Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: We have updated to Minecraft 1.3.1!  (Read 5004 times)

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
We have updated to Minecraft 1.3.1!
« on: August 10, 2012, 07:53:23 PM »
It's been a week since Mojang released Minecraft 1.3.1. A lot has happened between Minecraft 1.2.5 and Minecraft 1.3.1, and I'm happy to say that a lot has happened with Innectis as well, both in the IDP, as well as in the community. We had a lot of stuff to do, and I actually took care of most of it. I will outline the changes below:

Let me first start by saying that ryanteck has created an official TF2 (Team Fortress 2) server found at tf2.innectis.net. I have created an official IRC channel found by going to the channel #Innectis on irc.innectis.net. See that topic here. This branches us out a bit more than we already are.

Now onto the community. Within the last week, we had some terrible drama unfold. Through it all, we had to make a few changes amongst the staff. We didn't like this, but it had to happen. Through the experience of the last week, I'm sure that it can make us stronger to handle any future incidents.

This next part goes into details on new things that we've done new with the IDP. First off, we've moved the main world onto the Old World, like we had once before, and created a new map, complete with all generation features up to Minecraft 1.3.1! (No longer are we stuck on a map generated with Minecraft beta 1.8!!!) Not only that, but due to the fact we were running vanilla for a few days, players actually liked that experience of survival.

As such, we have upgraded freebuild. First off, it has a new inventory, and only checks interactions on lots. This also means that things like iron doors will not open by right-clicking them, as well as other things. You must do the same things that you do in vanilla minecraft. Take note that if you don't want to get griefed, get killed, or have items stolen out of your chests, do not go to freebuild, simple enough. We know that a lot of players will enjoy this about freebuild.

By moving the main world to the old world, this is an opportunity for players to move their lots onto the main world. I don't really plan to keep old world past a certain amount of time. This is so we can transfer lots between the worlds. This will also remove the clutter from lots that players have not used in a long time, which mainly includes lots outside the lot areas.

Now onto the development part of IDP. As Hret has become busy with college and other stuff, he has been looking for a new developer. He and I have been talking for over a month on a potential new developer, and we have finally found one! I would like to have the privilege of welcoming Nosliw to the team! He has already been on it for over a week, but we kept that secret :P. He has mostly been working on the fort world, but he also has done a few other things. That brings the team to Hret, myself, Lynxy, and Nosliw!

We have progressed far since our days as Otakucraftians, and we only seem to get better every update! If you look back at the features we had, things looked pretty grim! However, since acquiring his first developer, Lynxy, Hret has allowed the possibility of more people than himself to put their own unique ideas into IDP. Doing so will make us even better! Anyways, that's it for now. Enjoy IDP on the new Minecraft 1.3.1!

Innectis Staff
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
Re: We have updated to Minecraft 1.3.1!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 09:06:19 PM »
No longer are we stuck on a map generated with Minecraft beta 1.8!!!)

The map was from 1.7.3

And Congrats to Nosliw!!!
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: We have updated to Minecraft 1.3.1!