Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: A new rank.  (Read 4488 times)

mercilessdegree

• Star
  • Welcome to the world of bloody evolution.
    • View Profile
A new rank.
« on: January 01, 2014, 11:10:48 AM »
I've seen it on 2 other servers I used to play on and still occasionally stop by to say hi on. What about a rank, similar to VIP just maybe with only 2 lots instead of 3 and just some slightly downgraded perms. This would be obtained through a member of staff, or the whole team agreeing (depends on what would be wanted for their perms) on people who are well-behaved, responsible etc and generally deserve more perms than the average little kid joining for a day, but does not have the ability to make a donation.

The perms suggested are only a guideline, I'm not sure what permissions you would want them to have, maybe more like an SVIP but they have to be an even longer standing player who is much more well behaved, active etc. The base guideline is somewhat the permissions of a donator, but the things they're allowed are slightly less than a donator because they didn't actually donate. Most places only have one donator rank so what one you would like to have as the base to downgrade perms from is up for discussion I guess, I just thought VIP would be best.

Any Constructive Criticism is appreciated, however harsh comments, no matter your views on the idea are NOT cool!

-Merc
  • mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree

Florfy5

• VIP
  • am I a Scientist or a Ninja?
    • View Profile
Re: A new rank.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 11:34:37 AM »
yes! yes! please!!!!

I'm one of those people who cannot donate  :'(
Getting sick of being regular user on every server I am on...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 03:03:26 PM by Florfy5 »
  • Florfy5
    Florfy5
    Florfy5
I'm BACK Innectis!

CanadianR

• Server Moderator
  • Beaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 11:38:24 AM »
If my attempt to donate for a donator rank fails yet again, I would love to have this, besides some people as Florfy said can't donate, but deserve to get a few extra perks for being good people to the community.

It's actually an interesting idea. May need some modifying though, but I don't know what. If we do it, what shall it be called, what will be it's colour, and what will be it's smell?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 12:02:09 PM by CanadianR »
  • CanadianR
    CanadianR
    CanadianR

Only Beaver in Innectis History

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 01:23:13 PM »
To keep up with server costs, it was necessary to take donations. You are given perks based on how much you donate. Having a rank just for the sake of how long someone has been on means they get benefits without actually donating to the server, which is something I unfortunately don't think we should do.

I do know it's unfair for those who have been part of the server for so long who have not gotten anywhere but just user (I never donated and watched as people before me were donating). You are welcome to be added to lots of other players and can build with them that way.

I just don't see this idea as taking shape.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

Capn_Hu

• Goldy VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 03:22:25 PM »
I don't actually mind still being a user because there's still so much to do.
  • Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu
    Capn_Hu

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 03:49:05 PM »
Not having a donators rank is no reason to leave... -.-
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

Vector

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • I am the exception, not the rule
    • View Profile
    • Code Speak
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 03:50:11 PM »
Thing is, not having a way to have a higher rank/have more lots is upsetting to people who can't donate (I should know). It especially upsetting to me because:
1. one of my friends is an ADMIN on a different server(Real Life)
2. one of my friends is VIP on innectis(Real Life)
3. almost all my friends are past user on at least 1 SERVER!!! (Real Life, Again!)

I am getting so irritated of being at the bottom rank on EVERY SERVER I PLAY ON!

Besides, this meant they were good on the server and didn't act like Minekid02 (No Offense)

If this fails, it may very well be "See Ya, Innectis! I'm not coming back!" It's not a threat, it's what would probably happen due to my personality. Read EVERYTHING that came before this on this post if you don't understand why. Yeah, personality shifts between hot, cold, and warm, if you know what I mean.
I know how you feel. I was in the same spot for awhile.
  • AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
    AlphaBlend
I like to make things. That pretty much describes the kind of person I am.

mercilessdegree

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 03:55:52 PM »
Thing is, not having a way to have a higher rank/have more lots is upsetting to people who can't donate (I should know). It especially upsetting to me because:
1. one of my friends is an ADMIN on a different server(Real Life)
2. one of my friends is VIP on innectis(Real Life)
3. almost all my friends are past user on at least 1 SERVER!!! (Real Life, Again!)

I am getting so irritated of being at the bottom rank on EVERY SERVER I PLAY ON!

Besides, this meant they were good on the server and didn't act like Minekid02 (No Offense)

If this fails, it may very well be "See Ya, Innectis! I'm not coming back!" It's not a threat, it's what would probably happen due to my personality. Read EVERYTHING that came before this on this post if you don't understand why. Yeah, personality shifts between hot, cold, and warm, if you know what I mean.
Florfy, this rank would not be based on how long you play or how much you play. It would be based off of if the staff team feels you deserve benefits but are unable to buy them yourself.

Right now you are demonstrating the exact opposite of the behaviour required to even be considered for the rank, and probably would not have any chance of achieving anything close to this if it kept up. If you are THAT fed up then find a way to donate, I was fine being User until I found the old thing Skye did with Vt-Donations and I got lucky and got it whilst it was there (Thanks to Egg (^_^) ) I took an opportunity, you do the same and quit complaining

Also of course the idea and the perms, colour etc. All that would need to be worked out, as of now it was just an idea I had and would be happy to further work on the finer details if it was required for a chance at happening.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 03:57:40 PM by mercilessdegree »
  • mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree

Florfy5

• VIP
  • am I a Scientist or a Ninja?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2014, 04:35:05 PM »
sorry you do NOT wanna know how my day went :P
  • Florfy5
    Florfy5
    Florfy5
I'm BACK Innectis!

mercilessdegree

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 04:39:50 PM »
sorry you do NOT wanna know how my day went :P
Listen, I've had a crappier month than you can probably imagine. This is the internet where we keep our irl lives and out internet lives SEPARATE.

If you want to try me on having a bad time, come at me bro, but do it privately so you don't disturb anyone else. You wont win, I can guarantee it and Ryan can back me up if you want him to.

I'm always up for privately speaking about and helping people with their irl lives, in private if they want it, just don't bring it in everyone else's way. This is a topic for the suggestion, not for you to complain, let's keep it on topic.
  • mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree
    mercilessdegree

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2014, 05:03:44 PM »
Off topic, Locked.
  • SGT_ADZ