Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Proposition to add a new rank.  (Read 21199 times)

luetzj

• Retired Staff
  • Ancient Member
    • View Profile
Re: Bring back the Builder Rank!
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2013, 06:54:15 PM »
That does represent a sad decision by those willing to donate based off vT...

I do see issues with this. There are Goldys who act out of character, who were given their ranks by others. Goldys who have paid for their ranks are far less likely to act out of character. It's quite sad.

If not this, a rank that only Goldies who payed for themselves? The rank would only be given if they were a good player, and can provide proof of their payment, not someone else.
  • luetzj
    luetzj
    luetzj

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2013, 07:43:32 PM »

I do see issues with this. There are Goldys who act out of character, who were given their ranks by others. Goldys who have paid for their ranks are far less likely to act out of character. It's quite sad.

It is sad, but it is true, and that is why something needs to be done. I hope you can see my point and reconsider your vote.
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning

luetzj

• Retired Staff
  • Ancient Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2013, 07:53:03 PM »

It is sad, but it is true, and that is why something needs to be done. I hope you can see my point and reconsider your vote.

The vT donations, while benefiting the server had brought some people up into Goldy that really shouldn't be there. Does skye still do her vT donations?
  • luetzj
    luetzj
    luetzj

Skye

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2013, 09:23:53 PM »
Dude, it doesn't matter what rank they are. Goldy isn't a higher power. You aren't a god. You're the same as any other user. People who paid are 100% the same as the people who got paid for. Are you saying Seanman10, MadJackJack, MinyMiloCat, SGT, Gohkamakazi, StarScythe, Haspet, and PajamaDay aren't the same as people who donated on their own like myself, magical, lue, etc? Because that's what it sounds like. You all sound as if I brought a cancer to the server. It doesn't matter what rank anyone is, if they're going to act like a child, they're going to act like a child, weither they're anything from admin to guest.

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2013, 10:41:00 PM »
Dude, it doesn't matter what rank they are. Goldy isn't a higher power. You aren't a god. You're the same as any other user. People who paid are 100% the same as the people who got paid for. Are you saying Seanman10, MadJackJack, MinyMiloCat, SGT, Gohkamakazi, StarScythe, Haspet, and PajamaDay aren't the same as people who donated on their own like myself, magical, lue, etc? Because that's what it sounds like. You all sound as if I brought a cancer to the server. It doesn't matter what rank anyone is, if they're going to act like a child, they're going to act like a child, weither they're anything from admin to guest.

Skye, i'm sorry but this made 0 sense. In case you failed to read it in the first place I will explain it here.

I did not mention anything about the differences between donator goldies and vT donators. That was completely and 100% the replies in this poll, not myself.
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2013, 11:27:08 PM »
People who had others donate for them did not contribute to the server as much as the person who donated for others. A rank based on contribution and dedication to the server should be limited to people who have contributed by donating money themselves instead of having others do it for them.
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2013, 11:39:13 PM »
People who had others donate for them did not contribute to the server as much as the person who donated for others. A rank based on contribution and dedication to the server should be limited to people who have contributed by donating money themselves instead of having others do it for them.

It's not even that, it's just the lack of respect some of the players have. Not to point fingers but some of the vT Donators simply screw around because they can. They did not donate, they got it for free essentially, so they have nothing to lose.

Side Note: InB4 Egg makes his 1337th post.
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning

Skye

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2013, 12:05:12 AM »
inb4 op can't inb4

Nosliw

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • You can't hurt me, I'm a Jelly Fish..
    • View Profile
    • Uber Island
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2013, 05:09:38 AM »
I'm not sure this makes sense, the Builder rank should be for good builders, not those dedicated to Innectis, this is just the same as previous proposals for another rank for dedicated members..
  • Nosliw
    Nosliw
    Nosliw
I'm here to help.. With the following exception:

@EventHandler(priority = EventPriority.LOW)
public void onPlayerJoin(PlayerJoinEvent event) {
    Player player = event.getPlayer();
    if (player.getName().equals("SGT_ADZ") {
        player.kickPlayer("Yeah... Nah!");
        return;
    }
}

l_iamW

• Goldy VIP
  • Ancient Member
  • IT'S TIME TO DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DUEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2013, 08:24:06 AM »
This thread was at first about getting a new rank now its just a argument about VT donatorsand Paid donators
  • l_iamW
    l_iamW
    l_iamW

Hretsam

• Former Owner
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2013, 06:05:25 PM »
So, propose we would add this rank.

Who is the one that says who gets this rank, what does he/she get extra?
Who can get this rank?
  • Hretsam
    Hretsam
    Hretsam

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2013, 06:15:16 PM »
I talked to Skye about this yesterday, what I came up with was to have a new rank possibly for the members of the User Council. That way we are sure they are mature, and respected players who are worthy of the rank (due to the fact they need to be nominated for, and also voted into the rank, same as the User Council).

Also, I would not expect anything such as a "Builders stick" or extra abilities unless the Dev team found it would be appropriate.

Also worth noting, this is just a suggestion, and frankly the one I find most appropriate, but if someone feels a new rank should be gained in another way, or be separate from the Council, please feel free to express your opinions. =]
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning

luetzj

• Retired Staff
  • Ancient Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2013, 06:22:30 PM »
I can see having the User Council having a rank, but I would think that it would be separate from a dedicated rank.
  • luetzj
    luetzj
    luetzj

chrisjones23

• Goldy VIP
  • User Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2013, 06:34:51 PM »
Rainbow prefixes (mainly just so they stand out form goldys) other than that dosn't really need extra abilities but maybe the user council is a good way to determine the people who get the rank.
  • chrisjones23
    chrisjones23
    chrisjones23

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2013, 06:45:44 PM »
Rainbow prefixes (mainly just so they stand out form goldys) other than that dosn't really need extra abilities but maybe the user council is a good way to determine the people who get the rank.

Only one problem with this. As stated from Hretsam before, Multi-colored prefixes are hard to add, so as I do like this idea, I doubt the Devs would allow this =[

Although if this can work, it would be great because that way players can have Multi-colored prefixes, but still keep their dedicated rank (name color) to eliminate any confusion.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 06:47:35 PM by magical »
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning