Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Hate?  (Read 3732 times)

SpellThief

• New User :)
    • View Profile
Hate?
« on: July 17, 2014, 09:00:47 PM »
How long has it been, a year, almost 2? and I think I've asked 3-4 times to know when i would be unbanned, and every time I've gotten 'unknown' every time, I've been through a lot in the time i haven't been around you people, but a lot of the reasons I've been banned in the past is from being agitated by other players and simple things that happen day to day... life is hell, we all know it. all i want is to know when i can come back, if ever. 
  • Lakewaykiddie
    Lakewaykiddie
    Lakewaykiddie

OrangeBlueZ

• On Innectis since before it was cool
  • Retired Staff
  • That blue lizard guy
    • View Profile
Re: Hate?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 05:08:58 AM »
Hello there,

I decided to take a look into what's going on with this.  I do not know you, nor have I interacted with you to my memory during my time on innectis.  Let me preface this.  I dont even know who you are and from what you've written you acknowledge you've been banned several times.  But while you've mentioned 'issues' with you, you still attribute your actions to everyone but yourself.  I find this alone disturbing and very telling of your attitude and maturity level, and none of it good.

Having reviewed your past, that's an entirely different story.  You have 9+ Ban threads from pretty much every one of the staff members at the time.  Knowing some of them, Alpha in particular being a particularly forgiving individual, having banned you tells a lot.  All of them follow the same general note - You dont get along with people and you have anger/attitude issues.  Anger aside, when you lash out at players and refuse to obey staff when they tell you to calm down and they are forced to ban you, any 'provocation' you may have received is null and void.  Society doesn't throw people in jail who have issues, they throw the people who act out in jail.  You, and only you are responsible for your actions.  We all have our off days, but enough to get you banned 9 consecutive times?!  No.  The picture being painted is that you are toxic to this community and your fate was to be sealed when you got your indefinite ban.

That being said, it has been over a year.  I believe in forgiveness, and we periodically review and take people off our indefinite ban list.  Periodically being every several months or whenever we feel inclined to do so.  If you think you can demonstrate a modicum of control and behave yourself and assure me you will do so, I will personally appeal for your ban to be lifted.  This is not a guarantee by any means that any change will happen, and should it be lifted there is every chance you will be thrown right back out onto the permaban list at the first offense you commit thereafter.  What I can promise you is that in the chance that your permaban is lifted, should you somehow find yourself banned again, don't expect to come back.  Ever.  Food for thought.

What say you?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 08:18:30 AM by OrangeBlueZ »
  • OrangeBlueZ
    OrangeBlueZ
    OrangeBlueZ
Wait, are you terrified, or excited?  I need to decide whether or not I'm kidding.

CanadianR

• Server Moderator
  • Beaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 06:25:13 AM »
Ok, first of all it, it has not been a year, you were last banned in February. Second, 9 times!? Really that is not something that will help your case. Third, I have interacted with you, and tried to be nice, as well as a number of people. But instead we all got hurt by you saying many harsh things towards us. It especially got bad when I was promoted to staff and you decided to lash out against me and the rest of staff. Which you may I see I am no longer staff, well, I was not kicked off, I resigned due to personal issues http://archives.codespeak.org/innectis/forum/index.php/topic,3038.0.html . Part of which was being hurt by comments like yours. So trust me, for you to return, would not make me comfortable as well as a number of people.
  • CanadianR
    CanadianR
    CanadianR

Only Beaver in Innectis History

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 03:00:33 PM »
Someone banned over 2 years ago keeps asking me if they can come back. However, their toxicity level was just too much, and they were placed on the then permaban list twice... this is not good news when they come to me several times after saying they've changed.

I believe in change, but it requires a change of mindset, which does not come easy to people. You may say you have changed, but to be banned 9 times means you didn't learn much after the first one, much less after the next 7, then finally the last one. Based on recent conversations you and I have had, I do not think you are anywhere near ready to come back.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.