Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: The update is here, now let's destroy, not build!  (Read 5355 times)

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
The update is here, now let's destroy, not build!
« on: March 09, 2017, 03:07:46 AM »
Well, the time has come for the last week of the server's existence. I wish it didn't have to get to this point, but alas we are here. Some of the server's builds have been around for around 6 years or so, so there is quite a lot of history here. Rather than just let everything go quietly, I figure we could just celebrate by destroying everything. Kind of weird, isn't it? That alone can create memories. Given the fact that we will have no server after March 15, there's no better way than to see it out in a way that will be remembered.

I can remember the TNT party on a map of a previous server that I had built some stuff on with some friends. Seeing everything get destroyed was at a time that I really liked to be a part of, even though we were destroying stuff it took a long time to build. Gosh that was memorable; the build, the TNT event, everything. That event was partly the inspiration of what I'm doing here; taking all the hard work and destroying it all, with a backup of course. It makes for some good memories that I hope I won't only remember, but you guys too. I encourage you to take videos of it as well that can be posted on youtube or somewhere else. I have a video of what we built here (one of our builders was Fangula):

As part of this update, there are some interesting changes that I want to note:

• You may now build/destroy anywhere
  • Everyone may use /lights on to see underground. Helps if you're just blowing holes in the earth
  • Arrows explode on impact
  • Right-clicking with a stick will make a huge explosion
  • Everyone is in creative mode, so no one takes damage
  • Right-clicking entities will cause a huge explosion
  • Fires will burn everywhere, unrestricted

When March 15 approaches, the plan is to continue maintaining the forums, at least for a year after or so, also allowing you guys to download the world files. There will also be backups of the worlds prior to this week long event. I will also publicize the IDP after the server closes. I'm also thinking of finishing the statistics part of the changelog system to get some in-depth statistics on the latest changelog data.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 03:09:27 AM by AlphaBlend »
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
Re: The update is here, now let's destroy, not build!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 05:39:22 PM »
Hmm everyone in creative mode so they cant die. Time for me to brew some potions of instant death. It's so potent that it kills admins too.
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

CanadianR

• Server Moderator
  • Beaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 09:01:12 PM »
Final Screenshot:

Thanks, guys. Once again, Skype is Canadianguy01 and my twitter is @TheCanadianR

Add me or follow me and feel free to stay in touch.

;-;

P.S: I am now starting to change to another server. Message me on one of those platforms for the IP
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 09:06:27 PM by CanadianR »
  • CanadianR
    CanadianR
    CanadianR

Only Beaver in Innectis History

RickTheRuler

• VIP
  • Wake up John.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 05:27:01 PM »
Damn I had some great memories on this server going all the way back to Otakucraft. I'm upset I wasn't able to make it for the event.
  • RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler

luetzj

• Retired Staff
  • Ancient Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 09:24:48 PM »
It's sad to see it go, but I wish the best of all of you - especially Alpha for his providing a place that always had something fun to do (and his tolerance of my younger self's antics!). Thank you for the years of fun and friendships that you provided for us!
  • luetzj
    luetzj
    luetzj

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 11:01:54 AM »
Best of luck to all of you. All things considered, it was nice knowing all of you.
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning