• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
Re: Nosliw
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2013, 03:45:50 PM »
If you think hiding bugs from staff, no matter what they are, works best, and that implores you to play games with them, then you deserve any ban that comes your way. Now, staff deserve to know, because they help run the community alongside me, making sure thinigs are in check. For my sake, do not press your way here.

If anyone, the administrators absolutely have a right to know.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

Nosliw

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • You can't hurt me, I'm a Jelly Fish..
    • View Profile
    • Uber Island
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2013, 01:11:32 AM »
Are you being serious? I didn't hide bugs, I just cut out the middleman to reduce risk, no risk is better than a little for the sake of trust.. If I tell you, the staff have no reason to know..  If this is how you treat someone who is trying to help you, it's no longer the community I once knew! I could have just kept the bugs to myself and it wouldn't cause me any issues. Instead I went out of my way to be friendly, I even planned to give you steps on how to fix it..
  • Nosliw
    Nosliw
    Nosliw
I'm here to help.. With the following exception:

@EventHandler(priority = EventPriority.LOW)
public void onPlayerJoin(PlayerJoinEvent event) {
    Player player = event.getPlayer();
    if (player.getName().equals("SGT_ADZ") {
        player.kickPlayer("Yeah... Nah!");
        return;
    }
}

mercilessdegree

• Star
  • Welcome to the world of bloody evolution.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2013, 06:36:49 AM »
Are you being serious? I didn't hide bugs, I just cut out the middleman to reduce risk, no risk is better than a little for the sake of trust.. If I tell you, the staff have no reason to know..  If this is how you treat someone who is trying to help you, it's no longer the community I once knew! I could have just kept the bugs to myself and it wouldn't cause me any issues. Instead I went out of my way to be friendly, I even planned to give you steps on how to fix it..
+1
For once I'm with Nos
I know haters gonna hate but I've been watching this thread the whole way through and I honestly don't care who's with who on this topic any more. Could this please just stop? It isn't exactly placing a great impression of the server or it's community right now is it? The bickering has gone on long enough anyway and nothing is going anywhere so there is no point to keep it up and cause a larger negative impact than it already has.
  • mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 07:51:28 PM »
Just those who ask, not everyone else on the staff. Either that, or you can just simply say you will PM me instead. Sorry this has gotten to be such a problem.

My original argument was that staff could be trusted with such information, but if you think bugs are another matter, and it's true they should only be known by the developers, then I guess you should make it clear you will send me a bug report. Sorry there is no bug tracker right now, but it won't be like that forever.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 07:57:51 PM by AlphaBlend »
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend

Nosliw

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
    • View Profile
    • Uber Island
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2013, 11:57:11 PM »
I clearly stated on the server at the time that I would tell you..
  • Nosliw
    Nosliw
    Nosliw

return;
    }
}

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2013, 01:09:56 AM »
Alright, sounds like this is cleared up. Let's not drag it on any further.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend

Nosliw

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
    • View Profile
    • Uber Island
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2013, 03:11:49 AM »
Cleared up? I've been banned for multiple days now and threatened to be perm'd, I would hardly call this cleared up..
  • Nosliw
    Nosliw
    Nosliw

return;
    }
}

l_iamW

• Goldy VIP
  • Ancient Member
  • IT'S TIME TO DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DUEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2013, 04:22:12 PM »
Okay, so Nosliw is getting banned because when he went onto the server and wondered if Alpha had fixed a bug as he seemed to be in a rush to fix this bug. So Nosliw out of pure curiosity which I will remind you is something everyone has and I will argue that without us humans being curious that us humans would not as advanced as we are but that is a story for another time. So anyway Nosliw tested this bug and found out that it has not been fixed and showed SGT who then blocked off the spawn to TheReasoning's lot. Nosliw found several other ways to access the lot which SGT had blocked off and told him (SGT) who ignored Nosliw and because Nosliw told Alpha about the bugs instead of other staff to cut out the middleman he is banned? Let me give you a example here. If you owed me lets say £10, would you feel safer giving it to me upfront or giving it to someone else to give to me.
  • l_iamW
    l_iamW
    l_iamW

mercilessdegree

• Star
  • Welcome to the world of bloody evolution.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2013, 05:28:37 PM »
Okay, so Nosliw is getting banned because when he went onto the server and wondered if Alpha had fixed a bug as he seemed to be in a rush to fix this bug. So Nosliw out of pure curiosity which I will remind you is something everyone has and I will argue that without us humans being curious that us humans would not as advanced as we are but that is a story for another time. So anyway Nosliw tested this bug and found out that it has not been fixed and showed SGT who then blocked off the spawn to TheReasoning's lot. Nosliw found several other ways to access the lot which SGT had blocked off and told him (SGT) who ignored Nosliw and because Nosliw told Alpha about the bugs instead of other staff to cut out the middleman he is banned? Let me give you a example here. If you owed me lets say £10, would you feel safer giving it to me upfront or giving it to someone else to give to me.
+1
I wouldn't tell anyone but Alpha (No favourites, just instinct. I always cut out the middleman) especially if the risk's as high as it sounds like it is here
  • mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2013, 08:59:43 PM »
Locking this, this is absurd. Dont talk about subjects you have very little knowledge of.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1