Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: When is the update?  (Read 4348 times)

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
When is the update?
« on: September 17, 2012, 03:27:09 PM »
We don't know yet! But, I do have this bit of news to tell you. We've taken the time to improve some areas of the IDP, along with fixing a bunch of bugs that have cropped up. We are learning from our mistakes, and would like to remove those kind of mistakes from our code.

I am also working on improving my own code, along with enhancing other areas of the code. There are routines that happen a certain way that neither Hret nor I really like, so we are working on making those things better. The ban system was completely re-written, to better handle ipbans, and bans in general. That was one of my goals for this update.

My latest task has been to fix torchlights. They will be fixed in the next release, although I anticipate that there might be a loss in performance due to how this is going to work. If this is the case, I will remove it by next update after that. Don't worry though! If that was the case that I had to remove it, I will try to bring it back when there is a more efficient means of doing so.

When Mojang updated Minecraft to 1.2.3, they changed the lighting system around, which made it client-side instead of server-side. This made our feature not work at all, and I also need to remove the ability to set light on a selection, as it is very buggy otherwise.

I felt like you guys needed an update, so that's why I wanted to explain just exactly has been going on for the past few weeks. And there you go!

The Innectis Development Team
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: When is the update?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 03:55:42 PM »
In regards to lighting, whats going on with the goldy feature that was removed, the glowstone helmet that lights up where you are if it's dark? Any work done or to be done on this? I found this feature really useful when I was able to use it.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

luetzj

• Retired Staff
  • Ancient Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 06:12:10 PM »
In regards to lighting, whats going on with the goldy feature that was removed, the glowstone helmet that lights up where you are if it's dark? Any work done or to be done on this? I found this feature really useful when I was able to use it.

If I havent forgotten, Lynxy said that it still worked server side, but the client couldn't see it. Bukkit's problem, not IDP's.
  • luetzj
    luetzj
    luetzj

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 06:51:25 PM »
This is what I was referring to when talking about torchlights. So yes, it will come back in the update, although in a different way.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 08:46:40 PM »
Ah, awesome! So excited, One of the best features I've used on Innectis.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

WhiteRaven22

• Goldy VIP
  • User Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 10:01:02 PM »
Quite honestly, I don't care if we get rid of torchlights; I never used that feature anyway.  I just want those random glowing blocks of air to stop ruining the sinister dark-lit look of some of my underground areas...  Even after I fix them they just come back on relog.  Many times in different places than before...  I had a feeling they weren't a client thing because they never seem to occur on my vanilla server.  Really really happy this should be getting fixed though!  This and the ender chest and written book problems are the only major bugs I'm looking foward to seeing fixed in the future; I haven't run into anything else that really bugs me about our server lately.

This room has absolutely no torches in it:

2012-09-17_21.55.49 by WhiteRavenTwentyTwo, on Flickr
  • WhiteRaven22
    WhiteRaven22
    WhiteRaven22
No one would say that what they were doing was complicated. It wouldn't even be considered new, except for maybe in the geological sense. They took from their surroundings what was needed and made of it something more.  -Primer, 2004

Dshumway62

• Administrator
  • Moderater
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 10:03:23 PM »
cool :)
  • MadJackJack
    MadJackJack
    MadJackJack

Nosliw

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • You can't hurt me, I'm a Jelly Fish..
    • View Profile
    • Uber Island
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 11:38:16 AM »
Been such a while since the last update, this one is starting to get a little bulky :S
  • Nosliw
    Nosliw
    Nosliw
I'm here to help.. With the following exception:

@EventHandler(priority = EventPriority.LOW)
public void onPlayerJoin(PlayerJoinEvent event) {
    Player player = event.getPlayer();
    if (player.getName().equals("SGT_ADZ") {
        player.kickPlayer("Yeah... Nah!");
        return;
    }
}

luetzj

• Retired Staff
  • Ancient Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 10:15:24 PM »
In the new update, 2 of my suggestions were used, one directly and one indirectly.  ;D
  • luetzj
    luetzj
    luetzj

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 12:02:12 PM »
In the new update, 2 of my suggestions were used, one directly and one indirectly.  ;D
Which were those?
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend

luetzj

• Retired Staff
  • Ancient Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2012, 04:15:48 PM »
Which were those?

The NoLightning flag (Noportal I think it's called) and the bouncing on beds. (bounce sign)

• luetzj
    luetzj
    luetzj