Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: On recent events  (Read 4302 times)

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
On recent events
« on: March 26, 2014, 05:47:07 PM »
I must sincerely apologize for what happened the other day. The server is now back 6 days because of a mistake that I shall make sure never happens again. Since the backup was 6 days old, that also means some lots that were moved to the new world ended up not being there. The original area was preserved but nothing exists. Unfortunately, if a new user had a lot within those 6 days, only the area remains, and the owner would have to see the work for themselves. I can restore the lots that were moved within the 6 days but I'd have to know who had their lots moved.

In other news... yesterday was also the day I updated to a new version of IDP. This version also came with it something that I am certain put the nail on the memory leak issue for good. I know this from analyzing the server memory afterwards and not finding any outstanding issues. That said, I can finally move forward with other plans, involving more optimizations and eventually a big update with IDP 9.1.0.

Sorry for the troubles guys and I hope to move way past this.

Happy mining!
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
Re: On recent events
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 06:01:22 PM »
Note: The world maps were not effected. Only newly created lot's were lost. The builds are still there, but the owner of the new lots is not set.
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!