Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: BeastyBoy321  (Read 12318 times)

l_iamW

• Goldy VIP
  • Ancient Member
  • IT'S TIME TO DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DUEL
    • View Profile
Re: BeastyBoy321
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2013, 02:58:05 AM »
So he is no longer permanently  banned?
  • l_iamW
    l_iamW
    l_iamW

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2013, 05:32:47 PM »
So he is no longer permanently  banned?

Yes, and according to the new banning system, if he makes any more offences in the next while, he shall be (temp)-Perma-banned

And here is my opinion in this ordeal.

Beasty has deserved a permanent ban. Why is this? Because he has now 6 previous bans. One would think another would learn they are doing something wrong after 1, 2, or maybe a 3rd ban, but people like this obviously don't understand what it is to be a positive influence on the community. Also, many people have said recently that the staff seems to be a little "Ban Happy", and I would agree to a certain extent, however in relation to permanent bans, I feel they are extremely lenient.

Here is the definition of Permanent;
"Lasting or intended to last or remain unchanged indefinitely."

Indefinitely does not mean "Until said person has left for an extended period of time" or "Until a few people beg to get their friend unbanned."

And for all the people that decided not to click the link in the original post, here it is for you once again.

Banned Permanently for using X-Ray, yet again. In compliance to his last ban http://archives.codespeak.org/innectis/forum/index.php/topic,2209.0.html

Looking into that link we see the following

30 days for using X-ray. Next ban will be his final ban.

http://archives.codespeak.org/innectis/forum/index.php/topic,975.msg6335.html#msg6335
http://archives.codespeak.org/innectis/forum/index.php/topic,626.msg3560.html#msg3560
http://archives.codespeak.org/innectis/forum/index.php/topic,1461.msg11113.html#msg11113
http://archives.codespeak.org/innectis/forum/index.php/topic,1878.msg14574.html#msg14574
http://archives.codespeak.org/innectis/forum/index.php/topic,2139.msg17761.html#msg17761
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 05:43:27 PM by TheReasoning »
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2013, 06:15:38 PM »
I wanted to keep him perma banned. -.-
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

hungrybobby1

• Goldy VIP
  • So.......wassup?
    • View Profile
    • My Webpage!
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2013, 07:14:33 PM »
Agreed. He should've been perm-banned.
Should this thread be locked?
it has served(ish) it's purpose.
  • hungrybobby1
    hungrybobby1
    hungrybobby1
Steam: Derpy :3 [Bill Gates]

RickTheRuler

• VIP
  • Wake up John.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2013, 10:22:04 PM »
Reasoning, if I could like your post, I would.

Perma should be perma. He had his chance and then he blew it.
  • RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler

Nosliw

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • You can't hurt me, I'm a Jelly Fish..
    • View Profile
    • Uber Island
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2013, 04:32:17 AM »
I wanted to keep him perma banned. -.-
If that was the case then why did you change it? Just because some other people disagree doesn't make your descision wrong.
  • Nosliw
    Nosliw
    Nosliw
I'm here to help.. With the following exception:

@EventHandler(priority = EventPriority.LOW)
public void onPlayerJoin(PlayerJoinEvent event) {
    Player player = event.getPlayer();
    if (player.getName().equals("SGT_ADZ") {
        player.kickPlayer("Yeah... Nah!");
        return;
    }
}

l_iamW

• Goldy VIP
  • Ancient Member
  • IT'S TIME TO DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DUEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2013, 12:20:29 PM »
Now. Reasoning I do agree with what you are saying and I understand where you are coming from a permanent ban should be permanent. But we are human, we are not perfect. If we were perfect then this world would be very different but since we are not I will not go there. Now I agree 100% with what you are saying but we humans learn from our mistakes. If we can clearly see that the player has matured after their final ban and we see they really do want to be unbanned and so many players want him or her to then why should we be the killjoys? Only if we can identify our mistakes can we truly be whom we want to be. We have the power to be anyone or anything but we need to put time and effort into it and we must not give up when we make a mistake! Here at Innectis instead of just banning the player we should ban then and then for example email them saying here is where you went wrong you can do this this and this to try and prevent any future bans.

For example after WW1 Germany was in ruins, Adolf Hitler was elected Führer/Chancellor of Germany. He wanted the Germans economy to skyrocket and he wanted the German people to be happy. But before he could he needed living space for the German people. He invaded Poland using a term called Blitzkrieg (Lightning War) he had used the Luftwaffe to defend the German infantry on the ground to create the most powerful army in Europe. Hitler’s army smashed through Europe at its height Nazi Germany has conquered/invaded partly:

•     Austria
•     Belgium
•     Czech Republic
•     France
•     Belarus
•     Italy
•     Lithuania
•     Luxembourg
•     Monaco
•     Netherlands
•     Poland
•     Russia
•     Slovenia
•     Ukraine
•     Slovakia

…and he was able to do all of that from learning the mistakes that Germany had did in WW1 and using his ability to make encouraging speeches to rise soldier’s morale. He would of also of been able to of taken Britain if he didn't change the Luftwaffe's orders to bomb civilians instead of military targets.

Hitler is not the only person who learned from his mistakes, Thomas Edison had tried to make the lightbulb more efficient then Joseph Wilson’s .He (Thomas Edison) experimented with thousands of different filaments. His goal was to find materials that would light well and last for a long time. It took Thomas Edison 10,000 attempts to make a modern day lightbulb! Yes 10,000!

Now there is a reason I said all of this it shows us that if we see why we made mistakes (In this case being banned) then we can learn and hopefully become a lot more likeable and mature. I feel that this is what Tommykins20 did. He was permanently banned after many bans of being an immature little weasel. 10 months later he saw what he did to get banned he had matured during this period of time and asked the Innectis community if they would want him to be unbanned. Now in the past few months Tommy would sometimes say hi in the IRC Chat and would tell us about his views on ban posts and general news on Innectis. The community had seen this and has clearly seen that Tommy had matured and literally everyone voted for Tommy to be unbanned.

To conclude I am saying that we should give players a chance to show us how they can learn from their mistakes and why  they should be given a second chance to show is  if they have matured or not. Everyone will be able to learn from their mistakes with the help of others. A permanent ban does not always work!
  • l_iamW
    l_iamW
    l_iamW

chrisjones23

• Goldy VIP
  • User Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2013, 04:25:11 PM »
Lol TL:DR but I get the feeling Godwins law was just invoked
  • chrisjones23
    chrisjones23
    chrisjones23

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2013, 06:35:27 PM »
@Liam

1. Hitler was a very manipulative man, and I am not sure whether or not I understood the point you are trying to get across, but I do know this. Hitler was looked at as a "good person" at the time, but how do we look at it now? The world sees him as the sly, evil man he really is.

2. In cases such as Tommy, it's different. Now I don't mean to target him directly, but I don't see a way around it at the moment. Tommy and I were great friends back in the day of OC, I know his behaviors, I know what we did, and he isn't the same as he was. He's too good, and I feel as though he is being "forced" to "act nice" since he fears another Temp-Perma-Ban.

Additional note; I that post seemed quite factional, from what I know, forums are suppose to be used as a space to post about topics in your own words, not grasping onto the Copy and Paste from Wiki's (Apologies if I am completely wrong about this).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 06:38:34 PM by TheReasoning »
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning

Skye

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2013, 07:11:26 PM »
...yeah, locking this.