Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Me4Webmin!  (Read 9430 times)

Skye

Re: Me4Webmin!
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 05:30:18 AM »
*Makes poll for biggest Script Kiddie of Innectis*

Option 1: Nosliw
Option 2: AlphaBlend
Option 3: Ryanteck

*votes for everyone*
all of the above pls.

ryanteck

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
    • Ryanteck
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 06:05:50 AM »
Although this community often gives second chances, I don't know if we need a webmin, what would having someone in this role offer? Since we lost the webmin, we have had no major issues, there have been no problems and everything has ran smoothly, including the setting up/removal of other boards, its not complicated and we have a decent sized staff team. Although I have no major objections to a webmin, I just don't see the purpose of one.

Although, you did not leave on good terms in your previous webmin role. Although you continously call it a joke and make reference to the fact that you made a backup, you still disrupted the entire website and abused the abilities that were given to you. Even if we did need a webmin, someone who preforms these sort of actions wouldn't be my first choice.. And I see only risk with setting up someone in the roll of webmin again.

Sorry Ryan,
Thats just the way I see things.

So basically your saying that I don't get a second chance like most?

Hows that filter going? ;)
  • ryanteck
    ryanteck
    ryanteck
Wow, such infractions, much sadness, plz uban for shibes all over the glob, sad much :C

Nosliw

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • You can't hurt me, I'm a Jelly Fish..
    • View Profile
    • Uber Island
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 06:10:23 AM »
So basically your saying that I don't get a second chance like most?

Hows that filter going? ;)
Thats just my input, the decision isn't mine.

As for the filter, I haven't looked into it yet :P
  • Nosliw
    Nosliw
    Nosliw
I'm here to help.. With the following exception:

@EventHandler(priority = EventPriority.LOW)
public void onPlayerJoin(PlayerJoinEvent event) {
    Player player = event.getPlayer();
    if (player.getName().equals("SGT_ADZ") {
        player.kickPlayer("Yeah... Nah!");
        return;
    }
}

Skye

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 06:13:03 AM »
We aren't for sure adding a filter. Get your nose out of the air, Ryan. I will vote for you, but not of you act so arrogant. SMF is the easiest of the easy, you need 0 education to have your hand held by SMF.

ryanteck

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
    • Ryanteck
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 07:12:49 AM »
We aren't for sure adding a filter. Get your nose out of the air, Ryan. I will vote for you, but not of you act so arrogant. SMF is the easiest of the easy, you need 0 education to have your hand held by SMF.

I know that, but mastering it is different...

@Sam, Thats why you get a webmin to do it , to save you time ;)
  • ryanteck
    ryanteck
    ryanteck
Wow, such infractions, much sadness, plz uban for shibes all over the glob, sad much :C

Nosliw

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • You can't hurt me, I'm a Jelly Fish..
    • View Profile
    • Uber Island
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 07:18:07 AM »
@Sam, Thats why you get a webmin to do it , to save you time ;)
It took me less than a minute to find it, its simple to use, I added two words it it to test it out already :P
  • Nosliw
    Nosliw
    Nosliw
I'm here to help.. With the following exception:

@EventHandler(priority = EventPriority.LOW)
public void onPlayerJoin(PlayerJoinEvent event) {
    Player player = event.getPlayer();
    if (player.getName().equals("SGT_ADZ") {
        player.kickPlayer("Yeah... Nah!");
        return;
    }
}

ryanteck

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
    • Ryanteck
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 03:46:34 PM »
Update, I added a poll ;)
  • ryanteck
    ryanteck
    ryanteck

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 08:22:30 PM »
My personal opinions:

I feel Ryan should not return to a webmin position because he is arrogant, selfish, and greedy. Most of us are aware of the situation last time, and what happened with his little freak out, but until reading this post I didn't realize that he was arrogant. Ryan, I believe you have a skill set on a computer far superior the most people, but you need a good personality to put that to use, and saying "They all had 2nd chances, gimme mine now!" is a very optimistic point of view, but not a very logical one.

Please do not take this offensively, for I do not have anything against you as a person, I just think you need to get your mind in the right place before saying some of the things you say.
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning

zandercz07

• VIP
  • I like cheese!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Innectis
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 09:29:46 AM »
My personal opinions:

I feel Ryan should not return to a webmin position because he is arrogant, selfish, and greedy. Most of us are aware of the situation last time, and what happened with his little freak out, but until reading this post I didn't realize that he was arrogant. Ryan, I believe you have a skill set on a computer far superior the most people, but you need a good personality to put that to use, and saying "They all had 2nd chances, gimme mine now!" is a very optimistic point of view, but not a very logical one.

Please do not take this offensively, for I do not have anything against you as a person, I just think you need to get your mind in the right place before saying some of the things you say.
Nothing against Ryan but looking at this again now and understanding the situation now(and remebering his melt down). Magical is right! We need nice caring staff not a team of arrogant douches.
  • zandercz07
    zandercz07
    zandercz07

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013, 11:14:42 AM »
That is the one thing holding me back. Sure, you made a mistake, but it cost us the viewing pleasure of the forum for a few days.... and we don't want that chance from ever happening again.

All because you were upset you didn't win in a mod election? You took it to such lengths as to cut off our access to our forum? Not easily forgivable... sorry Ryan, but it's not very easy for us to just drop the past with such an event as what you did.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

l_iamW

• Goldy VIP
  • Ancient Member
  • IT'S TIME TO DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DUEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 11:33:18 AM »
That is the one thing holding me back. Sure, you made a mistake, but it cost us the viewing pleasure of the forum for a few days.... and we don't want that chance from ever happening again.

All because you were upset you didn't win in a mod election? You took it to such lengths as to cut off our access to our forum? Not easily forgivable... sorry Ryan, but it's not very easy for us to just drop the past with such an event as what you did.

Its a toughy for sure. Why dont you let the community decide?
  • l_iamW
    l_iamW
    l_iamW

StarScythe7

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 11:40:19 AM »
Before voting, I'd like to ask: What you could do to add on/improve the forum that some of the other staff couldn't already do? I know you're good at techy stuff, but right now I don't think much needs changed on the forums.
  • StarScythe7
    StarScythe7
    StarScythe7

ryanteck

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
    • Ryanteck
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2013, 01:20:00 PM »

It was down for a few hours...
  • ryanteck
    ryanteck
    ryanteck

zandercz07

• VIP
  • I like cheese!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Innectis
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2013, 08:11:33 PM »

It was down for a few hours...
Yeh, but 2 hours alot happened including 60% of the community  turning against you. Including quite a bit of work for the admins to get the site back up and running!
  • zandercz07
    zandercz07
    zandercz07

ryanteck

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
    • Ryanteck
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2013, 01:45:16 AM »
Before voting, I'd like to ask: What you could do to add on/improve the forum that some of the other staff couldn't already do? I know you're good at techy stuff, but right now I don't think much needs changed on the forums.

I can do many things, I could add an who's online section to the forums showing people on the server.

• ryanteck
    ryanteck
    ryanteck