Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: innectis warnings for ranks  (Read 8096 times)

HOBOTHEGREATGOD

• Goldy VIP
  • Does saying "A rich Hobo" h make sence? hmmmmm
    • View Profile
innectis warnings for ranks
« on: May 22, 2014, 01:24:46 AM »
A "guest" rank doesn't know much about the rules of innectis and accidentally breaks a rule, I think the guest should be given 2 warnings before getting banned immediately. This goes for other rules for innectis. A new user should have 1 warning before they get banned.Other ranks don't get warnings.
   If we keep banning new users or guests we may lose players on innectis. Guest and new users sometimes don't see the rules in the tutorial or they skip the tutorial. Matthewsheep for example, was a guest and didn't know about the rule advertising. I think this would be better for innectis. :-\
  • HOBOTHEGREATGOD
    HOBOTHEGREATGOD
    HOBOTHEGREATGOD
Hellllooooooooo Im not really a hobo........

Or am i......

Capn_Hu

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
Re: innectis warnings for ranks
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 01:32:42 AM »
I think Hobo has a point, but I don't think there should be warnings. Instead, we should make the rules the first thing you see when you join the server. That way, you're more likely to read them.
  • Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 02:15:33 AM »
Once you enter the first house in the tutorial, the rules are right there.

Also, we have a process that we go through to ban a user. This can always be up for a debate.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

Capn_Hu

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 02:40:42 AM »
Either way, Innectis needs to find ways to keep new users so that they could one day become donators.

I've noticed that we've had a recent shortage of yellow here.
  • Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu

Dshumway62

• Administrator
  • Moderater
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 11:29:04 AM »
Why not just make it so that when someone joins for the first time they have to go through tutorial before they can warp or go anywhere else then they don't have an excuse saying that they didn't know the rules since they have walked through tutorial  and should have read everything in it.
  • MadJackJack
    MadJackJack
    MadJackJack

lillquake

• Goldy VIP
  • Meme Master General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 03:30:31 PM »
Why not just make it so that when someone joins for the first time they have to go through tutorial before they can warp or go anywhere else then they don't have an excuse saying that they didn't know the rules since they have walked through tutorial  and should have read everything in it.

I agree with Dsh, some people ask their friends to join innectis, and eager to play with them, tell them to /getlot and they never learn the rules.
  • lillquake
    lillquake
    lillquake
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein

CanadianR

• Server Moderator
  • Beaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 03:39:44 PM »

I agree with Dsh, some people ask their friends to join innectis, and eager to play with them, tell them to /getlot and they never learn the rules.
Yeah, sometimes people completely ignore the tutorial. Or make the person get rushed through it. But then again, there are a few people who see the rules and are warned, but just ignore us.
  • CanadianR
    CanadianR
    CanadianR

Only Beaver in Innectis History

HOBOTHEGREATGOD

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 07:04:13 PM »
Yea i agree with ds, that it should be a rule that you can't warp out or skip the tutorial. That telling another play to do /getlot and just skip the tutorial is also another rule, and myself, sometimes have told new users to do /getlot and skip the tutorial. I have figured this has been a problem and that there needs to be more rules for the tutorial and other players.
  • HOBOTHEGREATGOD
    HOBOTHEGREATGOD
    HOBOTHEGREATGOD

Or am i......

Capn_Hu

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 07:12:48 PM »

I like this. I have to admit, I think I skipped to /getlot ...
  • Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu

HOBOTHEGREATGOD

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 07:32:11 PM »
Yea so if a new user joins the server and a player on innectis says "do /getlot" or "skip the tutorial" the player would get banned for 1 hour. Yes this is a very short ban but the ban is to prevent other players not to tell new users to skip the tutorial in any way ever again. This forces new users and guests to go through the tutorial completely!
  • HOBOTHEGREATGOD
    HOBOTHEGREATGOD
    HOBOTHEGREATGOD

Or am i......

RickTheRuler

• VIP
  • Wake up John.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 09:48:29 PM »
Your original suggestion was so we could avoid banning new players because they broke a rule they didn't know about.

Now you're proposing we ban them if they don't read the rules? I don't know about you, but to me that kinda defeats the entire purpose of your original suggestion.
  • RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler

Capn_Hu

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 10:01:47 PM »
yeah... don't ban newbies. It sort of makes them feel unwelcome. just prevent them from teleporting until they go through the entire tutorial
  • Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu

Snow_Owl82

• Goldy VIP
  • doot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 10:53:26 PM »
just prevent them from teleporting until they go through the entire tutorial
Or have it sort-of like a loop, then make the rules a wall of text so that at the end of the 'loop' it gives a message, 'Go read the rules!' and at the end of our Wall of Text of Rules, 'psst, it's a loop, type /warp ***** to go to the real spawn' on one of the signs.
  • Snow_Owl82
    Snow_Owl82
    Snow_Owl82
i play the trumpet

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2014, 10:57:22 PM »
The main problem we have is people tell them to /getlot before they even get through the first room of the tutorial. I dont know what we can do about this, command blocks arent an option, anyone else got ideas?
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

Capn_Hu

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2014, 01:15:46 AM »
Okay, I think I got an Idea.

is it at all possible to make it so a guest has to become a user in order to use getlot?
The only way to get user would be to finish the tutorial, and once you warp to spawn, you get your user rights and get a lot and all that fancy stuff.

I guess this would change the way User-guest things work, but it would fix the problem of /getlot before reading the rules
  • Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu