Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Ban Appeal  (Read 8599 times)

CertainlyNotNosliw

• New User :)
    • View Profile
Ban Appeal
« on: August 11, 2014, 05:14:33 AM »
Meh, since I didn't get the chance when I was first banned because my forum account was already locked up the instant this thread was made, I would like to make an appeal now. (Reference to ban)

I completely deny allegations of stealing IDP source code, I have only  referenced the project with regards to code that I have produced myself, nor do I feel this to be valid anyway since I put a lot of time and effort into IDP, if I really wanted to 'steal' the source, I would have made it publicly available at the time I resigned. I also deny stealing members, I have not advertised the server on Innectis at all, although some other players may have, however I have not encouraged this act at all.

P.S. Oh, and I am making this appeal on behalf of Nosliw, because, as my username suggests, I am not Nosliw ;)
  • SnufflesDragon
    SnufflesDragon
    SnufflesDragon
I'm certainly not Nosliw (as my username suggests), and I am certainly to have fun! :D

P.S. You can't hurt Jellyfish!

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
Re: Ban Appeal
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 12:22:24 PM »
Despite what other members of staff have said, I do not believe you stole IDP code. You wouldn't want to anyway as a lot of it could still use some refactoring, and you'd have to modify what's there to fit into your codebase anyways. You're honest enough of a person I don't believe stealing code would be something you'd do. You do have the old source, and I'd appreciate if you kept it to yourself.

That said, there is the other thing about advertising publically your server on Innectis grounds. All I know is you spread it to people on your skype list. I hardly find that advertising at all. I'd need undeniable proof that you did advertise on Innectis grounds.

Those two things already accounted for in my post, I honestly don't see a reason you should have been banned indefinitely in the first place. Something of a ban maybe, but not indefinite. I feel as if our process was a bit skewed to begin with.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

StarScythe7

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 01:41:54 PM »
I'm going to go ahead and agree with Alpha here, First of all, I really don't see Nosliw as the type of person to "steal" anything. And I also agree that advertising on Skype shouldn't make anyone subject to a ban since Skype really has nothing to do with Innectis. That's like us banning some random person that advertises their server on MinecraftForum or something, which shouldn't be happening.

I'm going to officially say here that I have no problem with Nosliw being unbanned.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 01:44:48 PM by StarScythe7 »
  • StarScythe7
    StarScythe7
    StarScythe7

CanadianR

• Server Moderator
  • Beaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 02:15:04 PM »
Well even though I am not staff anymore, since I was on staff when the ban did take place I will give my two cents about this. I have to agree with you two. Really his ban was not justified. Just the whole situation involved some people pushing for it due to their own personal feelings. I tried to remain somewhat neutral in the whole situation because I was the "new guy" I also did not experience some of it, and trust me I was in no shape physically to argue about anything. Just be a good bot and I will be happy to have you back ;).
  • CanadianR
    CanadianR
    CanadianR

Only Beaver in Innectis History

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 07:43:20 PM »
You all know my views on this. I'll just leave it at that.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

Nicolethenikki

• Goldy VIP
  • punk-weeaboo-alien
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 08:01:27 PM »
You all know my views on this. I'll just leave it at that.
Yeah...
Welcome back, though.
  • Nicolethenikki
    Nicolethenikki
    Nicolethenikki
rad vibes :))

mercilessdegree

• Star
  • Welcome to the world of bloody evolution.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 08:42:41 PM »
Might I ask just WHY Nosliw having parts of old IDP source code is such a terrible thing in the first place if he isn't handing it out to anyone, even I have snip bits of IDPs code that could be used in other places if so desired. I use it for research and practice since it does need some refactoring, why couldn't he do the same with his own work to improve what he does?  I don't see why people find it all that terrible.
  • mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree

CertainlyNotNosliw

• New User :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 08:49:11 PM »
Might I ask just WHY Nosliw having parts of old IDP source code is such a terrible thing in the first place if he isn't handing it out to anyone, even I have snip bits of IDPs code that could be used in other places if so desired. I use it for research and practice since it does need some refactoring, why couldn't he do the same with his own work to improve what he does?  I don't see why people find it all that terrible.
Ok, this is unrelated but just out of curiosity. How did you get IDP snippets, and when did you learn Java? Oo

On a slightly more on-topic note, thanks for your support everyone :)
  • SnufflesDragon
    SnufflesDragon
    SnufflesDragon
I'm certainly not Nosliw (as my username suggests), and I am certainly to have fun! :D

P.S. You can't hurt Jellyfish!

hungrybobby1

• Goldy VIP
  • So.......wassup?
    • View Profile
    • My Webpage!
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2014, 10:55:13 PM »
NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY
  • hungrybobby1
    hungrybobby1
    hungrybobby1
Steam: Derpy :3 [Bill Gates]

mercilessdegree

• Star
  • Welcome to the world of bloody evolution.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 11:07:57 AM »
Ok, this is unrelated but just out of curiosity. How did you get IDP snippets, and when did you learn Java? Oo

On a slightly more on-topic note, thanks for your support everyone :)
I've been friends with nearly every developer since I joined and all of them have been nice enough to give me tips and short lessons, experience is somethiny I lack and they have so two and two go together like a puzzle.
And don't worry, it isn't highly important top end code I have,or even fully complete sections in some cases, it's just practice.

Oh, and I started trying stuff a couple years back, I'm starting a computing course soon to follow up on it.
  • mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree

Nicolethenikki

• Goldy VIP
  • punk-weeaboo-alien
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 11:58:12 AM »
NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY NOSSY
Hunter. Chill.
  • Nicolethenikki
    Nicolethenikki
    Nicolethenikki
rad vibes :))

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 12:34:31 PM »
Let's not drag this seriously off topic now...

So the consensus from the staff thus far seem to be positive and in favor of Nos. He won't be unbanned yet. I'd like the staff team to discuss some more things first.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend

hungrybobby1

• Goldy VIP
  • So.......wassup?
    • View Profile
    • My Webpage!
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 01:01:18 PM »
Hunter. Chill.

You obviously do not know what me and Nossy been through together.
  • hungrybobby1
    hungrybobby1
    hungrybobby1
Steam: Derpy :3 [Bill Gates]

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2014, 06:37:47 PM »
Unbanned.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2014, 06:55:44 PM »
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1