Innectis Community Forum

Author Topic: My Appeal  (Read 5487 times)

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
My Appeal
« on: April 01, 2013, 12:42:04 AM »
Hello community of Innectis

So I guess i'll update everyone on what has been going on with myself in terms of the actual server, in case not everyone is aware.

"The player 'magical_one' used x-ray to mine straight towards diamonds"
(Thread locked so can't quote propperly)

Anyways, I was minding my business, building and chatting about as I usually do on the server one day, when Nosliw accused me on using an X-Ray mod in June of 2012 (The exact date I am not aware of). However, I have never, nor will I ever resort to using any form of "Illegal" Minecraft mod. Which brought up some questions in my mind; how in the world did this come up now? 8 Months later which I still do not have a clue as of right now. And also; who in the world did this.

After pondering my mind for a short while I realized what must have happened. There are 2 people other then myself that have access to the account "Magical_One". They are both personal friends that I know in real life, were both aware of the Innectis server at the point in time of this incident, and neither had their own Minecraft accounts (at the time of the incident). Now, I know this may not seem believable to everyone, but I guess I am asking the community to ask themselves if they take my word on this when I say, I truly and honestly have never used x-ray on Innectis. And I believe it may have been one of the people other then myself who has access to the "guilty account".

Now you're probably also saying, "Reason! That was still your account! You are responsible! Stay Banned haha!". This is not the truth, because ultimately, Magical_One is not, and was never registered under my e-mail, or any e-mail I have access to for that matter. I now also own (Yes, under my personal e-mail this time) a Minecraft account named "TheReasoning" that a few of you may have seen roaming about every once in a while. So in terms of account safety, I think it is safe to say I have learned my lesson and will never again allow anyone but myself have access to my personal information/accounts/whatever else.
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning

SGT_ADZ

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • I'm kind of a big deal.
    • View Profile
Re: My Appeal
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 12:59:27 AM »
Interesting.
  • SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
    SGT_ADZ
Twitter: @AMcLachlan1

RickTheRuler

• VIP
  • Wake up John.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 02:28:44 AM »
RickTheRuler isn't under my e-mail, but it's still my account. I'm the only one with access to it.

Regardless, I think, even though you say you don't have ownership of the account, you still have a connection with it, which is why TheReasoning was banned. Even if it wasn't you, you're still responsible for what happens on that account.

Lastly, 8 months?! Really? If that's true, then that's a very late reaction by the staff. If not, then, well, it's not. :P (I don't know how to end that, I'm tired.)

-Rick

P.S. Is this an appeal to revoke your ban or restore your honor? Because you only have 5 more days until you're unbanned. Just thought I'd point that out.
  • RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler

RickTheRuler

• VIP
  • Wake up John.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 02:32:17 AM »
Quote from: Nosliw
The player 'magical_one' used x-ray to mine straight towards diamonds, clear path, no doubts.

Also, here's the quote from your ban, if you want to put it in your appeal.

EDIT: Woops, double post.
  • RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler

l_iamW

• Goldy VIP
  • Ancient Member
  • IT'S TIME TO DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DUEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 04:32:42 AM »
What I want to know is that why did Nosliw ban you 8 months later?
  • l_iamW
    l_iamW
    l_iamW

guineaman56

• Retired Staff
  • END ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 08:20:31 AM »
You've got my vote.
  • guineaman56
    guineaman56
    guineaman56

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 10:38:56 AM »
P.S. Is this an appeal to revoke your ban or restore your honor? Because you only have 5 more days until you're unbanned. Just thought I'd point that out.

It was a little bit of both, I figured I had a minute to see whether or not an appeal would work, however I don't really mind waiting 5 days.

Also Rick, anyone with access to the e-mail your account it registered on has the power to recover your account and change the password to whatever they may choose, therefore I don't believe you're the only one with access :P
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 10:40:45 AM by TheReasoning »
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning

RickTheRuler

• VIP
  • Wake up John.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 01:15:54 PM »
Well then yikes. I better change that then. :3
  • RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler

Skye

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 08:20:49 PM »
Magical_One was banned, which was linked to your IP Address. Therefore...you're banned.

RickTheRuler

• VIP
  • Wake up John.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 08:46:03 PM »
Wait, so if theultimateblade, lololom, or jjm0ssjj is banned, that's means that I will be banned as well?

Because they have all accessed the Internet and Innectis using my IP and currently do so occasionally.

Quote from: SGT_ADZ
We can't simply go by IP.

If this applies to switcing accounts, shouldn't it be applied to bans as well? Now we all know Reasoning was previously Magical_One, but since it wasn't his account, which he claims, then I think a further investiation should've be done instead of just banning TheReasoning because they are linked by the same IP address. Chances are, it could've been a friend who got on the account and x-rayed.

If that's not the case and he did do the x-raying, well then, no honor should be restored.

I'm not saying the staff made a wrong decision by banning TheReasoning because magical_one x-rayed; I'm just saying that a thorough investigation, per say, should have been done before jumping to conclusions.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 08:48:11 PM by RickTheRuler »
  • RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler
    RickTheRuler

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 09:45:37 PM »
Magical_One was banned, which was linked to your IP Address. Therefore...you're banned.

Correct, Magical_One and TheReasoning were under the same IP adress at the time, but Magical_One has multiple IP addresses that have accessed it.
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning

Skye

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 11:39:19 PM »
Hey man, I'm just saying what the link system does.

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2013, 11:51:27 PM »
Sooo Bump for Nosliw to hopefully see? Please and thank you.
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning

Nosliw

• Retired Staff
  • Rainbow Member
  • You can't hurt me, I'm a Jelly Fish..
    • View Profile
    • Uber Island
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2013, 06:52:30 AM »
Sooo Bump for Nosliw to hopefully see? Please and thank you.
I guess I have to reply now? :P

Now you're probably also saying, "Reason! That was still your account! You are responsible! Stay Banned haha!". This is not the truth, because ultimately, Magical_One is not, and was never registered under my e-mail, or any e-mail I have access to for that matter. I now also own (Yes, under my personal e-mail this time) a Minecraft account named "TheReasoning" that a few of you may have seen roaming about every once in a while. So in terms of account safety, I think it is safe to say I have learned my lesson and will never again allow anyone but myself have access to my personal information/accounts/whatever else.
You were magical_one at the time of this incident, and you made it known that you are now TheReasoning, hence it is your account that was played upon at the time of x-ray, so you were responsible for it. Furthermore, we ban do our best to ban the person, not the account, this is why if you are banned you are not permitted to use someone else s account to play, and that is why TheReasoning was also banned.

What I want to know is that why did Nosliw ban you 8 months later?
Because someone found x-ray tunnels which gave block log proof that magical_one was using xray. The tunnels were only recently found, and hence the ban was only made recently.
  • Nosliw
    Nosliw
    Nosliw
I'm here to help.. With the following exception:

@EventHandler(priority = EventPriority.LOW)
public void onPlayerJoin(PlayerJoinEvent event) {
    Player player = event.getPlayer();
    if (player.getName().equals("SGT_ADZ") {
        player.kickPlayer("Yeah... Nah!");
        return;
    }
}

TheReasoning

• Retired Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2013, 01:20:50 PM »
Just for the record. The rules state you are permitted to play on another persons account so long as they are not staff, or have a higher rank then yourself, or you are banned on one of your accounts at the time. None if which were the case. -.-" Also, yes I understand that someone used x-ray on the account magical_one, for I have said that many times over. You do not have to state that again, but if you could please re-read the original post again, maybe you can understand what I am trying to get across.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 01:45:44 PM by TheReasoning »
  • TheReasoning
    TheReasoning
    TheReasoning