Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Permanent bans  (Read 11812 times)

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
Permanent bans
« on: October 10, 2013, 01:33:53 AM »
I finally enacted on something I brought up over a year ago when I was an administrator, and this wasn't really dwelt upon. Over the years that Innectis has been around we've had quite a few players who have been considered bad enough that they were no longer considered part of Innectis. As a result, they were permanently banned from our community.

What exactly did permanent mean? It meant that we pretty much gave up on the person and did not allow them anymore timed bans. It was time to go, the ban never to be lifted again. This presented a problem, and it has actually been violated before. Once someone has been banned permanently, there may come a time in their life where they actually changed, but could not show it on our server at all.

We've given a few people the opportunity to come back after being permanently banned. This was of course an issue because it violated our definition of permanent, and even annoyed a few people in the process.

As a kindhearted person I wish to give chances to everyone to try and prove if they are a much better person. This is why I've decided to change our permanently banned system to an indefinitely banned system. What's the catch? Unlike permanently banned now we can actually freely decide if we should allow someone back whose been indefinitely banned, giving them a fresh start.

So you are going to see "banned indefinitely" instead of "banned permanently" from now on in ban topics, indicating the change in the system.

Also, rule breakers, be warned. We are also going to wipe all your lots once you become indefinitely banned. This way, when you come back, you are given a fresh start in the server.

I hope these changes will be good changes for the future.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

l_iamW

• Goldy VIP
  • Ancient Member
  • IT'S TIME TO DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DUEL
    • View Profile
Re: Permanent bans
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2013, 03:00:52 AM »
So are curennt permenatly banned members now banned indefinitely? Do they have a chance of coming back?
  • l_iamW
    l_iamW
    l_iamW

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2013, 04:15:36 AM »
So are curennt permenatly banned members now banned indefinitely? Do they have a chance of coming back?
Yes, all permanent bans that are currently in effect are now indefinite. That means they can come back if the staff feel they are worthy of coming back.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend

gohkamikaze

• Goldy VIP
  • Vi veri universum vivus vici.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 06:26:46 AM »
Yes, all permanent bans that are currently in effect are now indefinite. That means they can come back if the staff feel they are worthy of coming back.

You are setting a very, very bad precedent by this. This seems just a convenient way of dodging the problem of Perma Bans rather than actually fixing it.
  • gohKamikaze
    gohKamikaze
    gohKamikaze
Hi. My name's gohKamikaze. I Reddit and stuff.

Quote from: The Cloak
'Between you and me Yuric, I think those Ruskies need a good kick in the balls. Right in the testicles, the source of their commie power.'

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 06:42:35 AM »
This is brilliant, not.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 10:41:28 AM »

You are setting a very, very bad precedent by this. This seems just a convenient way of dodging the problem of Perma Bans rather than actually fixing it.
I don't understand. I did this to FIX the problem which was that we kept going against the definition of permanent.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend

jcboy123

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 12:03:20 PM »
This idea seems ridiculous to me....
No offence meant of course but by doing this you're now saying to ArronM and all the others who have been banned permanently,
we will ban you until we've forgotten so much about you, then you can rejoin.
I

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 12:19:14 PM »
If there is a moment where any of you guys become indefinitely banned, you'll be thanking Alpha when we reconsider the ban at a later date.
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

mercilessdegree

• Star
  • Welcome to the world of bloody evolution.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 12:25:46 PM »
Heyheyheyhey guys! I honestly don't care what you guys make or say of this comment by any means. Alpha sits here trying to come up with a decent solution that suits his style of things and you just shoot him down like cancer. I don't give two s**** what you think about this idea it is NEVER reason to sit there and deny something without hard consideration. Alpha spoke to me about this decision before and yes, even I had a couple issues and suggestions about it and I said them in a calm, peaceful manner. For once I don't care what people say or think about the comment's and what I say.

I was thinking about leaving innectis and this stubborn response from people who are unwilling to change even the worst part of the server for the better makes me feel like doing it more, because if everyone is going to be like this, this definitely is not the community for me.

If there is a moment where any of you guys become indefinitely banned, you'll be thanking Alpha when we reconsider the ban at a later date.
At least Egg gets part of the picture, try to think more like him for once guys.
  • mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 01:58:00 PM »
I'm an Adventist. I'm a kindhearted person. I am aware that people can change their outlook. People CAN change... I never would have made this decision if I didn't think people could change.

Do you trust my decision or are you so bent on your own that it negates my decision? Do you have faith in me or not? You think I'm going to slowly bring down Innectis with decisions like this?
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend

mercilessdegree

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 02:36:56 PM »
I'm an Adventist. I'm a kindhearted person. I am aware that people can change their outlook. People CAN change... I never would have made this decision if I didn't think people could change.

Do you trust my decision or are you so bent on your own that it negates my decision? Do you have faith in me or not? You think I'm going to slowly bring down Innectis with decisions like this?
You know my answer to this already
  • mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 02:53:21 PM »
This is ridiculous. End of.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 02:59:47 PM »
This is ridiculous. End of.
Brain plasticity. Look it up, don't hide behind your own opinions.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend

Nicolethenikki

• Goldy VIP
  • punk-weeaboo-alien
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 03:00:54 PM »
Let's wait until Freddietrev comes back.... We'll all be equally screwed until you guys do something about it without denying our reports.
  • Nicolethenikki
    Nicolethenikki
    Nicolethenikki
rad vibes :))

mercilessdegree

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 03:09:32 PM »
Let's wait until Freddietrev comes back.... We'll all be equally screwed until you guys do something about it without denying our reports.
Nicole you have no idea what Freddie may be like now. He may have completely changed, maybe he doesn't want to come back to innectis anyway
  • mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree