Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Why Innectis should reset...  (Read 7335 times)

ArronM

• Goldy VIP
  • IDTP Lead Developer
    • View Profile
    • ArronM
Why Innectis should reset...
« on: July 04, 2012, 02:55:07 PM »
Okay first of all guys, this map is from BETA 1.7.3, so it is very old. There is very common errors when using WorldEdit, TinyWorldEdit and when resetting lots due to the new chunks, so a new map would be good for a start.

A second reason is, Innectis no longer has any "rare" items because they have become too common. 30vT for a diamond is delusional, thats why I think we should have a complete new map with a new inventory and all vT reset. This would create a better economy due to the higher ranks easy mining and selling it to the lower ranks who kill the mobs. This would get the system going properly and we would have no "leaked" blocks from TinyWE abuses.

Regards,
ArronM,
Depressed.
  • ArronM
    ArronM
    ArronM
Kind Regards,
ArronM,
Lead IDTP Developer

Skye

Re: Why Innectis should reset...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 03:41:23 PM »
Yes, the world should, and most likely will be reset with the 1.3 update, due to new ores, and it's needed.

As for items, and the sort... I don't think that's too good of an idea...

StarScythe7

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 03:47:08 PM »
I don't think a complete economy reset would be a good idea, too many people put a lot of time into collecting their items and vT, sure it -might- fix the economy, but it may also cause us to lose the community. I believe what we actually need is more "Money-Sinks", to help get rid of the total vT on the server, thus increasing vT's value. And I don't mean a server shop that sells blocks, that would only change (most likely lower) the value of the block. What we need is something like teleporting the Nether costing vT. One example of a money-sink that we currently have is Nether Lots, however the problem with these is that not many people seem to be interested in them, or they are too expensive.

However I think come 1.3 a World reset would be good, but not a complete inventory/balance reset.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 04:48:28 PM by StarScythe7 »
  • StarScythe7
    StarScythe7
    StarScythe7

TheNightProject

• The Destroyer Of Galaxy's Has ARRIVED!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 04:22:54 PM »
A Server Reset is going to cause a lot of people to quit most likely that or a panic which would be catastrophic...
  • TheNightProject
    TheNightProject
    TheNightProject
Is It Killing Time Yet?

GSTa2000

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 06:09:29 PM »
Like TheNightProject said. If the server restarted I would quit the server completely and come back for about 10 mins just to say hi. Arron, I dont see whats wrong with the economy now. I could name a list of rare blocks. How is 30vt for a diamond delusional? Depending if the economy is reset or not, this may even be cheaper or same.
I do not see what is wrong with tinyWE at the moment, it's working fine with me.
I am completely against this.
  • GSta2000
    GSta2000
    GSta2000
Blap Blap

guineaman56

• Retired Staff
  • END ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 06:49:10 PM »
If I lost my rare blocks, I'd flip out. That is all. Kidding, of course, but seriously. This is not a good idea. It'd cause a huge uproar from people. I understand the new ores and stuff, but those can just be regenerated into the resource zone, if I'm not mistaken. So even if you can't find emeralds in your own lot, it's not that big a deal. And plus, emerald's only use is buying from NPC's, which we already have an economic system for, hence why vT reset would be a bad idea. While I don't have much, other people do. They might be a bit steamed when they come on to find their 9001 vT gone, heck, it might cause them to leave the server, like what happened with Skye a while back.

Adios,

Guin
  • guineaman56
    guineaman56
    guineaman56

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 06:49:36 PM »
If the map was reset, people would lose many of their cherished creations that they put hours/days/weeks even months to build.
The only reason the server economy is ''bad'' is because people got excited over the new currency and they thought they need vT. It defeats the whole purpose of survival. Thats what Innectis is, a survival server. This is why it attracted me. The addition of vT was a bad idea to be honest because If people don't have something, They just go and buy it. That defeats the whole purpose of survival. Survival is when you gather your own resources and create things from them.
People who have built awesome things with survival before vT was introduced:
StarScythe7
Guineaman56
Sciamancer
Eggnaug
And Many more.

I know the amount of effort the Development team have put into the economy and I would like to see the economy go completely and go back to trading items. You get ''More Bang for your Buck'' that way. Your not always receiving the same items in a trade. Your getting something different most of the time. I have to admit I thought when the vT was introduced I thought it was cool. But now, after seeing the decreasing value of blocks, I want to get rid of it. The whole point of survival is to show off your survival skills and produce from them. Goldies should have No-Hunger disabled permanently, The Lot areas should be reset, The Nether should be reset, and The Creative world should be made bigger.
I am totally against having the economy reset. I am for getting rid of the economy and probably will be the only one.
I am against having the ''world'' reset but I would like to see a reset of the 3 lot areas and a new looking spawns for the lot areas. The spawns are old and a bit dull. The jail shouldn't be underneath the spawn. We could make a space jail and it be a dome and have cells around the edge of the dome and the area it is built on should be like the moon. It would make the jailed person feel as if there is only one way out.

That is all and thanks for reading my ''rant''
-SGT
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 09:04:26 PM »
Goldies should have No-Hunger disabled permanently

It's not fair to take away No-Hunger. It is one of the incentive's to donate. Not too many people would be happy with taking too many features away.
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 09:24:09 PM »

It's not fair to take away No-Hunger. It is one of the incentive's to donate. Not too many people would be happy with taking too many features away.

I get where your coming from egg, but It could be replaced with a different feature.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

Skye

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 12:51:23 AM »

I get where your coming from egg, but It could be replaced with a different feature.
You can turn hunger on. I have hunger on. lol

mercenaryfrost

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 01:24:22 AM »
Overall, bad idea. You can't just clear the board mid-game.
  • mercenaryfrost
    mercenaryfrost
    mercenaryfrost
" If it's illegal to rock n' roll, throw me in jail " - Kurt Cobain

Midnight

• Super VIP
  • Graphic Designer and Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 01:26:59 AM »
Alright, I'm all for the world reset, but only when 1.3 comes out, defo for the new ores, etc, its just that we wouldn't get anything new if we didn't. As for the economy, I know many people won't like this either, but I think we should have a vT reset, and all stores and shops be cleared (all items given back of course), going back to the world reset, I think our inventories should not join that group, so that anything really valuable to us can stay, things like cobble, dirt, and other basic items aren't really needed, same with the nether, that should also be reset. Basically I'm all for a "selective" reset to say, but I think the world reset, and nether reset should wait til 1.3, but the shops/stores should be wiped and all items given back to users.

Hopefully this puts some thought to mind.

-Midnight

• I_Midnight_I
    I_Midnight_I
    I_Midnight_I
Graphic Designer and gamer.
My work: http://retrodzn.daportfolio.com/
My Stream: twitch.tv/richardtickle
PCS+ R9 290, i7-4790K, 16GB G Skill Ram, 2 128GB SSD's, one 2T&1TB&3TB HDD(s), Asus 1080P 144Hz main monitor, 1440P 2nd, AOC 1080P 3rd.

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 04:51:09 AM »
The economy would never go. The chest shops wouldn't be needed anymore, and the upcoming shop system wouldn't be needed either. We can fix things without taking the economy out of Innectis.

When we begin the resetting of the main world, we will have a selection period where people who want their lots preserved may reply to a topic that is created when the process begins. Bear in mind this is a process we don't want to do, because it involves a lot of work. However, I feel it must be done anyways. New lot area spawns, new lot area layout, newly generated world.

These things must be done, and they can bring about change as well. SGT, I'm not sure where we'd be without an economy, but I don't want to experiment and see what happens if our economy goes. iConomy is a leading economy plugin, so I feel as if an economy on Innectis is a great idea. Sure, it's survival, and players could just buy the items that they're missing, but it requires them to search for the item being sold as well.

We will figure out how to do this when the time comes.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

ArronM

• Goldy VIP
  • IDTP Lead Developer
    • View Profile
    • ArronM
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 08:34:00 AM »
I like midnights idea of a selective approach, maybe have a huge storage for players and only have a certain amount of space to store items. Even so I already new about the new world we was getting because it is becoming a pain for some of the admins with the world edit/reset chunks because of new terrain.

FYI in the new world it should be a place without snow, or desert. a Flatlands biome or forest would be preferred xD
  • ArronM
    ArronM
    ArronM
Kind Regards,
ArronM,
Lead IDTP Developer

StarScythe7

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 09:04:32 AM »
I like midnights idea of a selective approach, maybe have a huge storage for players and only have a certain amount of space to store items. Even so I already new about the new world we was getting because it is becoming a pain for some of the admins with the world edit/reset chunks because of new terrain.

FYI in the new world it should be a place without snow, or desert. a Flatlands biome or forest would be preferred xD

I actually think the new world should be generated normally, but with the BigBiomes on.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 09:06:43 AM by StarScythe7 »
  • StarScythe7
    StarScythe7
    StarScythe7