Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: New Shop and Money Idea  (Read 3599 times)

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
New Shop and Money Idea
« on: September 14, 2011, 01:45:37 PM »
In other servers that I have played on, there was a shop and money system set up that allowed you to gain money through killing mobs, pvp, or owning you own shop. I think it would be great if there was a central shop that allowed us to purchase any block we desire by using this money system as means of payment. This shop would also include items that are hard to obtain or unable to be obtained such as diamond, sponge, and bedrock.
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

ArronM

• Goldy VIP
  • IDTP Lead Developer
    • View Profile
    • ArronM
New Shop and Money Idea
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 02:14:23 PM »
I have a shop, which you can buy any item. If it is a rare item give me atleast 24 hour notice. AKA pre order it
  • ArronM
    ArronM
    ArronM
Kind Regards,
ArronM,
Lead IDTP Developer

Rick

New Shop and Money Idea
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 12:57:45 AM »
There was a shop like that in one of the old worlds. I'm surprised they got rid of it. But I support this idea, it's hard finding stacks and stacks of wood.

Caaaaarrrrlll

• Goldy VIP
  • Computer & Internet Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Carl Bennett
New Shop and Money Idea
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 01:04:32 AM »
Quote from: Rick;837
There was a shop like that in one of the old worlds. I'm surprised they got rid of it. But I support this idea, it's hard finding stacks and stacks of wood.
I made a bunch of stacks of wood earlier, but I spent them on 12x64 charcoal. :P

And I also believe that there was going to be a shop system, it just never got implemented yet. (delayed much??)

Besides, with everyone having a shop, you get almost no customers. For every shop to get a good amount of players to come, the server needs more players, not saying it doesn't have a lot already but it needs more.

When I ran a shop, I had two customers over a 4-week period (in real world time).
  • Caaaaarrrrlll
    Caaaaarrrrlll
    Caaaaarrrrlll

ryanteck

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
    • Ryanteck
New Shop and Money Idea
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 02:35:17 AM »
Pretty Much All IDP Feature Work has been paused because of a few things :
New Plugin Framework

These two are the main priority by Hret.

Anyway back to the idea :P

I was thinking:
Points For The Shop Can Be Earned By The Following
- PvP
- Voting

PvP Points Convert To 1 Point for every 5 E.g If you had 100 PvP Points you could convert them to 20 Points usable in the shop
Vote Points Convert To 2 Points for every 1 So 10 Vote points would give you 20 Points usable in the shop.
Then there would be a generic shop on innectis that used this currency that we could buy stuff from ( Automated Shop? )
The points could also then be used in trading e.g If you owned a shop you could accept this currency or use it for services e.g Games, Basic Building Services Ect.
  • ryanteck
    ryanteck
    ryanteck
Wow, such infractions, much sadness, plz uban for shibes all over the glob, sad much :C

ArronM

• Goldy VIP
  • IDTP Lead Developer
    • View Profile
    • ArronM
New Shop and Money Idea
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 03:43:01 AM »
From what hret was saying last night, he is doing a new map and there will be a 1.8 adventure map.

I get atleast 2 customers a day. Mainly cus im goldy and I have [SHOP OWNER] and /warp shop.
  • ArronM
    ArronM
    ArronM
Kind Regards,
ArronM,
Lead IDTP Developer

Hretsam

• Former Owner
  • Retired Staff
    • View Profile
New Shop and Money Idea
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 01:40:32 PM »
Well, like ryan said, i am mostly working on the new framework. As it will improve the server a lot.

Anyway, the shop system is something that has been planned for a long time.
I already got some basics done, so i will look into getting to work properly, and remove the nasty bugs out of it.
  • Hretsam
    Hretsam
    Hretsam

Caaaaarrrrlll

• Goldy VIP
  • Computer & Internet Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • Carl Bennett
New Shop and Money Idea
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 06:01:04 PM »
Quote from: ArronM;844
I get atleast 2 customers a day. Mainly cus im goldy and I have [SHOP OWNER] and /warp shop.
You can title that advertising your shop.

That's like going to Facebook and Twitter instead of smaller social networks that I can't even name here because I've only seen them once or twice. Advertising helps a lot.

Quote from: Hretsam;845
Well, like ryan said, i am mostly working on the new framework. As it will improve the server a lot.

Anyway, the shop system is something that has been planned for a long time.
I already got some basics done, so i will look into getting to work properly, and remove the nasty bugs out of it.

I still offer my services, if you need some help with IDP, even if I remain as VIP. I haven't gotten any replies even though I've announced myself three times now, it would be nice to know if you were doing anything more than "considering it."

As for the shop system, I know you're working on other higher priority stuffs, and I know that's why it's been delayed. I honestly don't care for the shop system as of right now since I haven't ever seen it in action/working, but that's not to say we don't need one or that it shouldn't be implemented; I'd love to see how it works and if it actually helps.

Regards,
- Jailout2000
  • Caaaaarrrrlll
    Caaaaarrrrlll
    Caaaaarrrrlll

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
New Shop and Money Idea
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 07:15:17 PM »
ArronM and I are fine with the shop set up he has right now. ArronM has developed his own method's of payment involving iron, gold, or diamond. Not sure if he plans to change this or not. This is NOT the server shop. It just happens to be the only shop for now. http://innectis.net/forum/showthread.php?193-ArronM-s-Shop!!!&p=874#post874
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 10:01:26 PM by Eggnaug »
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!