Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Prison Break  (Read 4319 times)

jcboy123

Prison Break
« on: May 11, 2013, 08:04:46 AM »
I was thinking we could make a new game type called prison break in which there is a replica of a prison (shawshank, Alcatraz) and guards take prisoners to their duty's usually around 1 spectator who picks the roles 4 prisoners andor less 3 guards or less per game (probably admins) and 1 outsider out side of the prison helping prisoners escape and sneaking weapons and supplies in through the mail or at dinner time there is usually 1 corrupt guard who helps sneak items in for the prisoners but the spectator picks that person.

Then the prisoners have to escape and once you die you are out but you can only be killed if caught trying to escape

I would be willing to build this prison in the creative world with some help (dont mind) and well yeh please comment ;)
Edit : Guards should get maybe iron armor a infinity I bow and a diamond sword and a stick as a baton :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 08:07:23 AM by jcboy123 »

l_iamW

• Goldy VIP
  • Ancient Member
  • IT'S TIME TO DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DUEL
    • View Profile
Re: Prison Break
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 08:25:54 AM »
Me, Sam and Sean played something like this on his(Sam's) server. We played it like this. There was 1 guard and two prisoners in this underground prison rigged with traps and the two prisoners had to escape (Get to the surface) without the guard noticing. If the guard sees them and manages to kill them and they get sent  back to the prison bed.
  • l_iamW
    l_iamW
    l_iamW

zandercz07

• VIP
  • I like cheese!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Innectis
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 01:59:32 AM »
I like it
  • zandercz07
    zandercz07
    zandercz07

Nosliw

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • You can't hurt me, I'm a Jelly Fish..
    • View Profile
    • Uber Island
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 04:34:08 AM »
I talked a little about this with you via Skype, but I'll say it here too. I had a similar-ish idea after seeing a custom map about this, I might work on making a game like this, but in order to make it playable there would likely need to be some kind of goal. Although the game is possible, I'm not sure if some of the players on Innectis would play the game correctly..
  • Nosliw
    Nosliw
    Nosliw
I'm here to help.. With the following exception:

@EventHandler(priority = EventPriority.LOW)
public void onPlayerJoin(PlayerJoinEvent event) {
    Player player = event.getPlayer();
    if (player.getName().equals("SGT_ADZ") {
        player.kickPlayer("Yeah... Nah!");
        return;
    }
}

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 05:38:01 PM »
Although the game is possible, I'm not sure if some of the players on Innectis would play the game correctly..

Very much true, this is also the reason why Fortess Defence will most likely never be played properly... People don't like long explanations or long rules lists, the best games are the ones with very few rules and explain themselves as the game progresses, rather then forcing a person though a tutorial, which 45% of people will ignore, 45% will sit though and not understand, and the final 10% wishing everyone understood how to play.
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning

Nosliw

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
    • View Profile
    • Uber Island
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2013, 05:07:46 AM »
Very much true, this is also the reason why Fortess Defence will most likely never be played properly... People don't like long explanations or long rules lists, the best games are the ones with very few rules and explain themselves as the game progresses, rather then forcing a person though a tutorial, which 45% of people will ignore, 45% will sit though and not understand, and the final 10% wishing everyone understood how to play.
Thats why Fortress games in which I give everyone 'Fighter' (starting tools/weapons) and a lot of blocks to build a fortress and defend are much smoother and easier to run. It is so much work to run a normal game because there are always people who don't get the hang of it or play right, and I end up pulling my hair out to explain it to them.
  • Nosliw
    Nosliw
    Nosliw

return;
    }
}

jcboy123

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2013, 08:50:16 AM »
you see with that there maybe should just be guards with the exact same items and prisoners with the nothing apart from some pork 3 bits and the idea would be to escape because they would start in a cell and they are taken to duties but problems happen like they find some sticks and iron and make tools they would be no game differences diamond = health or anything the duty would be to escape at any means nesecarry and if u are caught escaping you can be killed the nyou are taken to the spectators box or you can leave. Finally prisoners dont need rules the duty is to escape and the guards would always have a admin / staff as one or both

Nosliw

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
    • View Profile
    • Uber Island
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 04:20:35 AM »
you see with that there maybe should just be guards with the exact same items and prisoners with the nothing apart from some pork 3 bits and the idea would be to escape because they would start in a cell and they are taken to duties but problems happen like they find some sticks and iron and make tools they would be no game differences diamond = health or anything the duty would be to escape at any means nesecarry and if u are caught escaping you can be killed the nyou are taken to the spectators box or you can leave. Finally prisoners dont need rules the duty is to escape and the guards would always have a admin / staff as one or both
Did you take onboard anything that was said? This is a roleplay style game that you are proposing, and I doubt that a large amount of the community will be able to play the game. As well as this, I don't know about other staff, but staff always playing this role within a game seems kinda dull to host, as well as this, if staff stop for one moment to talk or perform staff-related actions, prisoners will escape, hence someone other than staff will need to play these 'guards'.
  • Nosliw
    Nosliw
    Nosliw

return;
    }
}

jcboy123

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 02:41:43 PM »
yes that is correct and it would probably be fun if users were guards but thats the idea you have to hide weapons / tools in the gym or the cafeteria and work out god vantage points s if the staff have to do dutys then they would deal with it while the other guard is taking them to other areas and anyway i only ever said you should only have 1 single staff member

Nosliw

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
    • View Profile
    • Uber Island
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2013, 04:23:16 AM »
I take it as a no that you didn't take into account what I said.. :/
  • Nosliw
    Nosliw
    Nosliw

return;
    }
}

GSTa2000

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2013, 03:54:39 PM »
Did you take onboard anything that was said? This is a roleplay style game that you are proposing, and I doubt that a large amount of the community will be able to play the game. As well as this, I don't know about other staff, but staff always playing this role within a game seems kinda dull to host, as well as this, if staff stop for one moment to talk or perform staff-related actions, prisoners will escape, hence someone other than staff will need to play these 'guards'.
I think they would play it. The game is so familiar to some of the videos by SkyDoesMinecraft. And with the amount of skydoesminecraft fans on the server would be enough easily to play. User would play to which would make this a great game
  • GSta2000
    GSta2000
    GSta2000
Blap Blap

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2013, 05:25:05 PM »
Simple, if you are forced to abide by a strict set of rules, it is a bad idea for this type of community. Game set and match.
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning

GSTa2000

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2013, 04:30:17 AM »
Theres already a strict set of rules
  • GSta2000
    GSta2000
    GSta2000