Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Aether. We Want it back. Mini-Games, NTY. <3  (Read 6583 times)

gohkamikaze

• Goldy VIP
  • Vi veri universum vivus vici.
    • View Profile
Re: Aether. We Want it back. Mini-Games, NTY. <3
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2013, 11:19:49 AM »
Erm, the Aether is a chunk generator, its really easy to add, since its a premade.. Adding a world for this is easy also, so its not exactly a lot of work..

Incorrect. The old Aether i'm pretty sure almost everyone would agree looked like garbage. It was improper, and if re-implemented, would need to look much better before I would give my personal approval.

The terrain looked like garbage or the random destroyed buildings and cobble bridges looked like garbage?

Towards the end of its life it did get rather cluttered with crap everywhere - cobble bridges, random dirt peninsulas, etc. However I always thought that the Aether was more fun than the regular lot world. It presented a challenge, and you had to think carefully about terraforming and block placement.
  • gohKamikaze
    gohKamikaze
    gohKamikaze
Hi. My name's gohKamikaze. I Reddit and stuff.

Quote from: The Cloak
'Between you and me Yuric, I think those Ruskies need a good kick in the balls. Right in the testicles, the source of their commie power.'

Johncrazboy

• Super VIP
  • herro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2013, 11:46:28 AM »

What about this?
  • Johncrazboy
    Johncrazboy
    Johncrazboy

Nosliw

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • You can't hurt me, I'm a Jelly Fish..
    • View Profile
    • Uber Island
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2013, 01:50:43 PM »
Looked like garbage? The chunk generation? I disagree.. A lot of people liked the chunk generation, hence the interest. If you are referring to people making cobble bridges, its a 2 second job to disable building or make blocks placed outside of a lot temporary.. or even enable flying.
  • Nosliw
    Nosliw
    Nosliw
I'm here to help.. With the following exception:

@EventHandler(priority = EventPriority.LOW)
public void onPlayerJoin(PlayerJoinEvent event) {
    Player player = event.getPlayer();
    if (player.getName().equals("SGT_ADZ") {
        player.kickPlayer("Yeah... Nah!");
        return;
    }
}

l_iamW

• Goldy VIP
  • Ancient Member
  • IT'S TIME TO DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DUEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 09:19:43 AM »
So you guys are hating on the Aether because some people made cobblestone bridges? Its not the Aether which made them it was the players.
  • l_iamW
    l_iamW
    l_iamW

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 02:29:24 PM »
The chunk generation was poor IMO. Didn't feel enough like the real aether.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

Nortan360

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 06:49:58 PM »
Erm, the Aether is a chunk generator, its really easy to add, since its a premade.. Adding a world for this is easy also, so its not exactly a lot of work..

Incorrect. The old Aether i'm pretty sure almost everyone would agree looked like garbage. It was improper, and if re-implemented, would need to look much better before I would give my personal approval.

How can you say Nosliw is Incorrect when he himself has worked on the IDP, and you have not? I find it very arrogant. The old Aether looked like garbage because people griefed the areas surrounding the spawn. As well as it not being very big enough.

Re-Implementation of the Aether will only lead it to the same outcome as before, a wasteland.
  • Nortan360
    Nortan360
    Nortan360

luetzj

• Retired Staff
  • Ancient Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2013, 09:45:04 PM »

How can you say Nosliw is Incorrect when he himself has worked on the IDP, and you have not? I find it very arrogant. The old Aether looked like garbage because people griefed the areas surrounding the spawn. As well as it not being very big enough.

Re-Implementation of the Aether will only lead it to the same outcome as before, a wasteland.

Unless restrictions (no building outside lots, stuff like that) were implemented.
  • luetzj
    luetzj
    luetzj