Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: We have moved to Discord!  (Read 2915 times)

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
We have moved to Discord!
« on: November 16, 2016, 08:51:15 PM »
We have been using Skype as our main chat platform for the community for years now. Over time it seems to just keep losing its relevance, as not a lot of activity has been seen in the channel over a long period of time. Now, 3 months ago you guys were polled on what chat platform you'd like us to move to: Skype, Slack, Discord, or TeamSpeak. The majority of you chose Discord, by a large margin (though only 21 people voted, 13 chose discord).

It is my pleasure to say that we are officially moving from Skype to Discord! This chat platform performs what Skype did but allows much more! One thing I've really wanted was good moderation, something Skype is poor at. Another good thing is the channel system. There are other features that make it superior to Skype. This is where our interviews will also take place when interviewing new staff for Innectis.

Some of you may not have even heard of Discord at all, or aren't really familiar with it at all. For that reason I won't do away with the Skype group yet. I'll allow people to transition over a period of time, until the channel loses its relevance. That way the process is done in a comfortable way.

Now, you guys probably want to know the link, so I'll just wrap this announcement up. I hope that this move becomes a positive one, and can bring the community closer together.

Here's the link to join our Discord by the way: http://discord.innectis.net
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 01:57:39 AM by AlphaBlend »
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.