Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: Should stealing be allowed?  (Read 5198 times)

HOBOTHEGREATGOD

• Goldy VIP
  • Does saying "A rich Hobo" h make sence? hmmmmm
    • View Profile
Should stealing be allowed?
« on: June 24, 2014, 08:32:17 PM »
Should stealing be allowed? Yes or no? I have seen people in the past get mad and angry at other players on innectis because he/she took and "stole" many things from that player.  Having diamond armor, diamond sword, diamonds, emeralds, enchanted books,  and many other valued things that u might own and then get stolen by another player would make anyone mad. But I do still think stealing should be allowed but there has to be a certain limit on how many things u can steal from each player.
  • HOBOTHEGREATGOD
    HOBOTHEGREATGOD
    HOBOTHEGREATGOD
Hellllooooooooo Im not really a hobo........

Or am i......

Snow_Owl82

• Goldy VIP
  • doot
    • View Profile
Re: Should stealing be allowed?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 08:43:04 PM »
Stealing is allowed... How would we set a limit, we can't make it like, 'this is my item' for everything. How would sharing things work then?
  • Snow_Owl82
    Snow_Owl82
    Snow_Owl82
i play the trumpet

CanadianR

• Server Moderator
  • Beaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 08:54:55 PM »
Well, there is two sides to this argument. Since we have protection on our chests people are responsible for allowing people to their chests. But however stealing items is something which can easily make someone quit and not come back. It's like the PVP post I made a while back. There is well made points for both sides. Plus there is at times others do rip someone off in a trade i.e: not giving their half for the deal.
My stance, still should keep it as allowed, but may need to make "exceptions" in some cases.
  • CanadianR
    CanadianR
    CanadianR

Only Beaver in Innectis History

HOBOTHEGREATGOD

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 08:55:57 PM »
Forget the limit thing I just see some people getting mad when people steal there stuff.
  • HOBOTHEGREATGOD
    HOBOTHEGREATGOD
    HOBOTHEGREATGOD

Or am i......

Capn_Hu

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 09:04:40 PM »
clearly. but its allowed so deal with it I guess...
  • Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu

Dshumway62

• Administrator
  • Moderater
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 09:06:20 PM »
This should not be a problem, its simple if you don't trust someone don't allow them.
  • MadJackJack
    MadJackJack
    MadJackJack

HOBOTHEGREATGOD

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 11:25:54 AM »
I want to keep the rule stealing I was just seeing some people get very angry on innectis because there stuff was stolen in a pvp fight and other things. So I made the report.
  • HOBOTHEGREATGOD
    HOBOTHEGREATGOD
    HOBOTHEGREATGOD

Or am i......

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 12:18:17 PM »
Stealing is allowed. You are responsible for who you allow to chests, dispensers, furnaces, etc. In the case of PvP, it's your fault for not managing your inventory before fighting. If you have all armor and only 4 items in your inventory, you will drop nothing except xp and vt.
Vt can be manage too. Just bank it first. 
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

hungrybobby1

• Goldy VIP
  • So.......wassup?
    • View Profile
    • My Webpage!
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 07:48:09 PM »

Stealing is allowed because of the fact that chests are locked and YOU allow who can open it and who can't. So if people end up stealing from your own chest, the problems is on you. Next, stealing has made people quit the server, yes, I've seen little babies rage and leave. So does PVP and banning. The abolishment of stealing would mean abolishing PVP and the banning system as all 3 make players leave. Won't work, right? And ripping someone off in a trade is scamming. Scamming =/= stealing and its an offense. There isn't an issue with stealing. Allow who you want. Make good choices. Not everyone is God's Angel so-to-speak.

I vote to keep it.
  • hungrybobby1
    hungrybobby1
    hungrybobby1
Steam: Derpy :3 [Bill Gates]

Florfy5

• VIP
  • am I a Scientist or a Ninja?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 08:21:55 AM »
Stealing is allowed. You are responsible for who you allow to chests, dispensers, furnaces, etc. In the case of PvP, it's your fault for not managing your inventory before fighting. If you have all armor and only 4 items in your inventory, you will drop nothing except xp and vt.
Vt can be manage too. Just bank it first.
Well, long ago, I was doing a PVP fight where everyone had restricted gear (I think a kind of armor and a wood sword?) and then MineKid02 jumped in with OP gear, and I forget what we lost, but our items probably were stolen.
       So, sometimes in PVP, people don't die because of poorly managed inventories, but because people come into the fight with OP gear unexpectedly AND uninvited

Also, with chests, you can allow only your friends, but they CAN always stab you in the back and take everything. I know that because, near the end of the school year,a friend betrayed me... badly. that was school, where what he did was NOT allowed, but this is innectis. my dad, who went to LAW SCHOOL, said that the #1 reason people commit crimes is BECAUSE THEY CAN. of course, this is Innectis, where stealing is allowed. that makes betrayal more likely. also, like canadianR said, I accidentally allowed someone to a chest, and forgot, BUT that chest had all my diamonds AND an enchanted golden apple. that was stolen and I ALMOST quit. I mean, I was like 1 day from quitting (and that is really saying something coming from me).
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 08:33:40 AM by Florfy5 »
  • Florfy5
    Florfy5
    Florfy5
I'm BACK Innectis!

chrisjones23

• Goldy VIP
  • User Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 06:37:30 PM »
Well, long ago, I was doing a PVP fight where everyone had restricted gear (I think a kind of armor and a wood sword?) and then MineKid02 jumped in with OP gear, and I forget what we lost, but our items probably were stolen.
       So, sometimes in PVP, people don't die because of poorly managed inventories, but because people come into the fight with OP gear unexpectedly AND uninvited

you were fighting in a public area witch he could access you have no argument. you could easily have held it at somebodys lot and either kicked or banned him or not told him were it was. if i weas there i would have killed you all too

Also, with chests, you can allow only your friends, but they CAN always stab you in the back and take everything.

pick your friends better

I was like 1 day from quitting

why get so worked up over virtual items. at the end of the day its just a game have fun and if somebody robs you plan to get them back
  • chrisjones23
    chrisjones23
    chrisjones23

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 01:44:33 AM »
Stealing is allowed. There are already plenty of precautions that prevents stealing. In any case with items being taken out of chests with members, it's the owners fault for allowing people in the first place. If you die and lose your items, that's your fault too. Try not to hold so much or be more careful.
  • Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
    Eggnaug
Praise the Sun!

Florfy5

• VIP
  • am I a Scientist or a Ninja?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 08:48:24 PM »
forget it, I'm always the only one on my side of the argument, I'll just stop trying to change ANYTHING!
  • Florfy5
    Florfy5
    Florfy5
I'm BACK Innectis!

Booking50

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 11:52:56 PM »
Its just a game so what if you lose your items you can spend a bit getting it back, Or just ask nicely for your items back if they dont give it dont start crying over losing items just remember its just a game
  • Booking50
    Booking50
    Booking50

Eggnaug

• Solaire of Astora
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Warrior of Sunlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2014, 12:05:30 AM »
Stealing is allowed.