Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: TinyWE in Reszone  (Read 3929 times)

Moranine

• Diamond
  • New User :)
    • View Profile
TinyWE in Reszone
« on: October 31, 2014, 04:12:40 PM »
As we all know a while ago Joel along with several of the staff decided it best for the server economy to remove TinyWE from Resource zone, bringing stability back to the lands!

However with my big inventive brain I thought of a good suggestion to bring TinyWE back to Resource Zone under some much different circumstances, simply because harvesting massive amounts of dirt and cobble doesnt hurt the economy at all (or very little, who buys cobblestone anyway?) and because these items are all above sea level (64) they are easy to get, but time consuming when you need a ton of 1 type (i.e. wood, and/or dirt)

The circumstance for the return of TinyWE would be that it be disabled below a set coordinate of Y (height level.) I suggested this to Joel a few weeks ago and the Staff have all given their thoughts on it. However under the guidance of Joel I was told to make a suggestion thread for this change as it reflects the future use of Reszone and its interests.

Implimenting this change would allow the use of harvesting common blocks and keeping Iron, Coal, Diamond, etc at the same value. Bringing the worth of Cobblestone (already worth nothing) Wood, Dirt, Sand, Gravel, etc down (except they are already worth nothing.)

Further suggestions are welcome and always, I must let everyone know that I do indeed still like pie.

Thank you.
  • Moranine_
    Moranine_
    Moranine_

l_iamW

• Goldy VIP
  • Ancient Member
  • IT'S TIME TO DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DUEL
    • View Profile
Re: TinyWE in Reszone
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 05:21:58 AM »
So world edit BUT we can only collect gravel, sand, dirt, cobble etc. I like that idea.

(or very little, who buys cobblestone anyway?)

I actually do buy cobble because I like to use smooth stone and stone bricks and it is cheaper (and easier) than buying smooth stone and bricks.
  • l_iamW
    l_iamW
    l_iamW

Booking50

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 05:25:13 PM »
So world edit BUT we can only collect gravel, sand, dirt, cobble etc. I like that idea.

(or very little, who buys cobblestone anyway?)

I actually do buy cobble because I like to use smooth stone and stone bricks and it is cheaper (and easier) than buying smooth stone and bricks.

If you want you can tinywe all the cobble on my 2nd lot ;)
  • Booking50
    Booking50
    Booking50

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 09:59:13 PM »
Should all ores be allowed then? Down to a certain point in the world? Of course it would all stop after a certain distance.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

Moranine

• Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 09:28:25 AM »
Should all ores be allowed then? Down to a certain point in the world? Of course it would all stop after a certain distance.
That one is up to you as coal and iron are valuable in massive quantites. You could make it like it is now and require a pickaxe to mine them, making them less desireable.
  • Moranine_
    Moranine_
    Moranine_

l_iamW

• Goldy VIP
  • Ancient Member
  • IT'S TIME TO DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DUEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 10:51:44 AM »
That one is up to you as coal and iron are valuable in massive quantites. You could make it like it is now and require a pickaxe to mine them, making them less desireable.

I say we should be able to use TinyWE for basic items only such as sand, gravel, dirt, stone but not any ores (not even iron or coal)

and I am pretty sure most of your 2nd lot is dirt. It's not called Shiny Dirt HQ for nothing ;)
  • l_iamW
    l_iamW
    l_iamW

Moranine

• Diamond
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 01:01:27 PM »

I say we should be able to use TinyWE for basic items only such as sand, gravel, dirt, stone but not any ores (not even iron or coal)

and I am pretty sure most of your 2nd lot is dirt. It's not called Shiny Dirt HQ for nothing ;)
In order to make that possible, stone, dirt, cobble etc are all found above and below y=55. Making it so you cant get the items in your inventory when you tinywe would make them less desirable to goldys because we have to waste our time and diamond pickaxe's to mine them.

Diamond will be strictly forbidden, but diamonds is only found below y=15 so you dont have to worry about that. Gold is rather invaluable as its only uses is in the crafting of minecart booster tracks and a few other items. Iron is good for all sorts of things which in my opinion makes it better then gold, so making us mine it using our pickaxe will make it a little less desirable to mine. Coal is coal, could care less about it, since charcoal is easier to make and has the same energy properities as coal.
  • Moranine_
    Moranine_
    Moranine_