Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: A 5 year glimpse into the development of the IDP  (Read 2397 times)

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
A 5 year glimpse into the development of the IDP
« on: August 21, 2016, 11:31:01 PM »
On July 26, 2011 the IDP moved from an SVN version control system to Git. For those of you who don't know, version control systems allow you to have a great amount of control over your development project. You can do things like go back to a certain time in the project, make tags to identify code up to a certain point (used in IDP to tag server updates), and work on multiple things through the use of branches, to allow modification of code without interfering with the main set of code (useful for working on different versions of the same code while keeping them separate).

Well I'd like to release some of the information produced about the 5 years of development of IDP. This is the most comprehensive form of data ever released about IDP. Nothing I don't want to reveal will be given in this report but it will give a lot of details about our development.

There are some inconsistencies that I'd like to point out. First one is the "5 authors" on the main page. That's an error as some of the project history doesn't have correct information. I already fixed some inconsistencies that were there, but still have to fix some others. Also, the million plus lines added/removed from the project had to do with some documentation added to the project but was later removed which will interfere with some of the project details.

This set of documents refers to a "commit" which adds new changes to a project. The code can be any length in size and affects one or more files.

Here is the link to the gitstats page: http://files.innectis.net/Gitstats%20report
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.