Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: dictatorcharles  (Read 3932 times)

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
dictatorcharles
« on: July 19, 2013, 11:55:08 PM »
Banned for 35 days for very offensive signs, and a male organ in his front lot. This also earned you a lot reset. The ban time was determined from your previous bans and their reasons. This showed you want nothing to do with Innectis, but I decided to not make the ban permanent, and give you another chance when the time is up.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

gohkamikaze

• Goldy VIP
  • Vi veri universum vivus vici.
    • View Profile
Re: dictatorcharles
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 06:14:30 AM »
Banned for 35 days for very offensive signs, and a male organ in his front lot. This also earned you a lot reset. The ban time was determined from your previous bans and their reasons. This showed you want nothing to do with Innectis, but I decided to not make the ban permanent, and give you another chance when the time is up.

He knows that he's got at least a 75% chance of a perma being revoked.
  • gohKamikaze
    gohKamikaze
    gohKamikaze
Hi. My name's gohKamikaze. I Reddit and stuff.

Quote from: The Cloak
'Between you and me Yuric, I think those Ruskies need a good kick in the balls. Right in the testicles, the source of their commie power.'

mercilessdegree

• Star
  • Welcome to the world of bloody evolution.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 07:38:25 AM »

Go I see why all of you think the staff revoke almost every perma ban after stating it will not but think of it this way; You are part of staff an Admin, Mod, Rainbow mod e.t.c and you have a great number of people hammering you to revoke the ban the least you can do is reconsider it and look over the facts again. If this results in a permanent ban being revoked despite the staffs best wishes so be it, it's only fair.
  • mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree

gohkamikaze

• Goldy VIP
  • Vi veri universum vivus vici.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 08:24:29 AM »

Go I see why all of you think the staff revoke almost every perma ban after stating it will not but think of it this way; You are part of staff an Admin, Mod, Rainbow mod e.t.c and you have a great number of people hammering you to revoke the ban the least you can do is reconsider it and look over the facts again. If this results in a permanent ban being revoked despite the staffs best wishes so be it, it's only fair.

A permanent ban is a last resort, and should not be taken as lightly as our staff seem to. Most of the time permas have been handed out by the staff and revoked by the staff with little to none of this 'hammering' that you've mentioned. A perma has almost no meaning around here anymore, and I would say that there's a big difference between fairness and incorrect server moderation practices.

I know I sound rude, and jaded, and perhaps even a little out of character, but this particular thorn in my side is yet another thing that drove me away from here. While staff seem to be able to rationalise their permabans, they hardly seem able to remain consistent and to follow due procedure.
  • gohKamikaze
    gohKamikaze
    gohKamikaze
Hi. My name's gohKamikaze. I Reddit and stuff.

Quote from: The Cloak
'Between you and me Yuric, I think those Ruskies need a good kick in the balls. Right in the testicles, the source of their commie power.'

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2013, 02:42:39 PM »
I permabanned someone after they outright attacked me in their ban thread. I don't want them back even still. This guy is lucky to get away with not being permanently banned, because what he did was outright ridiculous., and showed he didn't care.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.