Author Topic: Free Cloud for 6 months!  (Read 1296 times)

Beansofham

• View Profile
Free Cloud for 6 months!
« on: February 09, 2011, 10:17:35 AM »
I just know a little bit about cloud servers at the moment, but I thought that this was too good of a deal for me to pass up and I figured I'd share it with all of you.  I barely know anything about cloud servers, so I need to do some research before I debate on signing up for it.  As you may already know, [size="4"]N[/size]ET[size="4"]H[/size]OSTING is currently providing six months of services of their cloud server for six months for beta testers.  I don't know how long this offer will last for, but they do ask for your name, number and E-mail, so I'm sure that they are selecting the best people that they can to try them out.  I could not find out what the requirements for this are, nor could I find a ToS specifically towards this service, so I have to presume that the regular ToS of their web hosting services apply.  To all those that are interested, good luck!

Here is the link:  http://www.nethosting.com/products/dedicated-hosting/beta-cloud-testers-need-now

John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Free Cloud for 6 months!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 01:55:07 AM »
Keep in mind, Google OS also uses the "Cloud" approach to data management. TBH, it's supposedly more secure than normal data management as it means only bits and pieces of your data are in one spot. By separating the data, rotating encryption keys every startup and shutdown, it is actually, in theory, safer then normal computing, that is, until someone figures out a way to hack it.
[quote name=\'FireFox@Azeroth\']Scripting Run-time Error 9: Subscript out of range: Too many wires behind the desk![/quote]

[color=\"#4169E1\"]ITR Account Name: [/color][color=\"#FFA500\"]Kiatos[/color]

James

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Free Cloud for 6 months!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 04:35:19 AM »
To add on John's feedback, Windows 8 will offer a highly-secure and highly-efficient cloud storage service as part of a feature of its operating system to its users when it gets released in 2012. The beta should be released late this year.

John

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Free Cloud for 6 months!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 01:23:02 AM »
GoogleOS is already in beta, which btw, I am testing.

Also: LINK MEH TO WIN8!
[quote name=\'FireFox@Azeroth\']Scripting Run-time Error 9: Subscript out of range: Too many wires behind the desk![/quote]

[color=\"#4169E1\"]ITR Account Name: [/color][color=\"#FFA500\"]Kiatos[/color]

HydroPlain

• View Profile
Free Cloud for 6 months!
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 08:07:40 AM »
what are cloud servers?

HydroPlain

• View Profile
Free Cloud for 6 months!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 09:45:29 AM »
lets see....

Vector

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Free Cloud for 6 months!
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 07:21:12 PM »
Our VPS is a part of "cloud based computing." It's having access to something without the knowledge of how to set it up, it is already set up for you. E-mail is a form of it too, because you don't need to know how your e-mail is set up, it's already there for you, and you can access it from anywhere.

Cloud based computing is really virtualization (fail, FireFox doesn't recognize this word....