

• Goldy VIP
  • Love to have fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Updated to Minecraft 1.8.3!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 09:46:14 PM »
Woot~ Also, fixed my laptop XD Turns out, I didn't have a few updates installed.. but I didn't get any notification from them either lol so.. yeah xD
  • RoyalSyn
    RoyalSyn
    RoyalSyn