Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Here's a suggestion, let's add it!  (Read 2857 times)

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
Here's a suggestion, let's add it!
« on: January 25, 2013, 12:51:46 PM »
Over the course of my tenure as a developer of IDP, I noticed significant growth of our server. That doesn't only come from us developers, however, but some of the features were thought up by you, the community. It must give you much joy to know that your features are being implemented into the server. We don't do that for every single feature suggested by the community, however. It just depends what we feel at the time, and whether or not it's something worth adding.

There have actually been a few thins that we ourselves put up on our todo list, but then later take it down because it never was very appealing to us. That's one of the things that we deal with. It may have sounded very appealing when initially added, and very much so might benefit people if added, but later on, it just loses its appeal to us. One of the ideas I had was to allow everyone to more or less explode a block with the stick for some vote points. At the time, that sounded rather appealing, but I wasn't quite sure about it. Later on, I removed that idea, as it did not appeal to me.

I do enjoy combing the suggestion board, looking for features we can add. I go, look at a topic, then if it's appealing to me, I'll add it to our todo list, and mark it as such in the topic, even if it's an extremely old topic. That's just what I do, to mark that it's currently processing on our list, and will get completed one day, or turned down, but I don't think I've turned down a feature from our suggestion board that was once added to our todo list.

It's a great feeling knowing that the community is there to provide expansion with their suggestions. Thank you guys for wanting to help out and expand the server! Also, know that if your suggestions are turned down, to not feel too bad about it. You tried!
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

blackdimondz1

• VIP
  • New User :)
    • View Profile
Re: Here's a suggestion, let's add it!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 08:10:27 PM »
what are some of the suggestions you are considering
  • blackdimondz1
    blackdimondz1
    blackdimondz1

Nosliw

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • You can't hurt me, I'm a Jelly Fish..
    • View Profile
    • Uber Island
Re: Here's a suggestion, let's add it!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 06:01:09 AM »
what are some of the suggestions you are considering
If you watch the 'Suggestions' board, often anything that may be considered will get positive feedback :P
  • Nosliw
    Nosliw
    Nosliw
I'm here to help.. With the following exception:

@EventHandler(priority = EventPriority.LOW)
public void onPlayerJoin(PlayerJoinEvent event) {
    Player player = event.getPlayer();
    if (player.getName().equals("SGT_ADZ") {
        player.kickPlayer("Yeah... Nah!");
        return;
    }
}