Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: A few recent happenings  (Read 3927 times)

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
A few recent happenings
« on: April 07, 2014, 07:25:49 PM »
Well, where to begin...

First thing I wanted to talk about is that we rolled out a brand new economy in the most recent update (IDP 9.1.0. This includes many new interesting things including:

1) vT dropped on death. Others can pick it up where you died, or you can go back to it.
2) You can warp out of the nether for 400 vT
3) vT is obtained from mining ores instead of killing mobs

We have come a long way from the previous economy, where there were no sinks in the economy and vT was kind of useless. The one before was entirely conceived of by me. I didn't really have any consult from others on how it was going to go. However, I did introduce chest shops which are still used pretty frequently. This update brought us quite a few steps forward in terms of where our economy is and how useful it is.

Second thing I want to take note of is a very serious issue that was resolved a couple of weeks ago. You all know about it very well, and it was the server lag. This has caused lots of issues where people did not want to play due to the problems that the lag would have. Hosting games was problematic because the lag would interfere with playing the game. This issue has been around for over a year, and many things were done to try to prevent it, none seemed to work well. Well, 2 weeks ago I discovered the main issue and patched it. Since then, we haven't had to manually restart the server to fix issues related to lag.

Third thing that happened was actually today. Due to unfortunate circumstances, we had to let go of one of our staff members: SkyeHeart. I'd like to thank her for all the work she did do while on the team, and for taking charge of our voting sites. Thank you so much for that! I hope the experiences you had in the team will lead you to someplace far in life.

The last thing I want to mention and it's kind of important, as it may mean a potential loss in services for a bit, but I just completed the steps to acquire the domain Innectis.net from Hretsam. So in the event you are not able to connect to the server, then use innectis.codespeak.org to connect.

So, we are moving forward with our plans to make an even better Innectis. Thanks for sticking with us through these times, and we hope to give you even more experiences in the coming days, weeks, months and even years.

Happy mining all!
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

lillquake

• Goldy VIP
  • Meme Master General
    • View Profile
Re: A few recent happenings
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 07:32:54 PM »
Wooo!
  • lillquake
    lillquake
    lillquake
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

Albert Einstein

GSTa2000

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
Re: A few recent happenings
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 03:29:45 AM »
Most of this news is great to hear.

Farewell Skyeheart

Expect me to be very active soon

;D ;D ;D
  • GSta2000
    GSta2000