Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Innectis is under attack!  (Read 3462 times)

gohkamikaze

• Goldy VIP
  • Vi veri universum vivus vici.
    • View Profile
Innectis is under attack!
« on: February 24, 2012, 05:20:55 AM »
Innectis has recently been the target for several scams/phishing endeavours from some unknown source. Given that these attacks have been increasing in frequency as of late, I think it's about time we reviewed who exactly is allowed to access these forums. Is it possible to set up a register that links together with both the server and the forums that logs server playtime? I believe that denying forum access to serverside Guests or completely nonrelated 3rd parties would reduce the amount of spam posting from such parties.

I mean, let's face it: Sooner or later, some naive young Innectian is going to click on one of those links and find themselves in a world of trouble. This needs to end.
  • gohKamikaze
    gohKamikaze
    gohKamikaze
Hi. My name's gohKamikaze. I Reddit and stuff.

Quote from: The Cloak
'Between you and me Yuric, I think those Ruskies need a good kick in the balls. Right in the testicles, the source of their commie power.'

StarScythe7

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Innectis is under attack!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 08:09:27 AM »
Just a quick question....Did we have a Recaptcha or something for Registering? If not I suggest we get one added....
  • StarScythe7
    StarScythe7
    StarScythe7

gohkamikaze

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 09:00:54 AM »
Just a quick question....Did we have a Recaptcha or something for Registering? If not I suggest we get one added....

And quickly, too. I just counted another post since this thread went live.
  • gohKamikaze
    gohKamikaze
    gohKamikaze

'Between you and me Yuric, I think those Ruskies need a good kick in the balls. Right in the testicles, the source of their commie power.'

zer0k

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 12:38:07 PM »
Wait so are you saying that I can't really get pregnant in 4 weeks?  :'(

Nosliw

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • You can't hurt me, I'm a Jelly Fish..
    • View Profile
    • Uber Island
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 12:56:57 PM »
I believe that Ryan is going to try and work on an e-mail verification system.
  • Nosliw
    Nosliw
    Nosliw
I'm here to help.. With the following exception:

@EventHandler(priority = EventPriority.LOW)
public void onPlayerJoin(PlayerJoinEvent event) {
    Player player = event.getPlayer();
    if (player.getName().equals("SGT_ADZ") {
        player.kickPlayer("Yeah... Nah!");
        return;
    }
}

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 02:29:42 PM »
E-mail validation seems to be enabled...... this must be a recent thing, because the spam bots that signed up seemed to be using invalid e-mail addresses, which e-mail registration would prevent them from registering an account with.

If push comes to shove, we will need the StopForumSpam plugin (www.stopforumspam.com, which is a guaranteed success in stopping spam. It consists of a global network that forums connect to to stop forum spam, detecting bad usernames/e-mail addresses/IP Addresses.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

ryanteck

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
    • Ryanteck
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 04:49:28 PM »
This mass wave seems to have been blocked now,

Most spam bots do auto email verify now and people can now even make automated scripts to solve CAPCHAS, heres a quote from one service

Don’t let CAPTCHAs get in the way of your marketing goals! With Death by Captcha, you can bypass any CAPTCHA from any website. All you need to do is implement our API, pass us your CAPTCHAs and we’ll return the text. It’s that easy!

If you still don’t have any marketing tools, check our Featured Software page to find the best marketing software of the web.

Death by Captcha Offers:

An incredible low price of $1.39 for 1000 solved CAPTCHAs.
A hybrid system composed of the most advanced OCR system on the market, along with a 24/7 team of CAPTCHA solvers.
An average response time of 17 seconds, with an average accuracy rate of 90% or more. And you always pay for correctly solved CAPTCHA only!
Easy-to-use API available for most popular programming languages.
DeCaptcher and Antigate (Anti-Captcha) API support to make migration to Death by Captcha as easy as possible.

So it would only cost me using this service $1.39 to solve 1000 CAPTCHAS and sign up ~ 28 accounts at 17 seconds each.

Then i can even code an email auto verification.

I just added the mod alpha said to and even that has not seen any of these accounts as spam 0.o

Update: The mods are picking up the users now. I just banned everything from one hosting company from where they seem to be always a source for the spam.

Hopefully it will be ended now. We have won this battle for sure, But we may not have won the war!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 04:55:56 PM by ryanteck »
  • ryanteck
    ryanteck
    ryanteck
Wow, such infractions, much sadness, plz uban for shibes all over the glob, sad much :C

gohkamikaze

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 12:08:24 PM »
All hail Alphablend and Ryanteck, Saviours of the Innectis Forums! :P
  • gohKamikaze
    gohKamikaze
    gohKamikaze