Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Lot chat flag  (Read 4493 times)

zandercz07

• VIP
  • I like cheese!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Innectis
Lot chat flag
« on: February 06, 2013, 12:32:51 AM »
Hi instead of Doug @ all the time can we make a flag so all hat on the lot can only be heard on the lot and doing a sign like @ but different will let you talk in global!
  • zandercz07
    zandercz07
    zandercz07

Booking50

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Lot chat flag
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 01:10:30 AM »
Hi instead of Doug @ all the time can we make a flag so all hat on the lot can only be heard on the lot and doing a sign like @ but different will let you talk in global!

Hi instead of Doing @ all the time can we make a flag so all chat on the lot can only be heard on the lot and doing a sign like @ but different will let you talk in global!

There is the english version
  • Booking50
    Booking50
    Booking50

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 01:18:01 AM »
Usually there aren't a lot of people with neighboring lots on the server at the same time, and those that are usually play together. Also, most people spend their time off their lot, so I don't really see a need for this. You could just use /chat if you wanted.
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

zandercz07

• VIP
  • I like cheese!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Innectis
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 03:30:45 AM »
Usually there aren't a lot of people with neighboring lots on the server at the same time, and those that are usually play together. Also, most people spend their time off their lot, so I don't really see a need for this. You could just use /chat if you wanted.
Well Hadley play needs it my pop arena I am planning needs it an so do other events! So domination and those games wouldn't spam the chat!
  • zandercz07
    zandercz07
    zandercz07

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 04:44:52 AM »
I'd rather not waste lines of code to invert the behavior of @ with a lot flag. It's really quite simple to talk in local chat.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

Nosliw

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • You can't hurt me, I'm a Jelly Fish..
    • View Profile
    • Uber Island
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 04:58:19 AM »
This seems un-needed.. Make a chat group if you want to talk privately with a certain few people, thats what they are there for.. Also, domination has a team chat system linked to the '#' symbol, for example '#Go Team'.
  • Nosliw
    Nosliw
    Nosliw
I'm here to help.. With the following exception:

@EventHandler(priority = EventPriority.LOW)
public void onPlayerJoin(PlayerJoinEvent event) {
    Player player = event.getPlayer();
    if (player.getName().equals("SGT_ADZ") {
        player.kickPlayer("Yeah... Nah!");
        return;
    }
}

l_iamW

• Goldy VIP
  • Ancient Member
  • IT'S TIME TO DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DUEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2013, 07:29:30 AM »
No.
  • l_iamW
    l_iamW
    l_iamW

Skye

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2013, 12:00:22 PM »

Hi instead of Doing @ all the time can we make a flag so all chat on the lot can only be heard on the lot and doing a sign like @ but different will let you talk in global!

Hello, instead of using "@" all the time to chat locally, we can make a lot flag so chat can only be heard on the specific lot when using "@". Also, using a different symbol, such as "#", or "%" could talk in a more global sense of local chat.

The real English version.

zandercz07

• VIP
  • I like cheese!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Innectis
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2013, 07:26:45 PM »

Hello, instead of using "@" all the time to chat locally, we can make a lot flag so chat can only be heard on the specific lot when using "@". Also, using a different symbol, such as "#", or "%" could talk in a more global sense of local chat.

Well I should spell incorrectly more often! LOL
  • zandercz07
    zandercz07
    zandercz07

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2013, 08:50:51 PM »

Takes me 10 mins to understand the first 2, third times the charm.

Anyways, I don't think it would make much of a difference, most people talk through channels or global speak rather then local anyways. Although we could increase the radius of local chat a bit, it is quite small to me.
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning