Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Goldies' Backpack  (Read 6835 times)

tommykins20

• Goldy VIP
  • Hi, I'm Tommy
    • View Profile
Goldies' Backpack
« on: April 09, 2013, 04:06:22 AM »
Hello Innectis community,
As most of you will know, players ranked Goldy have access to a neat, handy /backpack. Sometimes when you're TinyWE mining, you run out of space quickly, and sometimes the block filling your inventory is the block you need. Most of the time you can't do the following:
  • Clear your TinyWE region however method
  • Full up your backpack as much as possible as well as your inventory
  • Head over to your /home
  • Open up your chests and store them (don't forget the stuff in your backpack)
  • Do /tpback and continue mining restarting this procedure again very soon.

I just thought maybe there would be a vote point redeem option to increase your space in your backpack. I'm sure modifying the size of the container would be no problem as you have done it with the bookcase storage feature, plus I've looked into the code myself so I've seen it's possible.

I've told Nosliw this idea and he said it was an interesting one, just posting this to grab the attention of fellow Goldies and other staff members.
  • tommykins20
    tommykins20
    tommykins20
I love the good old OC days

l_iamW

• Goldy VIP
  • Ancient Member
  • IT'S TIME TO DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DUEL
    • View Profile
Re: Goldies' Backpack
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 04:08:59 AM »
Maybe you can use 1 vote point to get a extra line in your backpack for 24 hours?
  • l_iamW
    l_iamW
    l_iamW

tommykins20

• Goldy VIP
  • Hi, I'm Tommy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 04:25:36 AM »
Maybe you can use 1 vote point to get a extra line in your backpack for 24 hours?
That's a good idea! But maybe 24 is a little short.. I don't know why I think that :o
But maybe you can have different options like 3 vote points for a couple more lines for a long period of time, and maybe even permanent. After all, Goldy is the highest rank a non-staff member can get up to.
(Unless the sneaky Builder rank is in there and above Goldy)

P.S. This is off topic but is the dynmap still used? I like to look at it alot but see a black blank screen with coloured squares. Also the reszone world isn't on the dynmap, not sure if that's deliberate D:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 04:28:14 AM by tommykins20 »
  • tommykins20
    tommykins20
    tommykins20
I love the good old OC days

l_iamW

• Goldy VIP
  • Ancient Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 05:00:32 AM »
DynMap is broken.
  • l_iamW
    l_iamW
    l_iamW

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 06:14:15 AM »
Dynmap needs updated. And a timed slot increase doesn't seem very applicable. Fill your inventory, then that slot gets removed, those items are gone! Also, the backpack is generous enough, I don't see a need to increase its size.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

Nosliw

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • You can't hurt me, I'm a Jelly Fish..
    • View Profile
    • Uber Island
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 09:45:47 AM »
Dynmap needs updated. And a timed slot increase doesn't seem very applicable. Fill your inventory, then that slot gets removed, those items are gone! Also, the backpack is generous enough, I don't see a need to increase its size.
What if it starts smaller and you need to upgrade? OR we could make your backpack proportional to what you have on your chest? So if you wearing a dispenser, small, wearing a chest, large, etc? (Something random)
  • Nosliw
    Nosliw
    Nosliw
I'm here to help.. With the following exception:

@EventHandler(priority = EventPriority.LOW)
public void onPlayerJoin(PlayerJoinEvent event) {
    Player player = event.getPlayer();
    if (player.getName().equals("SGT_ADZ") {
        player.kickPlayer("Yeah... Nah!");
        return;
    }
}

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 02:24:15 AM »
Just one thing to add. I know about the backpack and all but the most annoying feature is the fact that when you die, you lose EVERYTHING in your backpack, unlike the inventory where only some items are lost. Would it be possible to apply the same rule to backpacks as inventories? Because frankly I tend to forget I have items in there (as i'm sure many others have in the past) and then when I die with it, poof, everything is dropped and not often recovered. This has cause myself to disregard the backpack completely.

So yeah just wondering if it would be possible to apply the same rules as inventory on death, where only a certain percentage of backpack items are dropped on death. Please? =]

What if it starts smaller and you need to upgrade? OR we could make your backpack proportional to what you have on your chest? So if you wearing a dispenser, small, wearing a chest, large, etc? (Something random)

Uhhh, wearing a chest on your chest? Lol..... But you have to remember, players would still like to have armor as protection, and the chest piece is the most important part (with the exception of Feather Falling boots at times) and I don't think many people would like this to become obsolete. Also, It would be kinda weird to only be able to access your backpack if your chest piece is a certain block.. but maybe that's just me.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 02:27:56 AM by TheReasoning »
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 02:37:11 PM »
Well... the back was entirely my idea and I implemented it. The idea was to, despite helping Goldys with an extra chest-full worth of items, to keep it slightly balanced with survival, and this is why you lose all the items in your backpack. It's more of something to worry about when in situations where you could die.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 02:56:53 PM »
Why not lose 85% of the items in your backpack upon death, instead of the full backpack, just like the main inventory.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

Skye

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 03:48:43 PM »
Or just lost it all, because the server is already easy enough?

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 03:56:52 PM »
Why not lose 85% of the items in your backpack upon death, instead of the full backpack, just like the main inventory.
This does not appeal to me.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 05:54:17 PM »
This does not appeal to me.

Sorry but I feel this is an appropriate time to bring up the fact that you, Alpha, nor SGT or Skye have to collect your own blocks, and can just spawn your own, so I think this is one of the cases where it may be smarter to set up a community poll? Maybe one similar to the in-game one that was setup a few months back, instead of one on the forums (due to the lack on inactivity from some players on the forums) and have it open to only Goldies. (Not moderators due to the fact that Mods never drop any items on death anyways, from what I understand).

P.S. You keep 85% of items on death in your inventory at the moment, you only lose 15%.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 05:57:16 PM by TheReasoning »
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning

l_iamW

• Goldy VIP
  • Ancient Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 06:54:34 PM »
Rainbow + can just respawn there items if they died. Users - Moderators can not so only players who may not spawn objects should have there vote accounted for.
  • l_iamW
    l_iamW
    l_iamW

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 07:49:36 PM »
Items in your backpack will still drop in the world, so you can get back to obtain them.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend

Skye

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 10:23:51 PM »
So you guys wants an easy game already easier because all of what Innectis does? Are you sure you don't want to just play on a creative server? Cut out that middle man of having to mine?