Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Proposition to add a new rank.  (Read 21178 times)

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Bring back the Builder Rank!
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 08:01:33 PM »
Builder Rank isn't about getting new perks. It's more of a respected player thing.

Perfectly worded, and also @Lue it was a complement, and all of the currently active Goldies at this point in time at least have far less playtime then 25 days. Myself included, also if you look at some of the former highly respected staff members, Ostracod, Imf, Flex even, they have FAR less then 25 days, and are tremendously respected. At least among those who know who they are.

And on another note.
Nahh.
Skye, sometimes it's better to just say nothing at all.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 08:03:36 PM by magical »
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning

luetzj

• Retired Staff
  • Ancient Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 08:11:19 PM »
That's good magic! :P

I do like SGT's idea of giving them the builder's stick.
  • luetzj
    luetzj
    luetzj

Skye

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 01:05:27 AM »
I'm expressing my opinion on a thread. All a new rank would bring is more of the "look how much more I care about this server than you just because you haven't been around for a long time hahahahahaha" feeling.

zandercz07

• VIP
  • I like cheese!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Innectis
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 01:35:28 AM »
I'm expressing my opinion on a thread. All a new rank would bring is more of the "look how much more I care about this server than you just because you haven't been around for a long time hahahahahaha" feeling.
Yeh, agree it would be more a bragging rank!
  • zandercz07
    zandercz07
    zandercz07

l_iamW

• Goldy VIP
  • Ancient Member
  • IT'S TIME TO DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DUEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 03:39:01 AM »
Yes but it will also get more new players to join us and stay instead of this scenario:

"Player1 joined the server for the first time

l_iamW: Welcome!

Player1 left the server"

and he never returned..
  • l_iamW
    l_iamW
    l_iamW

zandercz07

• VIP
  • I like cheese!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Innectis
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 07:59:52 AM »
Yes but it will also get more new players to join us and stay instead of this scenario:

Player1 left the server"

and he never returned..
Someone with the tank builder won't keep a new user on cause the user has to buy Goldie then play for 25 days! I have played since July and I only have 8! Also, some people with this rank will tease people about it and go I am the best. It is more likely going to be a bad thing
 For the new users. I have seen many new users play for 1 hour than never come back due to people being mean to them when they first log on and bragging.
  • zandercz07
    zandercz07
    zandercz07

l_iamW

• Goldy VIP
  • Ancient Member
  • IT'S TIME TO DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DUEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2013, 08:18:39 AM »

Player1 left the server"

and he never returned..
Someone with the tank builder won't keep a new user on cause the user has to buy Goldie then play for 25 days! I have played since July and I only have 8! Also, some people with this rank will tease people about it and go I am the best. It is more likely going to be a bad thing
 For the new users. I have seen many new users play for 1 hour than never come back due to people being mean to them when they first log on and bragging.

But the 'Time Played' is new. Iv been on Innectis since Otaku Craft turned into Innectis and I only have 5 days played.
  • l_iamW
    l_iamW
    l_iamW

ryanteck

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
    • Ryanteck
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2013, 09:56:24 AM »

Player1 left the server"

and he never returned..

But the 'Time Played' is new. Iv been on Innectis since Otaku Craft turned into Innectis and I only have 5 days played.

Its not that new. Its about 1 or two worlds ago and when lynxy was fully active...
  • ryanteck
    ryanteck
    ryanteck
Wow, such infractions, much sadness, plz uban for shibes all over the glob, sad much :C

RickTheRuler

• VIP
  • Wake up John.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2013, 12:10:49 PM »
Hasn't it been reset a couple times though?
  • RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2013, 01:18:15 PM »
I have never seen a goldy say "I'm the best", none of the current goldies tease people.... -.-
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

luetzj

• Retired Staff
  • Ancient Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2013, 01:48:05 PM »
I have never seen a goldy say "I'm the best", none of the current goldies tease people.... -.-

I've never seen a paid goldy tease, but some of the vT goldies...
  • luetzj
    luetzj
    luetzj

alexshield10

• Goldy VIP
  • o.o evil bunny wabbit ^ :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2013, 02:08:51 PM »
I joined 1 month after u I have 15 days playing time, when I see a new user join they get the occasional 'WELCOME!!' And then they either play for 30 mins or leave, yeah but we do need a way to keep more new users online.
  • alexshield10
    alexshield10
    alexshield10

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2013, 05:37:39 PM »
I am not in favor of this. The build stick is reserved to those who have shown an incredible amount of support for the server. OrangeBlueZ and SkyeHeart are two such individuals who have done so with their donations. If it is such a rank that would have this, it is for those who have shown this kind of support.

I do not see it being handed out for amy criteria other than supporting the server with a massive amount of donations. Play time only shows dedication, not an active support of the server.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2013, 06:12:23 PM »
I am not in favor of this. The build stick is reserved to those who have shown an incredible amount of support for the server. OrangeBlueZ and SkyeHeart are two such individuals who have done so with their donations. If it is such a rank that would have this, it is for those who have shown this kind of support.

I do not see it being handed out for amy criteria other than supporting the server with a massive amount of donations. Play time only shows dedication, not an active support of the server.

Alpha, this post was by no means in support of a Builder's Stick, it was in support of a much needed new rank to separate out the respected players from the rest.
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2013, 06:49:04 PM »
That does represent a sad decision by those willing to donate based off vT...

I do see issues with this. There are Goldys who act out of character, who were given their ranks by others. Goldys who have paid for their ranks are far less likely to act out of character. It's quite sad.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.