Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Why Innectis should reset...  (Read 7338 times)

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
Re: Why Innectis should reset...
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 10:46:41 AM »
Obviously it will be a new seed, so there may not be a winter biome at spawn like there was when we updated from BETA to the full game LOL.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

Skye

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 12:22:02 PM »
I like midnights idea of a selective approach, maybe have a huge storage for players and only have a certain amount of space to store items. Even so I already new about the new world we was getting because it is becoming a pain for some of the admins with the world edit/reset chunks because of new terrain.

FYI in the new world it should be a place without snow, or desert. a Flatlands biome or forest would be preferred xD
Biomes are random and can't be changed.

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 12:47:05 PM »
Skye: https://github.com/Bukkit/CraftBukkit/commit/6d198be88856379f14f70b8e2d1ace66bd6f1ab7

With that, it is possible to even remove the winter biome from the current spawn. However, I'm not familiar with how this entirely works yet. We may add something in the future to manipulate biomes like this.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2012, 01:21:25 PM »
I like midnights idea of a selective approach, maybe have a huge storage for players and only have a certain amount of space to store items. Even so I already new about the new world we was getting because it is becoming a pain for some of the admins with the world edit/reset chunks because of new terrain.

FYI in the new world it should be a place without snow, or desert. a Flatlands biome or forest would be preferred xD

I actually think the new world should be generated normally, but with the BigBiomes on.

I actually think the world should be a sky world where it's a floating lot area and everyones lots are glass domes, it adds that certain cool aspect to a new funky lot area.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

Midnight

• Super VIP
  • Graphic Designer and Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2012, 01:46:01 PM »
Also, I think that the new lot area should be in a corner of the map, giving room for expansion of the lot area outward, and giving users more room to explore, just to add to what I said earlier.
  • I_Midnight_I
    I_Midnight_I
    I_Midnight_I
Graphic Designer and gamer.
My work: http://retrodzn.daportfolio.com/
My Stream: twitch.tv/richardtickle
PCS+ R9 290, i7-4790K, 16GB G Skill Ram, 2 128GB SSD's, one 2T&1TB&3TB HDD(s), Asus 1080P 144Hz main monitor, 1440P 2nd, AOC 1080P 3rd.

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2012, 03:07:28 PM »

I actually think the new world should be generated normally, but with the BigBiomes on.

I think it would be nice if we had multiple lot areas each in a different biome. (excluding snow, mountain, mushroom, ocean, and desert)
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

Matrix_0

• VIP
  • Good Day :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2012, 04:10:41 PM »
Wouldn't it be possible to just reset the map under say ten levels from the level the lot areas are on?
Also wouldn't the reszone be a 1.3 map anyway seeing as that is reset? Also the lot area, in my opinion, isn't for mining anyway, so a reset is pointless.
I also think the idea of a vt and item reset is delusional and would cause many players to become less active and maybe even quit due to spite of loosing all their items, I know that I would be rather irritated if such a thing were to happen.
But thats just my opinion.
Also why are people fussed about the economy? Its a persons right to choose to sell diamonds for 30vT or 100vT, or whatever they choose to sell it for.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 04:15:06 PM by Matrix_0 »
  • Matrix_0
    Matrix_0
    Matrix_0

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2012, 07:21:28 PM »
Wouldn't it be possible to just reset the map under say ten levels from the level the lot areas are on?
Also wouldn't the reszone be a 1.3 map anyway seeing as that is reset? Also the lot area, in my opinion, isn't for mining anyway, so a reset is pointless.
I also think the idea of a vt and item reset is delusional and would cause many players to become less active and maybe even quit due to spite of loosing all their items, I know that I would be rather irritated if such a thing were to happen.
Also why are people fussed about the economy? Its a persons right to choose to sell diamonds for 30vT or 100vT, or whatever they choose to sell it for.

The current main world map is from 1.7.3

It's kind of my fault that the price of diamonds was lowered.
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

Matrix_0

• VIP
  • Good Day :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2012, 10:56:23 AM »

I know but I dont see the problem with it being 1.7.3 if it isn't the area for mining. And what I was asking was if you could reset the map below a certain point, for the people who desperatly want 1.2.5 generation, to be honest though I prefer 1.7.3 generation.
Also in my opinion it being a 1.7.3 map kind of nostalgic.
And about the diamond prices that was only an example I could say that about the price of anything, but I chose diamond because that was mentioned in the original post.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 11:03:16 AM by Matrix_0 »
  • Matrix_0
    Matrix_0
    Matrix_0

luetzj

• Retired Staff
  • Ancient Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2012, 12:29:09 PM »

I know but I dont see the problem with it being 1.7.3 if it isn't the area for mining. And what I was asking was if you could reset the map below a certain point, for the people who desperatly want 1.2.5 generation, to be honest though I prefer 1.7.3 generation.
Also in my opinion it being a 1.7.3 map kind of nostalgic.
And about the diamond prices that was only an example I could say that about the price of anything, but I chose diamond because that was mentioned in the original post.

I would hate to see all of this work go. Could we have a "old" world with the current main world map and a "new" world with all of the new stuff in it?
  • luetzj
    luetzj
    luetzj

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2012, 02:11:28 PM »
My reason to reset the main world is purely to allow for the new terrain features to take effect. Sure, we could select massive areas and regenerate them to get new world features, and that may actually work.

That would certainly be less of a hassle then what we'd have to do right now, which would be to move every lot, and then copy it back. Either way, we have to figure out what to do.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2012, 02:19:15 PM »
My reason to reset the main world is purely to allow for the new terrain features to take effect. Sure, we could select massive areas and regenerate them to get new world features, and that may actually work.

That would certainly be less of a hassle then what we'd have to do right now, which would be to move every lot, and then copy it back. Either way, we have to figure out what to do.

Or you could add an extra world? Because then people wouldn't be moaning about losing their treasured creations.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2012, 11:00:13 PM »

Or you could add an extra world? Because then people wouldn't be moaning about losing their treasured creations.

The more worlds there are, the more memory used.
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2012, 02:58:14 PM »

The more worlds there are, the more memory used.

True Innectis runs at max memory very regularly.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ