Innectis - Minecraft Server > All About Development

What is the IDP update process?

(1/2) > >>

tommykins20:
Hia,
Every time Minecraft updates we wait for Bukkit to update then finally we update, right? Is that how it goes?
Anyway I was wondering why updating IDP takes a bit of a process.. What do you do, Joel? Don't you just update the dependency or something? (Or the 'external library jar')? So yeah I'm curious... what do you also need to do as well as just pop in the new CB?

-tommykins20

Eggnaug:
One of the big reasons why it took so long to update this time is because Mojang changed the netty,

tommykins20:

--- Quote from: Eggnaug on December 21, 2013, 09:31:37 AM ---One of the big reasons why it took so long to update this time is because Mojang changed the netty,

--- End quote ---
The netty?
But also in general, usually when we update IDP it isn't... quick shall I say?

Nosliw:
IDP uses a custom craftbukkit, there can be conflicts here, also yes, dependencies AND new features need to be restricted. Don't want people going wild!

mercilessdegree:
IDP has (I'm guessing here) probably thousands of lines of code, and a ton of them will need to be edited, changed and some revamped altogether in updates depending on what's changed. Base code will need to be altered for others to work, then those others may need to be changed to support the new base etc etc. Considering how big IDP is, it updates very quickly, add in the fact that we only have 1 dev atm and a ton of servers are still on 1.6. I wouldn't be complaining.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version