Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Nether  (Read 8990 times)

puregold218

• VIP
  • You can't have everything.Where would you put it?
    • View Profile
Nether
« on: May 31, 2012, 11:59:52 AM »
I think we should reset the nether every month or so.  That way if someone breaks a blaze spawner it would just come back in the next reset
  • puregold218
    puregold218
    puregold218
Always forgive your enemy's...Nothing annoys them more.

Nosliw

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • You can't hurt me, I'm a Jelly Fish..
    • View Profile
    • Uber Island
Re: Nether
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 12:12:33 PM »
Multiple people have built bases/homes in the nether, if it was reset every month or so, then people would loose alot of progress, and it would simply become a world for gathering resources..
  • Nosliw
    Nosliw
    Nosliw
I'm here to help.. With the following exception:

@EventHandler(priority = EventPriority.LOW)
public void onPlayerJoin(PlayerJoinEvent event) {
    Player player = event.getPlayer();
    if (player.getName().equals("SGT_ADZ") {
        player.kickPlayer("Yeah... Nah!");
        return;
    }
}

Skye

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 12:24:03 PM »
No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

luetzj

• Retired Staff
  • Ancient Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 04:56:04 PM »
-1 for this idea because like what nos said, many people have farms and other building in the nether. We have changed the spawn a few times so changing the spawn might be better than changing the entire nether map.
  • luetzj
    luetzj
    luetzj

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 04:59:21 PM »
Multiple people have built bases/homes in the nether, if it was reset every month or so, then people would loose alot of progress, and it would simply become a world for gathering resources..

The nether isn't the place your supposed to set up your home...if it was, a lot area would be made there, but there isn't soooo
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 06:25:28 PM »
I do thin we are due for a Nether reset. Maybe like a reset every two months would be better. If I'm not mistaken, we've had this current Nether since December.
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

GSTa2000

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2012, 06:29:11 PM »
i really dont like this pure.
People have set up nether wart farms, little bases, great adjustments to nether forts.
Everyone would be totally pissed off.
  • GSta2000
    GSta2000
    GSta2000
Blap Blap

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 06:42:51 PM »
The Nether isn't suppose to be a place for building. Also Wart Farms are easy to replace.
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2012, 06:44:20 PM »

The nether isn't the place your supposed to set up your home...if it was, a lot area would be made there, but there isn't soooo

There is a Nether Lot Area in Main World. Everything would be fine if they added a Wart Farm Feature in Main World
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2012, 09:19:00 PM »

There is a Nether Lot Area in Main World. Everything would be fine if they added a Wart Farm Feature in Main World

Agreed, but i still don't know who would want to set up a home in the nether...if u sleep in a bed it blows up like...
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

StarScythe7

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2012, 10:58:17 PM »
I also think we're due for a Nether reset. I have Nether bases, but It wouldn't be hard to make another. As others have said, the Nether is NOT a place for building, it's a resource zone.
  • StarScythe7
    StarScythe7
    StarScythe7

Skye

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 11:55:44 PM »
No. The nether should never be reset. Innectis is fair to all it's players. Do you know I spend 90% of my time in the nether? Did you know BOTH of my homes are in the nether? Did you know I rarely edit my lots in Main World because I build in the nether?

The nether isn't the place your supposed to set up your home...
The Nether isn't suppose to be a place for building. Also Wart Farms are easy to replace.
As others have said, the Nether is NOT a place for building, it's a resource zone.
Who are you to say this? No one can define what the nether is for. It is what you want it to be, but it's not something -you- can ever define.

I do thin we are due for a Nether reset. Maybe like a reset every two months would be better.
This seriously doens't need to happen either. Do you people not realize the nether is as big reszone, if bigger. Just because everyone is too lazy to explore for Glowstone and Nether brick, doesn't mean it needs to be reset.

Specific areas of the nether can be regenerated using a command, the whole map doesn't need to be erased. All of my creations don't need to be erased because you're all too lazy to look for Glowstone.

it's a resource zone.
Admins have said previously it's not a resource zone. Why do you think we can't use TinyWE.

Think people.

tommykins20

• Goldy VIP
  • Hi, I'm Tommy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 03:35:51 AM »
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 03:38:07 AM by tommykins20 »
  • tommykins20
    tommykins20
    tommykins20
I love the good old OC days

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 04:08:34 AM »
The only reason you cannot use tinyWE is because there are only 5 block types. Like the reszone, you can collect resources. The longer the wait for a reset, the harder it becomes to collect netherbrick and glowstone.
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2012, 04:51:04 AM »
The nether is a good place to gather blocks that you can take to the main world. Also, it's a good place to harvest glowstone, so you can make glowstone blocks to act as lightposts in your overworld lots.

I would never agree on TinyWE, because the nether does not reset very much, so you would be able to farm a large amount of blocks in the nether.

I'm honestly not sure what to say about this. I agree with Skye in that players' previously placed farms and buildings they constructed would be gone. However, I also think it would be nice to regen to get fresh features.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.