Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Proposition to add a new rank.  (Read 21180 times)

Skye

Re: Bring back the Builder Rank!
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2013, 06:47:16 PM »
If you want a rainbow prefix you probably won't be able to change it freely, because it really is hard to set them lol

Nosliw

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • You can't hurt me, I'm a Jelly Fish..
    • View Profile
    • Uber Island
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2013, 04:02:39 AM »
If you want a rainbow prefix you probably won't be able to change it freely, because it really is hard to set them lol
Although, it could be coded to create rainbow prefixes :P
  • Nosliw
    Nosliw
    Nosliw
I'm here to help.. With the following exception:

@EventHandler(priority = EventPriority.LOW)
public void onPlayerJoin(PlayerJoinEvent event) {
    Player player = event.getPlayer();
    if (player.getName().equals("SGT_ADZ") {
        player.kickPlayer("Yeah... Nah!");
        return;
    }
}

chrisjones23

• Goldy VIP
  • User Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2013, 06:15:08 AM »

Dosnt bother me i had to ask when i first became goldy too.
  • chrisjones23
    chrisjones23
    chrisjones23

Nosliw

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
    • View Profile
    • Uber Island
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2013, 06:17:13 AM »

Dosnt bother me i had to ask when i first became goldy too.
HaHa! I remember that, it wasn't that bad tbh :P
  • Nosliw
    Nosliw
    Nosliw

return;
    }
}

Skye

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2013, 08:21:11 AM »
Make it different colors is a little different than setting it...

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2013, 01:14:49 PM »
User Council should not be required for new rank. Remember, the forum is separate from the server.
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2013, 09:59:28 PM »
User Council should not be required for new rank. Remember, the forum is separate from the server.

This is correct, but this does not always have to be the case. Actions on the server almost always accurately reflect server behavior and vise versa. Personally, I do not see why the 2 are separate, if this was 100% the case, we would not have the ability to donate from the forums, and then receive a rank in-game. Is that not true?
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning

luetzj

• Retired Staff
  • Ancient Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2013, 10:23:26 PM »
This is correct, but this does not always have to be the case. Actions on the server almost always accurately reflect server behavior and vise versa. Personally, I do not see why the 2 are separate, if this was 100% the case, we would not have the ability to donate from the forums, and then receive a rank in-game. Is that not true?

I believe hret does the donations manually.
  • luetzj
    luetzj
    luetzj

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2013, 01:02:44 AM »

I believe hret does the donations manually.

Yes, but there are links on the forums which allow you to donate.
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning

Nosliw

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
    • View Profile
    • Uber Island
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2013, 04:56:59 AM »
Being on the User Council should not earn you a new rank on the server, the reason for this is because the new rank would be above goldy, and it is currently possible for non-goldy's to join the User Council.. This would mean that people who are not already Goldy would desperately want this new rank in order to gain access to Goldy Features. This could further lead to nominations based on greed and what would be the point in that?

I know that you would likely suggest that they only get access to features from their rank, however with the current inheritance system, that would involve manually blocking each and every command for those non-goldys who achieve User Council.. And then each time we update and add or change a permission, we would need to update them for each of those players again.. This is pointless, although it would be possible to create a work around, they would also display "USER COUNCIL" as their rank, not showing what their true rank would be (i.e. user, vip, etc).

However, having User Council as an extra criterion would work, providing another one is that the user is Goldy as well. Although. I'm not sure about this.. It could be restricting it too greatly?
  • Nosliw
    Nosliw
    Nosliw

return;
    }
}

l_iamW

• Goldy VIP
  • Ancient Member
  • IT'S TIME TO DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DUEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2013, 11:04:07 AM »
Also if your goldy you can just make your prefix User Council and Dev Team should make it only the users in the Council can have the prefix.
  • l_iamW
    l_iamW
    l_iamW

wolfshond7

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2013, 04:26:04 PM »
I think that builders rank should be given to people that can build nice things. That build high, that build alot. That have been playing  for along time on Innectis. And NOT only should been given to people that have been donating. Not everyone is so rich as OBZ And Skye. The stick and the ability to fly is very limited and should only been given to max. 6 people. Only the ones that have been spending time on Innectis. If you say 25 days. You think "It's not so much because alot of people have about that time" But it's 25 days FULL-TIME playing almost a HOLE MONTH! That kind of people should be able to earn the Builders Rank. Or you can call it "Trusters Rank", But some people try to show themself to other people how nice they are, what they can but most of the people does not even give them the change. And that is very importand. Because Alpha said that OBZ and Skye showed real support. But if a nice person does NOT have the money and try to prove him in another way, is often ignored because. Skye, Lue Magical, Star, SGT, Nosliw, Wolf,  Chris, Ostra, Imf Lynxy Hret L_iam, Eggnaug, Merc, WhiteRaven, Ryan, Alpha, Guin and even more people has been showing so much support to this server. But only OBZ and Skye are chosen because they have been given the server money to support them. And all the other support that other people does are ignored or forgotten fast.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:31:32 PM by wolfshond7 »
  • wolfshond7
    wolfshond7
    wolfshond7
Deep down the Rabbit Hole.

Skye

Re: Proposition to add a new rank.
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2013, 04:33:52 PM »
I changed the title of this thread, as well as some body text. We aren't talking about a builders rank, we're talking about a rank that signifies your reputation to be outstanding.

haspet

• Goldy VIP
  • I'm back! (Does anyone remember me?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2013, 07:54:08 PM »
Sorry If this has been said, I didnt have time to read 4 pages of comments.

I propose Respect Points. You can give people 1 respect point or take one away per person. You can also change your respect point on that person, such as you make someone your friend and they turn around and grief you. Or the other way around... anyway if you get a whole lot of respect points (idk 100? 50? 200?) you can get the rank ADDED to your current rank, so its just a "for show, im respected you should respect me" thing, so if you have like 500 respect points but you cant afford to donate you can still get your rightful respect. but so we dont have respect ranks flying around, the number of respect points needed should be high, but realistic. If there are (numbers made up) 100 people who go on the server, the number shouldnt be 500.
  • Haspet
    Haspet
    Haspet
www.freerice.com
Discord: Haspet#2853
(Only adding people I know)

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2013, 07:58:31 PM »
Sorry If this has been said, I didnt have time to read 4 pages of comments.

I propose Respect Points. You can give people 1 respect point or take one away per person. You can also change your respect point on that person, such as you make someone your friend and they turn around and grief you. Or the other way around... anyway if you get a whole lot of respect points (idk 100? 50? 200?) you can get the rank ADDED to your current rank, so its just a "for show, im respected you should respect me" thing, so if you have like 500 respect points but you cant afford to donate you can still get your rightful respect. but so we dont have respect ranks flying around, the number of respect points needed should be high, but realistic. If there are (numbers made up) 100 people who go on the server, the number shouldnt be 500.

Although it could work, I feel this would turn the entire server into a popularity contest..
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning